IGNORED

Weird things that happen on your round...

Fraser
Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

a few days ago me and my friend had to tee of on the 5th and 6th across a lake well the first time we went by a couple of geese started hissing at us.well the second time around they attacked me and my friend!!! it was the weirdest and scariest thing ever to happen to me golfing!

• 5 months later...
we have a bald eagle that lives on my home course... it nests over the water hazard on #14... well one day it scooped up a fish from the lake...flew way above us while we were on the teebox... and the fish slipped from its grasp while my buddy was teeing off... landed right in front of him flapping around and everything... hahaha... the eagle just perched itself in a nearby tree and waited for us to leave
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

At my course in the water hazards their are these HUGE mutant looking frogs. for some reason I always find a smaller one dead on the greens. I also found a dead goose in the rough by a tree at the same course. For some reason when i saw it, its head was gone and nowhere in sight. Pretty nasty.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Dead Animal alert.

-Playing the local Muni, on one of the Tiger Tees there is a random Deer Leg, and an assortment of bloody bones.Weird

- While driving out to the course, a hawk lands in the road, and picks up a snake, narrowly missing our car. Idiot.

- On a par three, we had to wait 20 minutes for a family of Hawks to get off the green. one parent was sitting in a tree watching us on the tee box, the other was showing them how to walk around and eat. Was pretty cool actually

-was at the bottom of a hill, Apparently the group behind us didnt see me down there (its the same hole, only about 75 yards between us.) the guy behind us hits, while i am waiting to hit, (the group ahead was still putting out) and the guys ball hits the bill of my Hat. I have never seen someone run away that fast in my life.

-Mid swing, a Marshall drives up and asks if i found a wedding ring.. I later did :)

- This ones kinda bad, but a buddy of mine was teeing off, there were some geese up ahead of us, maybe 100 yards out, he hits his driver, completly tops it, straight into a goose. It didnt get up :/ Marshall said it happens more than you would think..

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

A brush fire started in the hills adjacent to our course. They started running air tankers at the fire because it's close to homes. To refill, a helicopter hovers over a pond on the course, scoops up water, and drags thousands of gallons of water directly over our heads towards the fire. As the fully laden helicopter passed overhead, water gently dropped on us like a mild rain.

• 4 weeks later...
the course staff ended up bsing the other day due to heavy rain... and we talked story...
one of the marshalls said one morning when they did the opening once over... they noticed a pickup truck stuck deep in a water hazard in the back of the course... keys still in it... the cops said it was stolen and probably kids joyriding

My father in law and I played a couple weeks ago. It was warm, but it had been so cold that there was still some ice on the ponds, although most had melted. We were on a 170 yard par 3 with water in front. He came up short but just happened to not only hit some of the remaining ice, but happened to hit a block that was sturdy enough to bounce his ball up on to the green.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

My group was on the teebox of a par 4. At the front of the box about 30 yards ahead I just happened to see out of the corner of my eye a falling object. I watched and heard it splat onto the ground.

I looked up and there was an overhanging branch. Sitting on the branch was a giant Blue Heron. He had at least a 6 foot wingspan. He had just dropped the largest pile of bird crap I had ever seen.

The only thing that would have made it more memorable would be if someone would have been walking underneath when it happened!

Every time I play that hole, I look up!

I was playing up in the interior of BC (christina lake) and was taking a 7 iron into a par 4 and a deer walks right up beside me like 6 feet away and just stands there, i hit my shot and the deer just stood there, closest ive ever been to a deer.

Saw a rattle snake the same day when i was looking for a ball, needless to say i didnt venture into the long rough again.

my dads friend is a scratch golfer. he was playing with a guy who skipped his ball across water it hit a rock on the other side and bounced up onto the green and rolled into the hole.

My dad also hit a shot into a par 4 and it had side spin and literally jumped sideways straight into the cup, best thing ive ever seen.

also another time, i was playing with my buddies and this group of 4 playing behind us was drunk and being rowdy and kept hitting into us, so they hit into us for about the fifth time, i walked 5 yards to the guys ball waved to get his attention, then procedded to take out my 50* and hit it smack into the middle of a water hazard right infront of him.

needless to say they didnt hit into us again.

Yeah, killing innocent animals for absolutely no reason is pretty mature isn't it? I'm not even against hunting (in the correct venue and if you plan to eat it) but why the hell would you kill a bird with a golf ball for fun on a course, and think it's amusing? Did your dad beat you as a kid or something?

he never said it was on purpose or proud of it just happened a few times you assumed he did it for fun.

While working a tournament, I saw two grown men tackle each other down the side of the 17th hole it is like a twenty foot hill. Crazy stuff, and in the fairway they used the ole backwards divot for a "natural" tee.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, killing innocent animals for absolutely no reason is pretty mature isn't it? I'm not even against hunting (in the correct venue and if you plan to eat it) but why the hell would you kill a bird with a golf ball for fun on a course, and think it's amusing? Did your dad beat you as a kid or something?

comos chill out, he never said he meant to kill the goose, all he said was he was hitting a shot and his ball happened to hit a bird plus in washington where i play. Every year there will be tons of geese, them one day in the middle of the summer BAM they are all gone? wanna know what happens? well one day i asked where all the geese went. turns out they round them up and gas them to death, off to the landfill they go. seems like he just sped up the enivetable now didnt he?

wanna know what happens? well one day i asked where all the geese went. turns out they round them up and gas them to death, off to the landfill they go. seems like he just sped up the enivetable now didnt he?

whoa... dont say that out loud... peta is watching...

*hides in the rough camilo spiderman style*

peta has a point about somethings but others are ridiculous. as much as i dont support animal cruelty, sometimes we need to test cancer curing drugs on animals...

plus whats peta gonna do ask every golf course in washington if they kill the geese yearly? no one will admit that to peta

peta has a point about somethings but others are ridiculous. as much as i dont support animal cruelty, sometimes we need to test cancer curing drugs on animals...

it was a joke... hence the camilo spiderman in my post... guess lame humor doesnt translate in here... my bad

Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!