IGNORED

Valid Complaint or Whining? Westwood on Weekley...

EquipmentJunkie
Note: This thread is 5698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i dont remember the match or the hole, but he walked from his tee shot that was 128yds from the green all the way to the green inspected the green and walked all the way back when it wasn't even his turn to hit. i think it was the 2004 ryder cup. but they talked about it this year how bad some euros have been with slow play and other gamemanship issues. i know you are from ireland so you have a right to pissed but my opnion is hes an *******.

I'm pretty sure that was at Brookline in 1999. He was playing in the group ahead of Justin Leonard.

I'm from the U.S. and I've never seen anything but class from Harrington. The only European I can consistently see that's been an ******** is Poulter. I didn't mind Sergio's "yell" this year at the Ryder cup ... I was more bothered by his antics around those steps obstructing his normal stance. I thought Kim's response to that nonsense ("Whatever ... do what you have to do") was appropriate. I was glad Sergio took an unplayable lie there.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf needs someone to look to who can play pretty well and get the crowd going. With Tiger gone Boo gave more people than normal a reason to watch the Ryder Cup.

Besides if you liked Happy Gilmore then you liked what Boo was doing last weekend.
Driver:Ping Karsten-I
3-4 Wood:Ping Karsten-I
Hybrids:Alien Golf TI Matrix, Ginty Stan Thompson
5-P Irons:Alien Golf Tour Gold
Putter:Ping Karsten B60

With the exicitement that this Ryder Cup brought... Could you imagine it on a much larger scale... such as the Olympics... That would be pretty cool to see.

As far as I'm concerned, it would be a come-down. The Ryder Cup is way better than the Olympics.

I think Westwood (and any "fans" who were offended) need to put their pretty pink purses away. The Ryder Cup is a TEAM COMPETITION. There is SUPPOSED to be cheering for the "home" team.....happens in EVERY sport. The crowd did not make noise during his address or actual shot. I personally find the atmosphere of the RC refreshing....a welcomed departure from the stuffy, not allowed to show any emotion feeling that surrounds most other golf events. Americans cheering an American players' shot isnt even remotely "bad sportsmanship", its human nature. If it had been Westwood in Europe hitting a big shot, the response would have been the exact same. IMO, he is being a nancy.

Half hearted.

i dont remember the match or the hole, but he walked from his tee shot that was 128yds from the green all the way to the green inspected the green and walked all the way back when it wasn't even his turn to hit. i think it was at the accenture match play in 05 or something. but they talked about it this year how bad some euros have been with slow play and other gamemanship issues. i know you are from ireland so you have a right to

No need for this tbh, grow up.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Just like we tell our citizens, this is America take it or leave it. Anyone who does not like America is welcome NOT to come back...someone please let Lee know that. No one forces him to play here.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

No need for this tbh, grow up.

public forum cant have public opinions?

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

Exactly. I guess these guys think Westwood should just be able to demean Americans and then come over here and take their money. BS. I hope he gets Monty treatment the rest of his career because he deserves it. If he wants American money, show some decency and stop acting like a whiney little baby. I can't imagine the treatment an American would get if they said the same things and then went to England, or even worse, Ireland. And lol @ somebody on their soap box because I said Westwood should get Monty treatment. Grow up and grow some.

In addition to the Weekley / American fans complaints, Westy seems to be very vocal this year with criticisms:
* 17th hole at The Open
* overall course at the PGA Championship
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I hope he gets Monty treatment the rest of his career because he deserves it.

Encouraging schoolyard style bullying, and then saying grow up!

Has anyone noticed the players involved seem far less bothered than anyone else? At the end of the day Westwood congratulated the American team, so he's not really a sore loser. Maybe it was just a bit of gamesmanship. If anyone who is upset by what he said thinks it is ok to now victimise him, then surely it would be equally ok for crowds in Europe to victimise Boo if they wanted to. Strangely noone over here has mentioned doing that. Think that says enough really.

Think that says enough really.

Yes it says plenty. First it shows your arrogance in implying that some how American crowds are uncivilized. Second it implies European crowds have never gotten out of hand, which we have evidenced that this is clearly not the case. Westwood whined the entire tournament, and criticized the American crowd making generalizing remarks, I didn't see Boo do that? One forced comment by Lee giving congrats' to the American team does not make up for that. My guess is even if Boo was heckled by the Euro-crowd is that he would not blame them for his poor play. The Europeans and Westwood need to leave their egos at home next time. Don't like America, you are welcome not to come or to leave.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Yes it says plenty. First it shows your arrogance in implying that some how American crowds are uncivilized. Second it implies European crowds have never gotten out of hand, which we have evidenced that this is clearly not the case.

What are you talking about? I wasn't talking about the crowds.

I was replying directly to sobecat, the fact he and a few other individuals think it is ok to now heckle Westwood is very childish. I never mentioned anything about the crowds in general because galleries aren't that much different wherever in the world you are. Someone phoned Westwoods parents hotel room at 4:30am during the event, thinking it was him. I think this is pretty disgusting, but I don't think it was the whole gallery that phoned him!

What I really don't understand about Lee's comments are this - if America is tagged as being a brutish, arrogant, loud, environment - you'd think he would have thicker skin coming into the States to compete in a RYDER CUP.

I know a lot of Americans (including myself) don't necessarily think we're like that, but as we all know - its all relative and never objective. Couldn't he have prepped himself for the kind of atmosphere that may present itself when he tee's up the dimpled white sphere?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I thinak that it was in the sigles match of jb holmas, that the european player (can't remember the name) missed the green and the crowd went crazy because of that. That's something that you should be kicked out of a golf course for. Especialy in the ryder cup.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

If you listen to the actual audio of Westwood you might find that his comments are not as harsh as they are when put into print.

He is talking in a joking tone and making light of things.

I think this is just an example of the press creating a controversy.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

Your more than welcome to have public opinions, you just make yourself look childish

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Exactly. I guess these guys think Westwood should just be able to demean Americans and then come over here and take their money. BS. I hope he gets Monty treatment the rest of his career because he deserves it. If he wants American money, show some decency and stop acting like a whiney little baby. I can't imagine the treatment an American would get if they said the same things and then went to England, or even worse, Ireland. And lol @ somebody on their soap box because I said Westwood should get Monty treatment. Grow up and grow some.

Grow up and grow some?, your sad mate, stop being so sensitive over one person having a justified go at a *minority* of the crowd, Westwood has himself said the majority of the crowd were impeccable, Suppose its not Westwood's fault if he comes across someone as insecure as you

I think Lee's got his panties in a bunch for no reason. It's not like the events held in Europe haven't had their share of fervent fans, and the "Boo crowd" always quieted down when it was actually Lee's turn to putt.

Nonsense , Fervent crowds have nothing to do with his point which is that it is inappropriate for a player to be inciting the crowd particulally when the hole is not yet over and he is 100% correct in this . Please feel free to present an example of a european player acting in the same way during any previous RC and I recant .

Note: This thread is 5698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!