IGNORED

Most birdies for you on par 3's, 4's or 5's?

bigoak
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

our home course has a 289, 319 par 4s, lol

Thats basically the same for me only there are three 4's that are drivable for me!

I mostly get them on par 5's though because my distance really helps me get it up the hole, if only i could putt...

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Not that I ever get a barrage of birdies, but when I get them,they are usually on par 4's around the 375 and shorter range unless the course is wide open where you can try to bomb it on the drive. Par 3's a lot of times I miss the green so to get a birdie requires a chip-in. I tend to par a higher percentage of Par 5's (relative to how many there are compared to Par 4's) but don't birdie very many of them.

That said, I've only gotten 2 birdies this year (a Par 4 and a Par 3) but have had more Pars and Bogies this year than I ever have before. I only average 0.14 birdies a round so I tend to remember them for a while!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Definitely par 5s, there is more margin of error per shot prior to the green. Back in the day it was definitely par 3s because I couldn't hit long irons and fairway woods off the deck.

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

Par 5's, if I can have a wedge in my hands hitting my 3rd shot I will be within 8 feet 85% of the time.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Most likely type of hole to birdie statistically? Par 5's by a long shot. Most total birdies? Probably par 4's just because there are so many more of them played in each round. Since it isn't a statistic that I've ever kept track of, I can't quantify it more than that. I do know that at one time or another I've made birdie on every hole on my home course, and on 7 of those holes I've made eagle. My lifetime gross ringer score for my home course is 25 under par.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do know that at one time or another I've made birdie on every hole on my home course, and on 7 of those holes I've made eagle. My lifetime gross ringer score for my home course is 25 under par.

Very nicely done, man I'd be happy to have a par on every hole on my home course at one time or another lol, good job.

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

Very nicely done, man I'd be happy to have a par on every hole on my home course at one time or another lol, good job.

I've got a bit of an advantage over a lot of guys... I've been playing this course regularly now for 25 years....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3s and 4s for me.

For some reason I'm not too good at birdieing the par 5s, even though I'm fairly long off the tee for someone of my handicap. At my old course the par 5s were tough, long holes, and at the course where I currently play one of the par 5s, although not long requires a layup due to ESA guarded the entire front of the green.
I do know that at one time or another I've made birdie on every hole on my home course, and on 7 of those holes I've made eagle. My lifetime gross ringer score for my home course is 25 under par.

I thought I was the only person to do that!

I kept a little record of when I birdied each hole at my old course. Yet to make an eagle...

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I'd say that the majority of my birdies have came on par 5's. The only eagle I've ever hit was on a par 4 from 130 yards on the 2nd shot. It was just a lucky shot.

I recently got an eagle on a par 4 130 yds away too!

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

For me, it's par 5s. Im not a long hitter(250-275avg with the driver) but I usually am in the green in 2 or close in most par 5s since I'm a good fairway wood player.
What's in the Bag

Tour Burner 9.5* stock stiff shaft
Tour Burner 14.5* 3 Wood stock stiff shaft 3DX Ironwood 20* UST Proforce V2 regular shaft 690mb Irons 4-PW rifle flighted 5.5 shafts Forged 48* wedge Vokey Design spin-milled 54*, 60* wedges Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant TP Red&Black BallsLowe...

I believe statistically that professionals make the most birdies on par 5's. I kept track and in the last 5 rounds I had the most birdies on par 3's.

I'm the same. For some reason it's all about the par 3's.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

If you are talking ratio, I'll birdie par 5's more frequently then 4's of 3's. But if you are talking about a normal 18 hole round (four par 3's, ten par 4's, and four par 5's) I'll birdie more par 4's.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

most of my birdies have come from par 5's. i LOVE playing on par 5's. I get really nervous on par 3's..it's funny give me a 7 iron in the fairway at 160 - 170 out and i'm comfortable...but a 165 par 3...gets me really tight.
when i have a good round..i'll par most par 4's..maybe have 1 birdie..but i'll take advantage of the par 5's...and hopefully shoot par or bogey on the 3's... most likely bogey's though.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!