IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note:Β This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

If I want it straight I will go 160 with my 7 iron. I wont push any further than that. You can base the other clubs from there. My driver? I take testosterone for medicinal reasons. I consistently blast em 300 plus whatever roll I get. Too bad I am not allowed to compete cause of the juice. My buddies really hate it and wont let me bet with them. lol

I had a friend on steroids for medical reasons, and he could do sets of one finger pullups. He had to be careful of his tendons when exerting himself.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Since I posted the distances I use to hit my clubs , its changed a lot , im hitting my 6 iron a 190 yards now , and the real kicker is that I tried out Callaway X muscles backs last night and I was hitting the six iron 210 -Β 220 yards with them ,Β  I averaged 185 with pitching wedge , and 3 iron was 245Β  - 260 every shot ,Β Β  I definitely now what Im buying real soon , screw cavity backsΒ  , :D

Lol u funny

I had a friend on steroids for medical reasons, and he could do sets of one finger pullups. He had to be careful of his tendons when exerting himself.

You must be careful with them for sure! My workouts at 50 yrs old are simple. Total Gym and Airdyne. Oh yeah. Lots of stretching...very important!!! I take 250 Mg of testosterone cypionate IM every two weeks. And the sports debate??...Yes the steroids make a HUGE difference!!! You can never ethically compete again once you start. I perform everyday tasks of strength that still surprise me after 8 years of therapy!! I watch guys at work that are much younger gang up on a heavy box and ask me for an extra set of hands. I simply pick it up myself with little effort. Very helpful to me. I get my shot this evening. Tuesday I will go to the range. :)

Where can I get some of those!?

Get what? Steroids?? Lol. You must see your physician and be tested. Will get scrip if you are low. I was not feeling well and got tested. Level should have been 400 to 600. It was 17! LOL!!! Just keep in mind that you are not allowed to compete. No trophies. Your name not up on the clubhouse board. And NEVER think about keeping it a secret ( not that you would ). People will find out based on your game at the least. Very dramatic results!! Personally satisfying tho. I love it.

Is it illegal even at junior events and club events? Plus I don't go near needles in my arm so I try and stay away from the doctor as much as possible. When I was an infant I was given some type of steroids and went from a small dead looking baby to the fattest, heaviest child you would have ever seen

Lol u funny

I don't know anything about a muscleback. I had some WS cavities once and found them very forgiving but they did not have much feel. Went back to Hogan Apex. Overall still my favorite club.

Lol u funny

Sometimes you gotta switch to muscle backs when they add 30 yards to each club, yanno?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

W[quote name="bplewis24" url="/t/18426/average-distances-how-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1110#post_897609"] Sometimes you gotta switch to muscle backs when they add 30 yards to each club, yanno? [/quote] were you hitting into a simulator? I've hit 6 iron blades 160 on those when I was yet to drive a ball 200. Yanno?

W

were you hitting into a simulator? I've hit 6 iron blades 160 on those when I was yet to drive a ball 200. Yanno?

Wasn't me.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Driver: 285

15* Hybrid: 235

3I: 210

4I: 195

5I: 180

6I: 170

7I: 160

8I: 150

9I: 135

PW: 120

SW: 105

60*: 90

64*: Not sure, only for firm greenside bunkers. Its kind of a weird club, but its money.

I can get more distance with my Callaway Steelhead X-16s, but I just can bring myself to take myΒ Ping Eye 2s out of the bag!

In the bag:

Driver- Callaway Razr X Black 9.5* Stiff flex

Hybrid- Forgan 15*

Irons- Ping Eye 2,Β 3-PW, Eye 2 Plus SW

Lob- Paragon 60*

Greenside bunker specialty- Wilson Harmonized 64*

Putter- Ping Zing 2

Ball- Pro V1x (good day), or NXT Tour (bad day, flies a little straighter)

I have been playing like thisΒ most of theΒ season,

3w-180-250Β  hybrid-155-175Β  7i-110-150Β Β  Aw-75-100.Β  It works for me, keeps the game simple, lightens the bag, and I am playing good golf by my standards.

I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating here: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/82391/] [/URL]

This boggles My mind. When I watch golf I'm always in awe of their clib choices for certain distances. It's very rare you see a pro use a 8 iron for a 160 yard shot. The long irons seems correct, but I think the pros 8 and 9 are much longer

This boggles My mind. When I watch golf I'm always in awe of their clib choices for certain distances. It's very rare you see a pro use a 8 iron for a 160 yard shot. The long irons seems correct, but I think the pros 8 and 9 are much longer

yes the shorter clubs are defiantly not right

• Administrator

Yeah, because Trackman got it wrong.

They're correct.

P.S. I'm assuming you meant to type "definitely."

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

That's the first time I've ever heard of clubs being blamed to the point where they're accused of defiance.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

Guys, pros aren't trying to smash the hell out of their 8 iron like you are. Their short clubs are for scoring, they know how to hit them. Is 160 Tiger's max 8 iron distance? No.

C'mon, common sense...

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I feel like maybe pros switch it up, sometime they will smash an 8 iron or hit a 6. Obviously those numbers are correct, but so are the shots I see every week. I'd like to see the shot selections for the par 3s this week at the BMW

Note:Β This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!