IGNORED

Set makeup and why...

Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You would

As I said, I assume it to be right, my mistake... no harm done. Maybe you might want to try not getting so defensive about it

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Administrator
Here's a link, Buddy.

Calm down, "buddy." The USGA does not say in ANY of their rules on handicapping that there's a limit at +3.5. They simply stop their charts at +3.5, probably because the likelihood of needing numbers better than +3.5 are awfully close to 0%.

Incidentally, part of our club's software (on the GHIN) runs analysis on scenarios, and one of the roughly 50 golfers in the scenario is a +6.7 index (it fluctuates slightly - he "shoots" 63 to 68). These scenarios exist to test the allocation of handicap strokes in matches between two players. They're not really "intelligent" - they base their "fake scoring" on the composite scores of a small range of golfers. To get some of the really good players, the computer takes a better-ball score of two or three really good golfers. This is off-topic, anyway, so let's get back to the topic rather than trying to pick nits.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really, because there is a sophomore in high school at my club who is a +3.4, and a sophomore in college who is a +4.0, but both are expected to go pro.

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Calm down, "buddy." The USGA does not say in ANY of their rules on handicapping that there's a limit at +3.5. They simply stop their charts at +3.5, probably because the likelihood of needing numbers better than +3.5 are awfully close to 0%.

Hey, I only used the word "buddy" to quote what was thrown at me (see the entire thread).

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Problem:

Big gap between 5 wood (aprox 225 yds) and 3i (aprox 195-200 yds)

Big gap between PW (aprox 115 yds) and 54º SW (aprox 90 yds)

So, I would need to add a hybrid 21º and a GW 50-52º without giving up any of the existing ones in the bag.

Any ideas?

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

Problem:

Take out the 3 iron and put in a slightly more lofted hybrid, say 22 - 23 degrees, which should bridge the gap between your 5 wood and 4 iron, leaving space in the back for the extra gap wedge

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Driver-905T 9.5* with an Accra SC 75 M4 shaft. My first driver was 11* and I would hit high fly balls. Still get good height but nothing like the 11*. I was fitted for this shaft and absolutely love it.

3W/5W-Both old Cobra F Speed. Great off the tee and trusty.

Irons-Mizuno MP32s with Project X shafts. Love the irons, got them dirt cheap and got fitted for these shafts. Had never even heard of them before the fitting.

Wedges-Vokey Wedges. Love them. First set of wedges that I purchased brand spanking new. Three wedges cost me more than my entire set of irons. Money well spent. The same goes for the Cleveland Wedge. Bob and Roger know what they are doing.

Putter-Odyssey Two Ball-Had work done to this. I've never used another putter during a round of golf. The weight on this is perfect; nice and heavy. I've tried other putters and am sure that they could be adjusted to my liking. However, for once, I don't have a desire to switch this particular piece of golf equipment.

I just purchased two, new Hybrids. Both Bridgestone and tried them out last week. I like them, so far. I'm not crazy about the shafts, though. Ball just does not launch high enough.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

OK... I found out that my club had a glitch in the computer... that didn't factor in the lowest possible handicap... (we had an older system)... point is... as u can see... I updated my handicap accordingly... and i do average 67 or so on average... mathematically i do have a +5.2 but The USGA minimum is +3.5...

Just as a side note... I do still put the 2-iron in the bag on windy days

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Superquad 9.5* with Proforce V2 77g shaft - I needed a stiff shaft and I liked the feel of a heavier shaft. I used to carry a 10.5, but I ballooned it.

Woods - I bought them from Dick's when I first started out golfing. I got a good deal. The shafts are pretty good, not great. I only use the 3 wood from the tee on tighter or shorter holes. I really can't hit it from the fairway. The 5 wood is sweet from the fairway, though.

Hybrid - I got the TEE Iron-wood for under $30 off eBay with shipping and new. I couldn't pass up the deal. It hasn't come yet, so I don't know how I'll hit it. I can't hit a 3 iron consistantly enough to carry one. Hybrids are easier.

Irons - I tried a bunch of "player's" cavity-back iron sets. I liked the i10s the most. I got a matching U wedge and didn't order the 3 iron. I needed the forgiveness of the cavity but wanted some control (trajectory, fade vs. draw, etc.).

Wedges - The wedges from the i10s are money on approach shots. I absolutely love them. I got the Snake Eyes heads (55 and 60 to be bent to 54 and 58) but haven't put them together yet. My current 56* is a little high in bounce, too short for me, and I have lost all confidence in it on approach shots.

Putter - I tried every putter than Golfsmith had in stock. I liked the XG7 the most. The PING was won at a scramble tournament. I didn't particularly want it but it's a good putter.

Balls - I primarily play what I find when caddying. ProVs, ix Tours, etc. They're all good, but I'm not a fan of some of them.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Problem:

Play the ball back in your stance with the 5-wood and hit a cut for yardages between 200-225...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Driver-D2, reg, too light for me, bought it when I was a bit wimpier, need stiff and 9.5
Wood- f2, reg, same thing too light, need stiff Love off deck, not so much on tees.
Hybrid- 585h, reg, this shaft is ok for me, just would like stiff for less spray on shots.Great off tee and deck
Irons- Soles are kinda big for me, I'm checking into blades, I also balloon these, and they spin like crazy, I suck back top flite distances.
Wedges- 52/08 I love this baby
60/12 No confidence, I'm on vacation in florida and over 50 yards, I'm not comfortable hitting a shot without catching it way fat, checking into lower bounce.
Putter- Kinda love it, the grooves on the face mute the feel, I looking into a really soft faced putter.
my 56 is the r7, don't really like it, will get whatever matches the new 60.
Distances-
Driver-265-farther if needed
3W-230-250
Hybrid-200-220 220 if i sting it
Irons 4-200 even
5-190-195
6-180-185
7-170-175
8-160-165
9-150-155
PW-145
52- 120
56-100
60-80
Putter- never tried, usually 1 ft short of hole.

i picked 9.5 because i like the ball flight cause if it ran out i would be more out of the fairways than now 5 wood cause it goes around 220 carry and wedges the 56 cause thats wat ive always trained with for short game and 68 for umm idk y i just wanted to be wierd and have a 14 club i never use it way to much loft lol

Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!