IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is what I "plan" on hitting my clubs when I pull them out of the bag....does not always work out that way....

Driver-260-270

3W-235-245

3H-210

4H-180-190

5i-170

6i-160

7i-150

8i-140

9i-130-135

PW-115

52*-100

56*-80

Roy

What is your average distance through the summer months?

Haha, these are my average summer distances! Like I say, I'm not a big hitter or deluded, and I opted for the stiff in my driver to keep me straight! I can and do hit a bit further, but these would be my averages! I'm a 19 hc

Gaz Lee

Played yesterday and the course was soaked. I was 2' in front of the 150 marker and my ball plugged in the center of the green. I think my driver is an angle of attack and equipment issue, but I was pointing more to the infrequency with which I see people hit it 280 compared to how many people "say" they hit it 280.

^Agreed! Im getting a gps with measure facility at chrimbo so I'm gonna start logging my distances accurately, my biggest recorded drive was a 260! (Summer, firm fairways, straight as arrow) but I usually hit between 220/230, I reckon I could get an easy 25 yrd by switching to a reg in driver, but I'm happy as I am!

Gaz Lee

^Agreed! Im getting a gps with measure facility at chrimbo so I'm gonna start logging my distances accurately, my biggest recorded drive was a 260! (Summer, firm fairways, straight as arrow) but I usually hit between 220/230, I reckon I could get an easy 25 yrd by switching to a reg in driver, but I'm happy as I am!

There's no reason to hit further. My partner and I played with two younger, teen or college age, golfers on Saturday. All they seemed to be interested in was swinging fast. When they occasionally made contact with the ball, it would fly fast and scoop around slicing way out of bounds. Eventually, they said they were on a schedule, and we parted ways as they drove off in their golf cart and we walked. A party that was following us queried if the people in front of us are beginners? We had up to 12 people waiting on a long par 3. They sliced everything, and I ended up hitting into them a few times. It was difficult to see where they were going with their random cart driving patterns. So, these kids probably could have hit their drives 300 yards or more, but they couldn't hit the face well enough to get a straight shot. Very athletic, but misdirected. They finally skipped ahead two holes at the 8th hole. So, straight is better than far and wide anyway.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PW: 130-135

9-iron: 140+

8-iron: 150+

7-iron: 160+

6-iron: 175-ish

5-iron: Usually a low 180, but if I get ahold of it, I can reach 190.

Hybrid: 210-average

3-wood: Around 240-250

Driver: 300 fly average

EDIT: I can hit the 56 wedge over 120 yards, but it's not accurate and would never do it in serious play. A smooth swing usually carries it 75-80 yards. My 52 degree (GW) takes the ball around 100-110 yards.

PW: 130-135 9-iron: 140+ 8-iron: 150+ 7-iron: 160+ 6-iron: 175-ish 5-iron: Usually a low 180, but if I get ahold of it, I can reach 190. Hybrid: 210-average 3-wood: Around 240-250 Driver: 300 fly average  EDIT: I can hit the 56 wedge over 120 yards, but it's not accurate and would never do it in serious play. A smooth swing usually carries it 75-80 yards. My 52 degree (GW) takes the ball around 100-110 yards.

Big gap from 3W to Driver. How well are you hitting driver these days?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

These are his words from his "month to shoot 70's" thread, there is lots more but I think you get the general idea.

~~I am a driving machine. The starting of this week I couldn't even get the ball past 50 yards. Now it seems like I can't hit a bad drive. I am freaking bombing my driver like no other, smashing the sweet spot practically every time. Hard work always pays off, no matter what. I can't think of a time where hard work won't pay off. You get what you put out, and I put a lot of work into my driver to get what I have what I do right now. I mean, in all honesty, I can hit the driver over 300 yards consistently. You may think I'm lying, but I'm being 100 percent truthful. I just smash the hell of out my Callaway Razr fit Xtreme. That is a freaking stud, but like I said earlier, hard work pays off.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Driver..300 yds. consistently...In my mind, I would think that a 3 wood would get out there in the 270-280 range. maybe I'm missing something..?

Driver..300 yds. consistently...In my mind, I would think that a 3 wood would get out there in the 270-280 range. maybe I'm missing something..?

Not sure, and he says 300 "fly" so I assume that means 300 yards carry right?

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Yes

If I hit it solid, it will roll to even the 290. I'm yet to consistently hit my 3-wood perfect every time, but I'm getting there. On a fly though, it's usually 250. If I smash it, I can put it over 280 carry.

These are his words from his "month to shoot 70's" thread, there is lots more but I think you get the general idea.

~~I am a driving machine. The starting of this week I couldn't even get the ball past 50 yards. Now it seems like I can't hit a bad drive. I am freaking bombing my driver like no other, smashing the sweet spot practically every time. Hard work always pays off, no matter what. I can't think of a time where hard work won't pay off. You get what you put out, and I put a lot of work into my driver to get what I have what I do right now. I mean, in all honesty, I can hit the driver over 300 yards consistently. You may think I'm lying, but I'm being 100 percent truthful. I just smash the hell of out my Callaway Razr fit Xtreme. That is a freaking stud, but like I said earlier, hard work pays off.

^

See above. Better than I ever have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopster

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer 4

If I hit it solid, it will roll to even the 290. I'm yet to consistently hit my 3-wood perfect every time, but I'm getting there. On a fly though, it's usually 250. If I smash it, I can put it over 280 carry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopster

^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

See above. Better than I ever have.

Impressive. 300 yards would be from a 125mph swing speed with perfect contact.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Man I didn't even know that, of course just reaching 100mph for me is a very good swing.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Sometimes it looks like you're hitting it 300 but in reality, you're only hitting it 270. I'm thinking you're more in the 260-270 range. Prove me wrong.

That's incorrect. You can hit the ball 300 with much less. I have a 115-116 driver Swingspeed and 300 is typical. It's all in the shaft, launch angle and spin rates.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!