IGNORED

Just Made The Golf Team

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 5739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I just had two days of tryouts for my high school golf team.

The first day we played 18 holes at our home course which is really nice. The only other time I went there I shot a 32 over par. Not my best day. However yesterday I just shot a 25 over par (97). I got the 5th best score on the team.

Today I played nasty. Started out crappy (triple, bogey) but then I went par, par, par, double, par, bogey, par. Which was tied for the 3rd best score.

6 people go to away matches, and all 11 play home matches. I'll most likely be playing in most of the away matches. We probably won't be great at all, but still.

Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

congrats. i wish i woulda started young and played golf in high school. make the most of it, you can learn a lot and who knows, if you get good enough, maybe even play in college.
In my Datrek Cart Bag (soon to be replaced):

Driver: Lynx 2008 Predator Ti (10.5*, Regular Flex)
Woods: Walter Hagen AWS (3 Wood)
Hybrids: Walter Hagen MS2 Hybrids w/ graphite shafts (18*, 22*)Irons: Walter Hagen MS2 Irons w/ graphite shaftsWedges: 56* Taylor Made rac w/ steel shaft ; 52* Slazenger...

I remember trying out for my high school golf team. I was really nervous. Shot probably a 45 on 9 holes. Found out it was the 2nd best score. This was the first year my high school had a golf team and i was a freshman.

Continued to improve and moved to number 1. I really didn't like being number 1 so my coach moved me to the 2nd spot. Felt more comfortable.

My school was small about 600 kids total so there weren't many players on the team. Maybe 9 or so. I know the bigger schools around me were more competitive about golf. Their players would shoot even par.

K i'll stop rambling.

In my Vantage Bag:
Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5*
Woods: Steelhead Plus 3 and 5
Irons: Forged 300 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 52* and VR 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Red

Congrats. It's quite fun.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Congrats! High school golf can really be a lot of fun. Even 10 years later I can still remember some of the rounds that I played back in those days... Have fun!

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Congrats, bogeyhitter! Wish I'd gotten started into this game as early as you have. Good luck with your golf team!
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Congrats!

Now the work and the fun begins. Keep practicing and good things will happen.

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

yea i made my team too, we tak our top 9 to away matches,

i should be number 5 after shooting 40-41 for a 81...our team is stacked this year :)

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

Way to go!

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

Congrats good job.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Thanks all lot guys. There's this one nasty player on our team who wins all of his matches. I've known him before I started playing golf. Me and him were in the same groups and we joke around about how he's been playing since he was 5, and I started last year and how he only beat me by 3 strokes haha (I played possessed and he was joking around all day). He'll give me pointers along the road.

Congrats man - especially for someone I guess is fairly new to the game. What other schools do you play against up there? (I grew up in your general area)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations!

My school didn't have a golf team, although I've found out from other old boys that they've set one up recently. It's too bad because I'd probably have made the team back then since we only had 300 people between the ages of 11-18 and not many played golf!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Congrats man, just make sure you don't take it too serious. It's going to be some of the most fun times in your HS career that's for sure; if your experience is anything like mine. I needed something to do in the off season of baseball in HS so I picked up golf. By senior year the 3 baseball players I had been playing on the golf team had quit baseball and were focused strictly on golf. It's quite an addictive game, especially in great company.

MacGregor MACTEC NVG2 8.5* Driver
MacGregor UT2 NVG2
Taylormade VSteel 3W
Cobra IH300 3-PW
Nike SV 56* SWNike SV 50* GWOdyssey 2ball PutterTitleist Pro V1x

Congratulations, when I played in high school, my first year I shot a 43, and a 45 (7 and 9 over) and got the 14th (last) spot. Golf was a pretty big deal in my school, with around 100 trying out for 14 spots.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

Congrats on making the team.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!