IGNORED

"Your First Birdie" Thread

polodinks
Note: This thread is 3443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't want to sound negative here but... Get a life!

Ha, I guess I'm special because I have one of those already.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it so too. As a tip, give yourself chances. Putting for birdie, even from far away, is a better chance than chipping from nearer the pin but off the green. More chances will become more birdies. You've broken through the ceiling so now there is nothing holding you back. If you play the same course a lot, start tracking which holes you have birdied. Pretty soon you may find you've birdied them all. One down, eight to go on that nine.

Thanks. Last round was the first where I'd not always go for it, but play more conservatively. I finally realized that being 40 yards closer but in the rough/sand wasn't as good as 100 yards away and in the short stuff. Obvious, but learning how to manage a hole is helping me enjoy it even more.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart

Ha, I guess I'm special because I have one of those already.

I also know a few special people, but they only get out on weekend supervision.

Congratulations! :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations to you. I seem to recall my first birdie being a similar situation. It is such a great feeling. Hope that it continues for you!

Good job Chris.

Patrick57 telling someone to get a life when he spends his trolling golf forums...the amount of irony is almost too much to comprehend.

Also, if you really want to improve your game and have more shots at birdies, might I suggest you peruse all of Patrick's threads? They are extremely imformative and so very easy to understand. They make so much sense it makes golf seem like a joke. Everyone here reads them and applies his advice to their game.

ya I remember my first birdy was actually a chip in also or maybe that was my second. I actually got my first 2 in the same week. Thats awesome but it starts feeling better when you get to walk up to your ball on the green and sink a 4 or 5 footer for birdie. Actually maybe not, haha one of the best feelings is when I leave a hole and realize I never had to reach for my putter on that one.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Congrats on the birdie! There will be more to come....

As far as Patrick57. I had a suspision it was him yesterday, making some aweful threads and stupid comments.

Hey Patrick got banned again. If you're watching this, did you forget to take your medicine again?, it's probably not a good idea to miss your daily dose of your Antipsychotic drugs.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

That's awesome, man! I'm still looking for my first birdie so I'm a little jealous. How long did it take you to get it?

Thanks everyone. I played again today after work, same place, and scored my second birdie. :-) Another ~370 yard par 4, the hole before the previous birdie. Very similar story too. Driver off the tee missed right, another slight dogleg right. Hit an AW from 100 yards to about 15 feet from the hole and sunk the putt.

That's awesome, man! I'm still looking for my first birdie so I'm a little jealous. How long did it take you to get it?

Thanks! Well, quite awhile if you count from the first time I played golf. I played a lot when I was 15-18 and never made a birdie. I then played maybe once every other year at random company events/charity events and certainly never made a birdie over that stretch. Now 29, I decided in February this year that I wanted to play again, like I did when I was 15-18, and so I've played 10 full rounds (0.5 for each 9 hole) so far this year. I've also been practicing on the range a lot since February (16 trips, 821 balls -- not counting putting or chipping practice -- yes, I'm a stats nerd).

Congrats on your first and second birdies!!!

You never forget the first birdie. I don't remember a lot of my shots from +30 years ago but I will always remember my first birdie. It was 1976, I was 11 years old and it came on #4 a 330 yard par4 at Sparrow Hawk GC in my hometown of Jackson MI. I hit a booming 200 yard drive(Maple head driver and Blue Max golf ball,lol) and a 7-iron from 130 yards to 10 feet above the cup. The putt had about two feet of break so I was pretty excited when it went in, when your 11 your excited when anything goes in,,lol!. Even after 36 years I can still remember hitting that 7-iron dead solid and the ball never leaving the flagstick.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Awesome story indeed. :-) And you guys were right. I hit another one today. 3rd birdie in the last 7 days.

Awesome story indeed.

And you guys were right. I hit another one today. 3rd birdie in the last 7 days.

You should change your handle to Butter , because you are on a roll.  My first birdie was about 20 years ago.  I hit a six-iron to about six feet on the fourth hole par 3 of a course in Tampa that is now a mall.  Rolled the putt in and had to stand there for a moment to realize that I'd actually made a birdie.  I think I had been so conditioned to making bogey - or worse - that I had to think about how many strokes I had actually taken.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ha! My first two were on ~370 yard par 4s. Today was a 134 yard par 3. 8i to about 10 feet and holed the putt.

Ha! My first two were on ~370 yard par 4s. Today was a 134 yard par 3. 8i to about 10 feet and holed the putt.

looking for my first birdie!!!! ive had a couple of pars.but ive defiantley had chances for birdies if it werent for my bad chipping!

In bag(15 years old on budget):

Driver- Taylor Made Burner 09

3 Wood- Dunlop Loco

3 Hybrid- Walter Hagen AWX

4,5 Hybrid- Nicklaus Polarity

6-SW- Nicklaus Polarity Irons

Putter- Top Flite

Balls- Callaway War Bird

Note: This thread is 3443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!