IGNORED

Cleveland Niblick Short Game Hybrid

ERC7.5
Note: This thread is 5702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am glad that I was not the only one intrigued by this club.

Im still not sure I will pull the trigger since a Scotty Cameron, a new bag and possibly a new set of irons are on my list first.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Doesn't do anything for me personally but my father who has an "ailing" knock off chipper would appreciate this, it's going on the "maybes" for his B-Day list.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

I am glad that I was not the only one intrigued by this club.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I said coming into the season that I was going to concentrate on getting new (better) irons. Instead I spent a bunch of money on a bag, 3 wood, 3 different hybrids and some other junk. Going into the "offseason", I'm more focused on the new irons and possibly a new Scotty. I certainly wouldn't mind getting this though....

Could you use it for chipping?

Absolutely...you could use it for many shots.....

Chipping, Pitching, Approach, Trouble, Sand.... I have a lot of problems getting the ball to the hole from around the green. Typically my best bet is to use an 8 iron and swing it somewhat like a putter....problem is I don't always swing it "somewhat" like a putter and end up boning it across the green. I'm thinking this would have a shorter shaft and would set up better for a putter/short chip stroke. Of course, it doesn't come out until the middle of October so it's hard to say one way or the other. Definitely an interesting club though!

• 4 weeks later...
Old thread, but YUK. That really does look gross

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Just curious... for those that are thinking of adding this to your bag... What club are you going to replace?

I could stand to take a few clubs out of my bag anyway (that thing is either heavy or I'm way out of shape!). The 4-iron could come back out since I don't really use it (rarely even use my 5 iron....I play on a pretty short course). I've threatened to permanently dispose of my driver quite a bit this year....

In actuality, I probably won't be picking this club up.... I'm going to be concentrating on acquiring some new irons and a new 56° this off season.

I use a similar club the MARXMAN X-ACT. It is a niblick with the WHITE HOT XG insert. It is awsesome around the green. You can use it to bump and run, chip shot, and pitch shot.

In My Limited Edition "Sir Isaac Newton Caricature" Big Bertha Tour Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3
Hybrid: Big Bertha Heavenwood 3h
Irons And Wedges: Big Bertha X-12 3-Sw And
60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

it definately looks ugly > but so did the original Big Bertha.

personally, i think the clubs is trying to do everything. Badly. I would rather the know-how to create different shots via:ball position, changing follow-through, open face, close face etc
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Note: This thread is 5702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!