IGNORED

Thievery

bruce
Note: This thread is 5702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was playing behind the amnesia society a while back.I returned 6 assorted wedges to the clubhouse in one round,not to mention 5 headcovers and a pair of golf shoes????.

I have only ever left one club behind (which I went back for as soon as I realised at the next hole) but I always carry my clubs now so hopefully that will be my last

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I was playing behind the amnesia society a while back.I returned 6 assorted wedges to the clubhouse in one round,not to mention 5 headcovers and a pair of golf shoes????.

That is freakin' hilarious!

(+1 for "amnesia society"!) I've also found numerous headcovers, and clubs (never shoes though!) Most of the time, I either catch up to the group directly ahead and ask if the lost the items, or the owner retraces his/her steps and I give them back directly. But if not, they go back to the clubhouse. Based on the posts from people who've lost items, I'm astounded by the number of golfers who apparently don't return found items. Even if I didn't want to return the item (which I do), I'd be afraid the club would be cursed with bad karma. Then again, I'm the kind of guy who never pick up balls that don't belong to me. I've had enough of my own balls disappear while still in play to know how it feels to go from "Ah crap, bad shot" to "Damnit! Where's my ball? Stroke and freakin' distance!" (That reminds me: Dear Mr. Sticky Fingered Ball Thief: Just because you find a ball in the shared rough of our adjacent fairways while looking for your ball doesn't mean it's abandoned . . . yours wasn't, was it? I don't care how much you think a ball must be abandoned, this is not an Easter egg hunt. How would you feel if I picked up your ball and stuck it in my pocket while looking for my own ball? Just leave it. Seriously. It's a used ball. Go to Wal-Mart and buy a big ole box of 'em cheap. If you're too cheap to even do that, then just ask. I'll give you a ball out of my bag. I'm more concerned about my score than a used ball.)

Sorry about your lost club.

That is a bad feeling when you realize it....and even worse when you go to the pro shop and find that it wasn't turned in!!!!!!!!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Funny this topic was started, today we started down the first hole and the 8th green is near where my tee shot lands on #1 fairway. I happen to glance over to the 8th green and see a wedge laying there with nobody around. I walk over and see a group on the 9th tee and yell to them. They guy is like dumbfounded then realizes he had left his wedge. It was a nice RAC wedge.

If it had been a Mizuno wedge I may not have yelled,,,,LOL,,,Justy Kidding!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Sorry you lost your wedge. Glad you picked up a NEW one, though. Hope it works out.

Some things I know: 1) People will steal anything not bolted down to the planet; 2) If you want to keep what is yours, mind it more closely.

I can honestly say in over 30 years of playing golf, I have NEVER left a club behind for someone to pick up and keep for their own. Like you, I've found turned in many a wedge, a couple of putters, hats, headcovers, golf towels and the like. Never thought of keeping someone else's gear, either. And I'm sure those who went back for a lost piece of gear were quite happy to recover their item.

How's the new wedge working?!!!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New wedge is great,like the feel of it.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Last summer my dad left an Adams GT3 9 iron on a green at a course we played a couple hours from our town. He didn't realize it until a few days later, so we called the pro shop and asked if anyone had turned it in...of course they hadn't.

As despicable as I find the act, I can at least understand why someone would steal a wedge, driver, fairway wood, etc., but for the life of me I can not see any point in stealing an iron from the middle of a set. What, they prefer it to their current 9 iron? They have an extra spot in their bag so they fill it with a stronger lofted 9 iron to bridge the gap to their 8 iron?
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Anyone that steals someone else's club deserves to have their whole set of clubs stolen and I would feel no pity for them. The only scum worse than thieves is child molestors and murderer's.

I would never be able to keep a club that didn't belong to me. Not how I was raised.

Anyone that thinks it's your own fault or you deserve it if you leave a club there is an idiot.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

here's something terrible.

my boy left his vokey 56 & 60. with Project X 6.5's and at the time they had new grips that were proto-type sh** that weren't released yet. we're at golfsmith and a guy walks in with both of them. guess who he was.. the group behind us the day before. he's like yeah...these just don't fit me anymore... OF COURSE THEY DIDN'T FIT HIM. he was 55 yrs old and 5.4 saying they were his old clubs (that were brand new, same grip same shafts and worst of all... if you're 5.4 and have lanky arms...then why would you be swinging a club that has an extra 1" in the shaft? my boy's 6'2". so golfsmith lets him return it..and my boy has to rebuy them at $80 a wedge. terrible!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

That is pretty pathetic right there, you guys should have had the police get involved due to this jackazz trying to sell stolen equipment. It may have been hard to prove they were your buddies clubs without recipts but at least you would have shown the guy you knew he was stealing clubs, then you should have met him in the parking lot for a little street justice.

Last time I played a few weeks ago it was at a muni and I saw a club just off the green and I asked the two guys I was playing with if it was theirs and they both said no, then one asks, "well what kind of club is it", I tell him it was a cheapo and he replies, "nevermind, if it was a nice one I'd keep it". I was like WTF!!! So I responded, "the only person who is keeping this club, is the owner". Some people.....
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

That is pretty pathetic right there, you guys should have had the police get involved due to this jackazz trying to sell stolen equipment. It may have been hard to prove they were your buddies clubs without recipts but at least you would have shown the guy you knew he was stealing clubs, then you should have met him in the parking lot for a little street justice.

Wow. Just wow. I think I'm going to order some shaft address labels right now.

... its obvious what to do when you find one, give it to the marshel or leave it at the club house,every golfer knows this and if not its just common sense.

Apparently, common sense is in short supply these days...

Note: This thread is 5702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!