IGNORED

What Club Do You Find The Most Rewarding?

phxgolfer
Note: This thread is 5667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Easy, my putter. Even though I enjoy hitting 300 yrd drives down the fw, or making and impossible shot from an impossible lie, the thing I enjoy the most is hearing the ball hit the bottom of a cup. To me, there is no other sound has great has that in golf

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Most rewarding is the 64* full-3/4 swing shots that are absolute pin seekers.

Then again, any shot with any club that is a "pro" like shot is rewarding.

Clubs that feel rewarding are 1 thing, receiving compliments from shots throught your bag from different clubs with playing partners having that "wow!, nice shot!" comment are the most rewarding... regardless of the club.

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

• 4 weeks later...
Two things.

Hitting my 3 wood off the deck. It has a perfect trajectory for me when i hit it right. Starts off low, then rises. No other club does that for me.

Or (first time just happened a few days ago!):

The sound of a perfect chip, from off the green, hitting the pin and dropping in the cup, for a birdie or better :)

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

I hit a huge drive when i was playing with a usual playing partner and he just said,"WOW." He's very hard to even come close to pleasing, we play about the same so we're usually not impressed with each other, but mine was like 290 down the middle. He almost crapped himself right there.

The putter. Making a nice, rhythmic swing and hearing the ball drop in the cup. Best sound and feeling.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

It used to be my 5 iron, but then it broke. Now it's probably either my 7 or my 3 iron, although I usually only hit the 3 well on the range.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Definately my current 3 Wood. When I hit that baby crisp and clean it feels awesome.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

Think my answer to this question would change quite a lot depending on my last round. More often than not though, I would have to say that its my 7 iron. Although it does take a lot to beat when you catch a drive perfectly and it splits the fairway.

For me it has to be that pured 3-iron off the deck - starts low and soars up. Can't beat the satisfaction of a perfectly struck long iron especially when you know everything had to be right to make it happen.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know this is going to sound like B*** S*** but I played in at 40+ MPH wind yesterday. Didn't score at all well but, I was striking the ball very well . . . the best I have hit the ball in a long time. I realized that the feeling of a well struck shot, into a howling wind produced a shot that was not like any other. Of course they didn't go nearly as far as normal (in case you are wondering I hit a "perfect" 18* rescue pin-high from 160 yards - at least a three club difference. Had similar results with 3-metal, 3-iron, and even my PW. If you have a chance, try it.

WITB - about 15lbs. of clubs, a few balls, tees, and a windbreaker

~In true gravity,

G E S

My brother's MP-57 3-iron. The ball feels and sounds so soft when you hit one flush with it.

Either that or the Big Bertha 454 driver. I thought I had hit it's sweet spot dead center quite often until last month. I hit one so pure at the driving range that the ball felt twice as light as normal and it sounded like someone dropped a light bulb. It went straight and very long for me. I wish I never experienced it because I have been desperately trying to repeat without success

Titleist 909D Comp 10.5º
Titleist 906F2 15º
Titleist 585.H 19º
Titleist 710 AP1 4-PW
Callaway X-Forged 52º, 56º, 60ºTitleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Titleist Pro V1x

I'd have to say the driver is the most rewarding for me. I don't hit it that far, (about 240) but I hit 73% of my fairways. Statistically, I understand that is probably the best part of my game given my handicap. All my playing partners know that if I pick that tee up quick and walk off the box that I center cut the fairway. That is an awesome feeling especially on the first hole.

I have to second the putter. When the putter is working like it should, it has a ripple effect on the rest of my game. I'm sure most players would agree that if you're putting good, you're probably playing good too...

Very well said. Confidence in my flatstick sort of "unlocks" the rest of my game. Crisp iron play also helps. It feels great to set up and hit straight irons.....lately I've been losing them left...driving me insane.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

100% It would be the putter for me. Specifically when you roll about a 10 footer for birdie and you feel nothing, just a pure strike like something takes over and it just tracks dead center and hits the back and drops in. I second what everyone says that the putter for me makes or breaks a round, even if I am striking my irons and such poorly, a solid putter more than compensates.

What's in my bag?
Driver Rapture 9.0* Oban Devotion 75G.
5 wood 904F
Hybrid Rapture 21*
Irons MP-60'SWedges Vokey SM 58 oil can. 54* TOUR-W, Solus 51*Putter Squareback You have to go out, but you don't have to come back.

i find hitting tough shots in awful weather when opponents have given up the most satisfying - i relish the bad weather when it comes to competitive golf as i know my opponent probably doesnt - therefore it is going to be easier to win. Not that i am competitive in anyway.

Note: This thread is 5667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!