IGNORED

Who do you swing like?

gripitandripit
Note: This thread is 6569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What professional golfers swing does your swing most resemble? For me, its Jim Furyk. I've had around 20 different people tell me this. Anyone else?
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

Jim Furyk, everytime I am at a golf shop feeling out new clubs.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I've seen this type of question posted before, and noone ever came to mind. But, just last week, Fred Funk's Playing Lessons From the Pros was on, and I gotta tell you, we have pretty much the same game.

I'm most certainly not the longest hitter, but I'm known to keep the ball in play. Our theory on the swing is about the same. One huge similarity was, while watching him hit approach shots, it seems as though we have a similar thought process to setting up a shot and pretty much exactly the same yardages for our clubs.

The only difference between the two of us are our body types. He's kinda short and stalky. I'm half-way tall (5'10") and kinda thin'ish. Oh, he's also got 19 years on me.

After watching I was filled with hope and inspiration in my game. "If he can do it, why can't I?"

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
What professional golfers swing does your swing most resemble? For me, its Jim Furyk. I've had around 20 different people tell me this. Anyone else?

My swing resembles myself. I try not to make comparisons because, as soon as I do, I try to do things like that person. And, last time I checked, I was myself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My swing looks like Joe Cocker on stage singing "with a little help from my friends".At least that what the Mrs. Says!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

My swing most resembles Zach Johnson. Our backswing ends short of parallel. I don't know of any other pro golfers that swing about 75% on all swings, but I'm sure there are some. I can't take the club back any farther, I've tried.

Charles Barkley.

LOL. Ouch. Barkley has more of a seizure than a swing.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I would like to say freddy because of my club position, or almost a opposite of freddy i guess. Only difference is I'm short, a little chubby and I a little less wrist action. I bring the club back like tiger though, I tried shortening it but im more consistent with a long backswing. Honestly, this sounds like bull, I swing like myself.

Like a monkey with Turrets Sydrome. I know that is not a professional but it is the easiest way to describe my swing.

I got engaged on November 19, 2005 to a lady who had bought me a Taylormade R580XD, Adams Irons a Calloway "MLB" bag, a Calloway Golf jacket (different holidays / birthdays / etc) and tells me I should "go play with the guys."

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R580 XD
3 & 4 Adams I-Wood 5-P: Adams A1Sa...

when I had my video analysis done the teaching pro used Ernie's swing opposite to mine and kept pointing out how similar they are. IMHO - he was just trying to get a good tip
My guess would be John Daly with 1/2 of his take-away. Big belly forces both of us to swing the same way

The older I get, my swing looks more and more like Arnold Palmer. And not in a good way...

"My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch." ~Lee Trevino

Currently playing Maltby C.E.R. 701u

Build your own...Total cost of my complete set of golf clubs: 500 bucks.Beating a guy who sports a $2000 bag of : priceless.

follow through looks alot like (dont castrate me) tiger. And ive worked really hard at it to. With the club and my hands finishing high in the air. as far as the whole swing I dont really know

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

My swing resembles myself. I try not to make comparisons because, as soon as I do, I try to do things like that person. And, last time I checked, I was myself.

Are you sure about that? You may not be yourself.

My swing resembles a combination Jim Thorpe and Charles Barkley during an epileptic siezure.

Haha, Charles Barkley always looks like he's having an epileptic seizure when he swings.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

The other day in Golf Galaxy I did a free 10 minute swing analysis and after seeing myself on video I was shocked. I knew my swing wasn't perfect but I was surprised at how bad some of the basics were - Bad posture, knees way to bent, and quite a chicken wing on the follow through. So I will amend my previous comparison to Sir Charles and put me in the Rush Limbaugh / Donald Trump category (you may have seen them at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am).

So based on that I signed up for lessons right there on the spot, using the money I brought with me for a new driver.

Note: This thread is 6569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!