IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The day you graduate high school your shoulders stop turning..?

Duh. That's just science.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by TJBam

Not exactly... but thanks for the sarcastic response. I have heard that it gets more difficult as time goes on. Maybe if you saw my shoulder turn you would understand...

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

Originally Posted by TJBam

lol

Well, your flexibility decreases as you age. I know mine has and I'm only 27.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by SamGray

Not exactly... but thanks for the sarcastic response. I have heard that it gets more difficult as time goes on. Maybe if you saw my shoulder turn you would understand...

I understand completely.  But with that massive shoulder turning and flexibility you should be pushing 300+ easily.  You're young.

What's holding you back?  Are you seeing an instructor?

Holy crap JDavidson...those are some numbers there...

My driver is closer to your 3 wood, and my 3 wood is closer to your hybrid. Haha.

If I could hit my 3 wood 311 yards, I'd probably never hit driver.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

The post above was from last July.  New year, new season. I'm about 10 yards shorter with the driver than last year but still in the fairway about 70% of the time.  Getting old, and getting old with arthritis, really sucks.  As I read once, growing old ain't for pussies.  I'm 57, act 37, and on a bad day golf like I'm 10 years older than I am.  Thank goodness for anti-inflammatories and prescription pain meds.

I was citing a 10 yard loss from 230-240 in the fairway over one season on the above post.  Well, I started treatment for low testosterone two months ago and for the first time since treatment began I played 18 yesterday, in the same conditions that I usually play in.  I put two out past 270 and three others past 255 off of the tee (these are total, not carry distances).  That may not seem like much to you long knockers but it was the best overall driving day that I've ever had.  I hit 12 of 14 fairways but was a little wild with my irons.  I had longer than expected distance with them as well but need to work on better control.  Doesn't matter how far I hit them if they don't hit the green.  Testosterone replacement therapy seems to really work for me.

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

I was citing a 10 yard loss from 230-240 in the fairway over one season on the above post.  Well, I started treatment for low testosterone two months ago and for the first time since treatment began I played 18 yesterday, in the same conditions that I usually play in.  I put two out past 270 and three others past 255 off of the tee (these are total, not carry distances).  That may not seem like much to you long knockers but it was the best overall driving day that I've ever had.  I hit 12 of 14 fairways but was a little wild with my irons.  I had longer than expected distance with them as well but need to work on better control.  Doesn't matter how far I hit them if they don't hit the green.  Testosterone replacement therapy seems to really work for me.

That's awesome man! 270 is nothing to sneeze at. You crush it about 40 yards further than my buddy Mike who's only 30 if that makes you feel better. Haha.

Ryan M

My clubs pretty much maxed out:

Driver

3 Wood 270
4 Wood 250
3 Iron 230
4 Iron 220
5 Iron 205
6 Iron 185
7 Iron 170
8 Iron 160
9 Iron 150
PW 135
50* 125
56* 115
60* 95

Tyler Martin

Thank you! Once I was correctly fitted for shafts on both the driver and 3 wood my accuracy is great. My problems comes with the gw,sw, and lw. Probably from spending so much time working on the longer clubs and putting. Either way it's a game you constantly work on.

I once hit my 60 degree lob wedge over 130 yards. Who can top that?

Unfortunately for me, I was only 70 yards from the pin.

Ryan M

Got to say my partner was dialed in to distance yesterday.  Looking at a 181 yd par 3.  I pull a 6 iron and stick it left side of green pin high. Two putt for par.  He pulls 8 iron and lands back of green and rolls over.  I say wow that's a long 8.  He says let me try my pitch.

He hits hit pitch lands in the back of the green and sticks it very far back.  Still too far.  I say well next time on the 181 par 3's make sure you pull a gap.  One of those days for him lol.

Got to say my partner was dialed in to distance yesterday.  Looking at a 181 yd par 3.  I pull a 6 iron and stick it left side of green pin high. Two putt for par.  He pulls 8 iron and lands back of green and rolls over.  I say wow that's a long 8.  He says let me try my pitch.

He hits hit pitch lands in the back of the green and sticks it very far back.  Still too far.  I say well next time on the 181 par 3's make sure you pull a gap.  One of those days for him lol.

Is his pitching wedge 38* with a 38" shaft?

Tyler Martin

I understand completely.  But with that massive shoulder turning and flexibility you should be pushing 300+ easily.  You're young.

What's holding you back?  Are you seeing an instructor?

Im not seeing an instructor. I am also short so that hurts.

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

Note: This thread is 992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!