IGNORED

Michelle Wie and the Canadian Open

iacas
Note: This thread is 5736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
If she finishes top four (no ties), she may earn her 2009 LPGA Tour card (top 80 on the money list)

If she finishes inside the top 25 or so, that will (likely) be enough to finish in the top 120 on the money list. That's also important because the top 120 finishers can receive unlimited sponsor exemptions in 2009.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh, I'm so excited. I really, really want her to do well.

I've got high hopes, she's starting to show some semblance of her sparkling talent in recent tournaments. Even at the Reno Tahoe, she only had one really bad hole, which made her miss the cut by loads of strokes instead of a few (though she still missed it either way). And I really think she would have won at the... State farm??... had she not been DQ'd.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

even though i'm tired of her entourage, i wish her the best

i had never known that the exemptions for the LPGA was different than the PGA. i like the LPGA's system better

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I'm glad she's trying to compete with the ladies this week. Maybe this is the start of a bunch of tournaments in a row that the doesn't miss the cut on the men's tour. She may be good and/or have a lot of potential, but I don't agree she should play on the mens tour when she has not even won on the womens tour yet. Doesn't really matter what she does ten years from now, she has no business playing men's tournaments when she cannot make a cut (she misses enough of those on the ladies tour). Maybe she will win the Canadian Open and shut a lot of people up (myself included). Maybe she'll miss yet another cut. Maybe she'll play well enough the rest of the year to earn her LPGA Tour Card. I hope she does; then I hope she dedicates 2009 to winning and scoring top 10 finishes on the LPGA tour then MAYBE think about a men's event in 2010 or 2011.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

She may be good and/or have a lot of potential, but I don't agree she should play on the mens tour when she has not even won on the womens tour yet. Doesn't really matter what she does ten years from now, she has no business playing men's tournaments when she cannot make a cut (she misses enough of those on the ladies tour).

i couldn't agree with you more. where the f*ck does she get off playing in all these mens tournaments when she can't even win on the womens?? just cause she can hit the ball a mile doesn't give her just cause. I'm sick of it...SICK! lol

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

• Administrator
I don't agree she should play on the mens tour

Let's stick to topic please.

Maybe she'll play well enough the rest of the year to earn her LPGA Tour Card.

This is her last exemption. There is no "rest of the year."

I hope she dedicates 2009 to winning and scoring top 10 finishes on the LPGA tour

I think that the spring and fall of 2009 will be devoted to Stanford regardless of her summer plans.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If she finishes top four (no ties), she may earn her 2009 LPGA Tour card (top 80 on the money list)

All I can say is good luck...like I did when she gave it a go at the Reno-Tahoe. I thought you were done talking about Michelle Wie iacas!

Funny thing is I feel that even if she didn't finish in the top 120 on the money list or whatever, she'd still find a way to play tournaments and grab all the attention...no?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Look, she has talent, but is mis-managed! She needs to get her head on straight and work with a good coach and manager.

she will be going back to Q School!

• Administrator
I thought you were done talking about Michelle Wie iacas!

In response to PEZ and in regards to the Reno-Tahoe, you bet.

Funny thing is I feel that even if she didn't finish in the top 120 on the money list or whatever, she'd still find a way to play tournaments and grab all the attention...no?

Top 120 is

unlimited sponsor exemptions. She'll play her normal six regardless.
she will be going back to Q School!

She can't go "back" if she never went there a first time. And I'm not so certain she'll try Q School. She may just play the college routine and compete again in the summer, like this year.

• Administrator
Why the hell are the first two rounds being shown only on "RSN"? Seriously?

• Administrator

I have her at T88.

She started off well, too, birdie par birdie. Kinda fell apart after that. Not sure how she doubled that par five, but she did.

Lorena leads and Annika is one back. Nice.

Nice to see Gulbis in contention again, four out at T12. Wie's T87, nine out. Not a good start on the quest for the card. Even without the double, she would not have been close to Lorena's -6.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

What happened to Gulbis on her last nine? Four bogies in a row, then birdie, only to be followed by a double!? She was doing well up to that point.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Decent round from Michelle today, -2 on the day, +1 for the tournament. I have her currently tied for 37th.

Also tied for 37th, I might add, are the like of Suzann Pettersen, Morgan Pressel and Angela Park.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• Administrator
Decent round from Michelle today, -2 on the day, +1 for the tournament. I have her currently tied for 37th.

And now, not much later, T35. She'll clearly make the cut, too, and if she can shoot a few more 70s she should get that top 25.

Note: This thread is 5736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!