IGNORED

Ever want to quit?

AlCzervik
Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last night I was thinking about this thread and my previous post and suddenly felt very ashamed for the things I said. It suddenly occurred to me how spoiled and self centered I am. There are millions and millions of people on this planet that don't know where their next meal is coming from and watch helplessly as their family members and friends are dying all around them and here I am getting depressed because I missed a few par putts. What an ungrateful jerk I am! Let's face it. The mere fact that we are able to go out and play golf is a wonderful blessing. Who cares about the stupid score card? It's not like I'm ever going to turn pro. Note to self: Next time you miss a putt, take a moment to survey the beauty of nature that is all around you, take a deep breath and thank God for the privilege of being a golfer!

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

53 on the front 9. 59 on the back. I am awesome.

That's not bad considering your handicap.

Sorry, I had to. I've felt the way you feel right now. It will get better, use it as motivation to improve, that's what I did. I am of the school that golf becomes more fun the better you get at it. I rarely had fun out there when I used to shoot well into the triple digits. I am having the most fun I've ever had playing golf right now, because of my improvements. I desperately want to continue to improve, but right now I'm enjoying myself because I can get around the course in a reasonable amount of strokes. Gives me a little more confidence out there. Stick with it, it will pay off in the end.

I want to quit just about everyday... last year I had my handicap down to about 12/14 at one point with my low rounds being 80, 81x2 and I play mostly in the 80's. This year I've really been working on my swing, trying to take some of the flaws out and I've shot like SH*T this year! Sat morning played the blues at my muni on the front and I just suxed! 49 front, then went whites on the back I was playing so bad and shot a 40 back... and I played like crap most of the back, but almost birdied out the last 3 holes.. the 2 birdies were 25' and 15', then on 18 I had a 6' for bird on the the par 5 18th and lipped it...

Anyways, I find that since I've video'd my ugly ass swing I hate myself more and more.. not to mention, my scores are just going up. :( I practice something everyday.. and I can't hit my driver still, when I do it ballons with no roll... and that's probably the worst part of my game right now..I'm introuble non stop even if I hit a fairway I end up in a divot or something...

I think maybe I need reevaluate myself playing golf and working as hard as I do to be THIS DAMN BAD :(

pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

53 on the front 9. 59 on the back. I am awesome.

Sounds like my round last Monday. I thought for sure that the day was going to be my day to finally break 100....Front nine I shoot a 62, but the back nine I did improve to a 51.

I still enjoyed my day, albeit it was frustrating. I try to look back and see where I made most of my mistakes because I did hit a lot of nice shots. This gives me something to improve next time. One trend I noticed after looking at my scorecards is that the same 5-6 holes give me trouble every time.

I'm going to give you a little advice.
There's a force in the universe that makes things happen.
And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

I think, as all ready said, the best thing to do when you get frustrated to the point of wanting to quit is to just take a break from the game(few weeks or a month). When most people feel like that it is usually due to the fact they have extremely high expectations and after a few bad shots it begins to snowball. I use to beat myself up when I didn't shot near my handicap all the time, and would complain that being an 12 handicap I shouldn't be shooting in the mid 90's. But in talking to a friend he told me that the handicap is just a measure of your potential and you shouldn't be caught up in what you shoot relative to your handicap. Plus how was I shooting to my potential when I let a few bad shots ruin my round and completely got out my normal routine and rythm. Golf is supppose to be fun and if you are not having fun then why be out there, plus a small break will usually lower expectations and allow you to enjoy it when you get back out.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

With summer winding down and classes starting again soon, I doubt I'll get out much anymore. I'll be lucky if I get out once more this year. Don't have the funds right now either, especially not after spending $200 on a concert weekend last weekend.

Right now I'm just interested in getting to the ski season. But I'll be ready for golf again in the spring. I have enough other hobbies to keep me busy, so that definitely helps in not craving golf too much.

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!