IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by brgolf

How many players on the PGA Tour average 300 yard + drives this year? How many people on this thread manage it?

22 were over 300 average, with the total average being 288.6.

i'm less interested in the 300 yard claims and more interested in all of the people here who say they hit it 220-250 straight down the middle every time and the people who say they're automatic from xxx yards in.

tour average is 60% for driver accuracy.

gir average is 63%

proximity to hole is 36'

some of these claims have guys miles better than pros in their short game and/or driving accuracy. i find a 300 yard drive easier to believe than a 100 yard shot to within 10 feet every time or 9 out of 10 times which i've seen claimed a lot, or the 220 straight every time that the people mad about 300 keep on using.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by tiger187126

22 were over 300 average, with the total average being 288.6.

i'm less interested in the 300 yard claims and more interested in all of the people here who say they hit it 220-250 straight down the middle every time and the people who say they're automatic from xxx yards in.

tour average is 60% for driver accuracy.

gir average is 63%

proximity to hole is 36'

some of these claims have guys miles better than pros in their short game and/or driving accuracy. i find a 300 yard drive easier to believe than a 100 yard shot to within 10 feet every time or 9 out of 10 times which i've seen claimed a lot, or the 220 straight every time that the people mad about 300 keep on using.

You counted? hahaha thats great and a nice little "goes to show" about the internet. I think some differences are that most people on here only count their better drives. Does topping a shot reflect my average? technically yes but thats not what people want to know. If my shot is knocked down by a tree does that reflect? The answer for most people is when they hit a shot in the fairway and they made clean contact they start putting that in their average. I think even that gets exaggerated though. If I hit 3 270 shots and 1 300 shot that averages out to 290 right?

I agree with you though. I get so tired of skeptics saying "no way you hit it that far" let them be and stop causing issues. I am happy when guys get called out for their dead on from 100 and in and I dont want to jump into that too much but I believe I may have claimed this somewhere but

A) dead on is relative to each person. from 100 yards I am probably 9/10 for hitting on the green which I am VERY happy with. 2 putt my way to par and move on.

B) If somebody wants to say specifically 9/10 to within 10 feet they are just exagerating.

If you are gonna say 220 down the middle is hard to believe than Idk what to tell you. Have you ever seen some older people golf? real accurate but shorter right down the middle 3 wood their way to a par 5 in regulation without missing a fairway. People say its harder to be accurate with your driver which is true but I think its just harder to be straighter going further.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

You counted? hahaha thats great and a nice little "goes to show" about the internet. I think some differences are that most people on here only count their better drives. Does topping a shot reflect my average? technically yes but thats not what people want to know. If my shot is knocked down by a tree does that reflect? The answer for most people is when they hit a shot in the fairway and they made clean contact they start putting that in their average. I think even that gets exaggerated though. If I hit 3 270 shots and 1 300 shot that averages out to 290 right?

I agree with you though. I get so tired of skeptics saying "no way you hit it that far" let them be and stop causing issues. I am happy when guys get called out for their dead on from 100 and in and I dont want to jump into that too much but I believe I may have claimed this somewhere but

A) dead on is relative to each person. from 100 yards I am probably 9/10 for hitting on the green which I am VERY happy with. 2 putt my way to par and move on.

B) If somebody wants to say specifically 9/10 to within 10 feet they are just exagerating.

If you are gonna say 220 down the middle is hard to believe than Idk what to tell you. Have you ever seen some older people golf? real accurate but shorter right down the middle 3 wood their way to a par 5 in regulation without missing a fairway. People say its harder to be accurate with your driver which is true but I think its just harder to be straighter going further.

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/xm.html?101

i just found the first one under 300 and looked at the rank.

yeah i don't care about 9/10 from 100 on the green, but the within 10' thing is just as bad the 300 yard drive because pros don't even meet some of the claims these non-scratch guys on here are making.

my grandpa is one of those 210 right down the pipe kind of guys, but i doubt he would say that he hits it 210 straight down the middle every time because at some point something is going to go wrong or he's going to get a bad bounce and be in the rough. it's also not so much the 210 guys that irk me as the 250 straight down the middle.

their responses look like this:

"yeah you might hit 300, OB. i'll take my 250 straight down the middle every time." (usually a 5-12 HC makes a comment like this, scratch golfers, as i've noticed, don't talk about what they do as much as guys with mid to low HCs.)

my longest drives are usually my straightest ones. if you're hitting it 300 straight with 20-30 yards of sideways movement on it that's pretty impressive, unless you're just blocking it sideways. you wouldn't be able to find your ball very often with that kind of length and sideways movement so where would they even get the 300 number to begin with?

i think it's part envy and part HC superiority complex that makes guys overreact to 300 claims.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

I can crush a golf ball, but I don't hit it where I want to about 70% of the time. All except my 3 hybrid which I can drill fairways with which is why it's my favorite

Originally Posted by tiger187126

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/xm.html?101

i just found the first one under 300 and looked at the rank.

yeah i don't care about 9/10 from 100 on the green, but the within 10' thing is just as bad the 300 yard drive because pros don't even meet some of the claims these non-scratch guys on here are making.

my grandpa is one of those 210 right down the pipe kind of guys, but i doubt he would say that he hits it 210 straight down the middle every time because at some point something is going to go wrong or he's going to get a bad bounce and be in the rough. it's also not so much the 210 guys that irk me as the 250 straight down the middle.

their responses look like this:

"yeah you might hit 300, OB. i'll take my 250 straight down the middle every time." (usually a 5-12 HC makes a comment like this, scratch golfers, as i've noticed, don't talk about what they do as much as guys with mid to low HCs.)

my longest drives are usually my straightest ones. if you're hitting it 300 straight with 20-30 yards of sideways movement on it that's pretty impressive, unless you're just blocking it sideways. you wouldn't be able to find your ball very often with that kind of length and sideways movement so where would they even get the 300 number to begin with?

i think it's part envy and part HC superiority complex that makes guys overreact to 300 claims.

Ya Id agree. My best drives are the straighter ones. In the fiarway I expect to find it about 280 but If Im looking for a ball after leaving the face open Im looking around 240 and way right.

Im much more proud of my 1 over through 7 that I shot today than I am over most drives. Even a particularly long one. If I hit the green on the second shot is much more important. Scorecards doesnt say how far you hit each club, but what score it has on it.

Side note, today I played as a single and caught up to the group in front of me. This hole was playing about 370 and I remember last time I played there My ball just got over the bunker by about 2 yards and I was just past the 100 yard marker. Felt good about it. One guy in the group walks up to his ball at about the same distance but his buddy was a good 40 yards past where I was last time. Guy crushed it. Choked on a partial wedge shot and bogied the hole. Turns out his buddy was just hitting his 17* hybrid. Man did I feel like a little bitch. The long drivers launch angle was just so incredible. I asked if it was flukey or fairly common. He said he played in high school and its pretty usual. that was hole like 13 and He didnt hit another fairway the rest of the day. Crushed em every time but was always blocking it right.

44 years old, 5'9", 185

D - 240-290, depending on how straight I hit it.

3w - 220-250, see above

4 Hybrid - 220-225

3i - 220

4i - 205-210

5i - 185-190

6i - 175-180

7i - 165ish

8i - 155ish

9i - 145ish

PW - 125ish

52* - 105

56* - 95

60* - 80

:tmade: R11 9* Blur Stiff --- R11 14* 3w Blur Stiff --- Rescue 11 21* Aldila RIP Stiff :tmade: Tour Preferred CB 3i-6i --- MC 7i --- MB 8i-PW - Project X Flighted 6.0, custom lie and lofts :vokey: Oil Can 52.08 --- Oil Can 56.11 --- Oil Can 60.07 :cameron: 1996 Catalina - Custom specs made @ :titleist:

Hit today for the first time in a few weeks.  Not sure why, but I think I got even longer than before.  PW 145, flew 5W off the tee 260 into a creek, 4-iron 218 yards to a (conservative estimate) 30 foot elevated green with no wind.  Only those three measured.  Maybe it's the heat, or the gym work, or the swing work.  Ball takes off like a low bullet, climbs and then climbs again.  It's almost like I gained an extra stage of flight at the apex.  Feel is really buttery.  Impact sounds like a futuristic ray-gun.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

35 years old -  5'6" 155lb

Driver -240

4 wood -215

3 Hybrid -190

4 Hybrid -180

5 iron -170

6 iron -160

7 iron -150

8 iron -140

9 iron -130

PW -120

52* - 100

56* - 80

60* - 60

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

This is a repost for me which I'm sure many people do? <------ rhetorical question.

I'm more in tune with my clubs and feel like I can post my distance's with much more accuracy now.

These are the numbers I Hope for and get on an average well struck ball. That doesn't happen all the time though lol.

• DR- 9.5 degrees....... 280.... My driver average counting all miss hits is actually 240 lol.
  • 3W- 15 degrees........ 250
  • 3H- 18 degrees......... 230
  • 4 iron- 22 degrees.... 185-210 I sometimes load up on my 4 iron so not to use my hybrid/rescue.
  • 5 iron- 25 degrees.... 175
  • 6 iron- 28 degrees.... 165
  • 7 iron- 32 degrees.... 155
  • 8 iron- 36 degrees.... 145
  • 9 iron- 40 degrees.... 135
  • PW- 45 degrees....... 125
  • I fill this gap by reducing power off the 45° PW that came with the iron set.
  • SW- 56 degrees....... 5-90
  • LW- 60 degrees....... 5-70

Sincerely, Jim

im better from about 200 out than i am 110 and in. I generally go for it on par 5 cause my chipping is much better than the sh*t i do from 110. im not sure what my problem is im just terrible, not saying i miss the green everytime but 1/10 is a good shot.

22 were over 300 average, with the total average being 288.6. i'm less interested in the 300 yard claims and more interested in all of the people here who say they hit it 220-250 straight down the middle every time and the people who say they're automatic from xxx yards in. tour average is 60% for driver accuracy. gir average is 63% proximity to hole is 36' some of these claims have guys miles better than pros in their short game and/or driving accuracy. i find a 300 yard drive easier to believe than a 100 yard shot to within 10 feet every time or 9 out of 10 times which i've seen claimed a lot, or the 220 straight every time that the people mad about 300 keep on using.

True.. But the average swing your players is 110 and they carry 290-300 according to golf digest.

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

Hit today for the first time in a few weeks.  Not sure why, but I think I got even longer than before.  PW 145, flew 5W off the tee 260 into a creek, 4-iron 218 yards to a (conservative estimate) 30 foot elevated green with no wind.  Only those three measured.  Maybe it's the heat, or the gym work, or the swing work.  Ball takes off like a low bullet, climbs and then climbs again.  It's almost like I gained an extra stage of flight at the apex.  Feel is really buttery.  Impact sounds like a futuristic ray-gun.

Range today for the first time in a few months.  PW - 158, 7-iron 197, driver flew the trees somewhere past 285.  Touch of tailwind. It's weird how your perspective on distance changes when you start hitting a long way.  Golf courses start seeming shorter and smaller and you're taking a lot of irons off the tee to stay short of trouble. Had a decent practice session and really felt PA#1 unloading powerfully.  Legs felt a little wobbly and I've lost some serious endurance.  I had to leave half my bucket.  Of course I was in a footrace yesterday and I'm definitely not in sprinting shape.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by The Recreational Golfer

I found a golf magazine a few years ago that had a headline on the cover that read, "217 ways to add fifteen yards to your drive." I bought the magazine, and learned all 217 ways.

The next time out I teed off on #1 and drive the front nine.

Damn, you must have had a long second to get back to the first green

Originally Posted by kw purp

Damn, you must have had a long second to get back to the first green

not if the 9th hole came back to the club house. Maybe a pitch over some tee boxes.

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

This is a repost for me which I'm sure many people do?

I'm more in tune with my clubs and feel like I can post my distance's with much more accuracy now.

These are the numbers I Hope for and get on an average well struck ball. That doesn't happen all the time though lol.

DR- 9.5 degrees....... 280.... My driver average counting all miss hits is actually 240 lol.

3W- 15 degrees........ 250

3H- 18 degrees......... 230

4 iron- 22 degrees.... 185-210 I sometimes load up on my 4 iron so not to use my hybrid/rescue.

5 iron- 25 degrees.... 175

6 iron- 28 degrees.... 165

7 iron- 32 degrees.... 155

8 iron- 36 degrees.... 145

9 iron- 40 degrees.... 135

PW- 45 degrees....... 125

I fill this gap by reducing power off the 45° PW that came with the iron set.

SW- 56 degrees....... 5-90

LW- 60 degrees....... 5-70

I call bullsh**.  There's no way you can hit your clubs this far, and I dare you to prove it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!