IGNORED

financial stuff, thinking about moving out, got questions

Voiceontapex
Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am fairly certain you know what tithing is for... so my queastion is simply this... Are you trying to start a religion debate or do you simply feel the need to point out that you see no reason to tithe while others might.

i love the idea of giving money or assistance to god and jesus if god happens to be some poor folks left out hungry in the cold, as this is this core message of jesus of being our brother's and sister's keeper but can't see why someone would infuse a religious sect's principle of receiving a percentage of one's earnings of monetary support towards its institution on a golf forum topic about some young person's asking for financial advice on his aspiring to get an apartment for himself? i was only asking for clarification of what this person meant by giving 10% of one's earning to god? i verily consider the 10% of my income that goes towards golf as giving to god cuz golf is god in my bible. and so i hope if voiceontapex takes this advice on tithing as it is truly sound financial advice, he consider the sacred roots of golf as a god truly worth all the love, support and money he gives.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

On the car subject, I've GOT to post this.

Pinseeker, that was awesome! Wow......Really makes you step back and rethink. I have been guilty of that by buying a new truck every two years. No wonder i'm not rich yet, lol!

Thanks for the post!
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Pinseeker, that was awesome! Wow......Really makes you step back and rethink. I have been guilty of that by buying a new truck every two years. No wonder i'm not rich yet, lol!

yah, but down in louisiana, doesn't having a shiny new truck make you a king?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

As much is it may pain me I have to agree with Ganja on this. As a militant atheist I would never give 10% of my income to a fairy-tale character. Having said that even if by some revelation, like a brain injury, I was to start believing in God I would not be giving it to organized religions which are mostly made of crooks. Moreover I would continue to do what I do now, donate and assist those in need that I choose too, not because some 2000 year old book tells me to but because it's the right thing to do. If your in financial trouble though your first priority is yourself and your family, I doubt God would disagree with that if he were real.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

As much is it may pain me I have to agree with Ganja on this.

just curious, but what in the hell is a militant atheist... are you pissed when others choose to believe in something greater than themselves or some divine creator or otherwise? I personally think each person's religiousness or lack thereof is something of a personal matter and I would never attack someone because they believed in one thing or another...

i love the idea of giving money or assistance to god and jesus if god happens to be some poor folks left out hungry in the cold, as this is this core message of jesus of being our brother's and sister's keeper but can't see why someone would infuse a religious sect's principle of receiving a percentage of one's earnings of monetary support towards its institution on a golf forum topic about some young person's asking for financial advice on his aspiring to get an apartment for himself? i was only asking for clarification of what this person meant by giving 10% of one's earning to god? i verily consider the 10% of my income that goes towards golf as giving to god cuz golf is god in my bible. and so i hope if voiceontapex takes this advice on tithing as it is truly sound financial advice, he consider the sacred roots of golf as a god truly worth all the love, support and money he gives.

good point... tithing (or not) is not really something I would advise anyone about as that is a very personal choice, and probably not someting that needs to be discussed in regards to "how much apartment" one can afford.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

just curious, but what in the hell is a militant atheist... are you pissed when others choose to believe in something greater than themselves or some divine creator or otherwise? I personally think each person's religiousness or lack thereof is something of a personal matter and I would never attack someone because they believed in one thing or another...

No it's more of tongue n cheek sarcasm that doesn't seem to translate well on the net. The best part about being an theist is not being tied down my beliefs and not caring what other believe as long as the don't impede on your rights. Myself, I just don't believe or trust anything until I have irrefutable proof, one of the reasons I chose my profession and the reason I'm such a great investigator. As far as getting pissed, yeah I do, when religion tries to infect my government, i.e. California prop 8.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

• Administrator
No it's more of tongue n cheek sarcasm that doesn't seem to translate well on the net.

And it's off-topic for this thread. Stick to financials, not religious beliefs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's sort of bs, as most mutual funds dont make 12 percent, and that's also assuming that the used car keeps its value, which it wont.

That's sort of bs, as most mutual funds dont make 12 percent, and that's also assuming that the used car keeps its value, which it wont.

The stock market, and therefore mutual funds, have averaged 12% since it's inception. You can get many funds that have averaged 14% or more for over 20 years. Some funds don't get 12%....don't buy those funds

And chances are that the used car, which has already taken most of it's depreciation hit, would sell for about the same thing in 10 months as it does now. My 2000 S-10 has had almost the same Bluebook value for a couple years now.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

heres my 2 cents.. take em or leave em.. im just trying to help you from my own experience...

i moved out when i was 18. got an internship.. made what i thought was "big bucks"...

got an apartment.. bought a jeep... threw 14k worth of parts on the jeep.. broke it every weekend on the trails... threw more money at it.. lived off cereal and hamburger helper.. got married at 20. bought my first house at 23.. sold the jeep for 7k bucks even though i had over 25k in it by the time of sale (the body looked like a crushed coke can and the 1 ton axles were broken.. so i actually came out on top ).. bought a reliable truck and my wife a new car, now a baby is on the way...

my advice is to sell your car and get one with a smaller payment and focus on paying it off before you move out of your parents house... then buy you a starter house rather than rent.

i'm only 24 now... and looking back, wish i had never bought and built that jeep or rented that apartment.. at least you can sell the house and get your money back plus some left over... id have alot more money in my pocket now and i wouldnt had to endure all the financial hardships i went through. living paycheck to paycheck is never fun.. so why do it if you aint got to?

debt sucks. i was young and had to learn the hard way... dont do what i did..

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

well i dont really plan on droppin 14k on a jeep, dont plan on getting married anytime soon, and I wouldnt buy my wife a car, lol im sure alot of you have said this but, if she wants it, she can buy it lol I already told my gf that shes not gonna be some stay at home wife, lol shes in college now, whats the point of going to college if youre gonna stay at home and do nothing?

so im probably just gonna finish off paying my car, then keep it not go get another, im sure by then ill be making more money, well see how things go

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Note: This thread is 5600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!