IGNORED

Golf: Cost per month

yeis20
Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Cost per month?

• <100
    • 101-150
    • 151-200
    • 201+

I don't spend a penny on golf. One of the perks of being in the business I suppose.

I couldn't play the game otherwise.

907D2 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63g Stiff
905R 9.5* Accra SC75 Stiff
HiBore 15* 3 Wood Aldila NV85 Stiff
20* Pro Gold Hybrid Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX
AP2 4-P,W ProjectX 5.5 Vokey Spin Mill 54.10 & 60.04 Studio Design #3 Cut to 32.5" ProV1x All #6's

I play twice a week and probably once a week to the range.

2x4= 8x$34= $272
1x4= 4x$7 = $28_
Equals $300
DRIVER - SQ Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3 WOOD - Wrath 15*
HYBRIDS - Wrath 3I 18*/4I 21*
IRONS - Wrath 5-PW
WEDGE - 60*PUTTER - Callie 35"BALL - Juice 312 #4's

I don't think the range in the poll was realistic, particularly for this forum. Over 52% in the $201 category is proof. Those spending less than $200 arn't following "Sand Trap." As for me dues at my club are $400 per month, carts are $15/round, speed carts (my preference) are $3/round. It's easy to spend $600/month. But, like I tell my wife, I'm not chasing women.

<100 for me. I might be right at the $100 mark or slightly over it. I am happy if I can get 9 holes a week in, and usually my Dad will end up springing for at least one of those. The total I personally spend is probably under $100, though. It kinda has to be.

In about 40 minutes, however, I get a free greens fee because my local club has a punch card and after your 5th punch you get a free one.

w00t!

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I play 1-2 times per week (we will say two) = 2*4 = 8 *16 = 128
and once to the driving range per week = 1*4 = 4 *5.50 = 22

Total = $150 per month or less if I get busy and can't get out twice a week.

I pay a little bit more for transportation costs than for green fees, having to get out of NYC. Sometimes rental, sometimes the train. So lets say 6 rounds a month at about $45 round, plus average transportation cost of $60 a pop.

That's about $630ish.

Range, 3-4 times a month. Range is $25 a pop for 120ish balls. It's $15 to get to the range.

So about $750 total a month, not including balls, new grips, and whatever else.

As Johnny Miller would say, Yowza!

I don't play from November to March, unless we get a warm spell.

What this doesn't take into account is time, which is worth more. To get to and from a course, a decent course is at least an hour, more realistically 1.5 hour. And the rounds here are awfully long. At least five hours. Some places make you check in an hour ahead of your tee time.

Yeah, I know. If I lived in the midwest or most other places in the US, I could own a car, pop in for 9 after work, get cheap golf, drive 15 minutes to a course, be near nice practice facilities. My work and family and friends are here for now.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think the range in the poll was realistic, particularly for this forum.

I was thinking the cost might be low until I saw the average age of posters here.

almost 60% are 30 or under 30% are 20 and under

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

I thought the ranges were a little low as well.

I used to spend $200+ every week when I was playing a lot - that's muni courses. The group I played with didn't care for 'club golf' so we got used to traveling the surrounding cities for every muni course we could find.

I'm a Senior now so they give me a small 'break' on greens fees. Still $30 a pop is not chicken feed. I'm coming back from a shoulder injury so I only have 8 rounds over 8 weeks this summer, but I'm ready to start 3 times a week now that the weather will be cooling.

BTW, I'm thinking seriously of heading south for Florida! I'm not sure I want another winter on these old bones!
I'm sure the rates will be higher down there!

Whats In The Bag!
Ball - NXT Tour
Driver 983E
#3 Burner
#5 Metal Railer#3, #5 Burner Rescue Hybrids #5-PW, Gap, Tour CB Irons Wedges (56)588 - (60)CG BlackPearl Putter - Rossa Daytona

Country Club fees and F&B; minimums add up quick. Here in Ohio you usually have 9 months of play. Costs are just south of $750/month.

Some years it cost me $300/round.

Other years with my son playing it worked out to be $0.25/round. Frequency is the variable... This year it just might go under $35/round.

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

3-4 buckets a week at $8 a pop = $32 *4 = $128
1 round of golf per week at $25 a pop = $100

$228 per month... yikes..

And that's not even counting the equipment, balls and gloves I lose or wear out.

well... I play about 60-80 rounds in a regular year... that figures to be an average of 5-7 rounds per month, so lets use 6 as the number...

6 rounds, probably 3 walking at $15-20 and 3 riding at $25-40... so at least $125 for my rounds. I don't eat at the course save the occaisional crackers or dog at the turn, an it's not like I wouldn't have eaten something elsewhere.

BUT... the wife plays as well... usually maybe 10-20 rounds per year... so add another $40 a month or so average.

Total about $165 a month minimum... then there's the occaisional splurge course or vacation and that adds a little. But, I do keep the equipment costs low and come up with ways to get some free golf occaisonally and other such things... so my additional costs beyond greens fees are pretty low.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

It really does add up.

My cost will hopefully soon drop significantly when I join somewhere. I've just been hopping around to different courses lately.

It will also drop a bit once it cools off and I walk more often. Cart fees are running around $15 per round. Trail fees for walking around here generally free.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Oh I forgot to add something in my previous post. I recently found a very nice course with it's own practice facility, open 7 days.

The large bucket is $6 and the chipping green is surrounded by 4 sand traps and 200+ balls - all FREE!
Plus a very nice putting green!

I spent 4 hours out there Labor Day, just chipping and putting and driving - $6.00 - Not too bad!
Whats In The Bag!
Ball - NXT Tour
Driver 983E
#3 Burner
#5 Metal Railer#3, #5 Burner Rescue Hybrids #5-PW, Gap, Tour CB Irons Wedges (56)588 - (60)CG BlackPearl Putter - Rossa Daytona

• 4 weeks later...
I guess i am lucky when it comes to memberships. Gordon Lakes is 475/yr for military, and you just pay $1/$2 on weekdays for 9/18 and $3/$4 on weekends. Of course, that's walking. Carts are normal price.

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

I'm trying to hit the links 3X week lately, so $500+ per month (not including equipment purchases)

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I believe only 2 courses offer memberships around me. Both are valued around $6000+. I have played maybe twice on them due to rediculous green fees ($80 in the morning before 8am, and $120 during the day)

Wow reading this thread is making me rather patriotic.

I live in New Zealand and we have the second highest number of golf courses per capita in the world behind Scotland. There's probably 20+ courses within a 45 minute drive of where I live, closest is about a 10 minute drive, and according to the nzga website the average cost of a round in NZ is around $18 US ($12 if you're a member of another course). Some really nice courses too.

Being only 21 it costs me less to play but the prices above are for full adult green fees. I'm planning on getting an intermediate/U23 membership at a course next week that'll cost me about $200 US for the year and due to our general lack of snow in winter all year round play is no problem .

So my answer is well under $100 per month.

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!