IGNORED

Phil's Two Drivers

iacas
Note: This thread is 6566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Phil apparently took the 56 degree wedge out of the bag and has two drivers in this week (in addition to his 3- and 4-woods): one that goes 290 with a fade and another that goes 305 with a draw. Says he's considering doing this at Augusta.

I guess that begs the weekly question: what will Phil do next? Ugh...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He also says he puts the same swing on both clubs to get those results.

Is there a bigger gearhead on tour than FIGJAM?

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

He paid for not having the 56-degree on the 18th hole. Two balls in the water. He's still leading by, what, 7-8 strokes?

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Evidently it is working he is hitting 75 percent of his fairways!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Evidently it is working he is hitting 75 percent of his fairways!!!

Considering his season average is 57% of fairways, I agree with Flap and say that's great gains!

What's more amazing is that he's hit 90% of his green in regulation. Before the 17th he had hit 49 of 52 greens!

It is strange but the results don't lie. You do hit driver 14 or so times in a round so why not have two? I could easily take out my hybrid or perhaps a 5 iron and have two drivers... But my G2 is so damn good I can hit it just about wherever I want anyway so maybe not...

Well I guess results speak for themselves. He hit a ridiculous amount of fairways and greens this week and took the tournament by storm. Its a rather novel idea isn't it? Oh, Figjam...

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Dont know for sure but would figure one is draw biased and his regular is nuetral?I have the pro nuetral and can still turn it over but it does hook quite easily if you try to step on it.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
I think phil's best move was changing putters.

Phil will still tank this week in Augusta.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Phil will still tank this week in Augusta.

I have to agree. No doubt what he did was incredibly impressive. Just wait until he misses a couple fairways and starts to press. Then he will begin to wonder which driver is best that day on that hole. What if he hits one well and struggles with the other? All of a sudden he has to start re-thinking his plan.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

First off, Phil definitely won't need his 56 degree wedge much if he keeps hitting 90% greens in regulation.

Second off, Phil will still finish in the top 10 at Augusta, if not top 5. Lefty always play well at The Masters, and I don't really see any reason to believe otherwise this season. He is starting to play well, and he will definitely be a favorite along with Tiger this week. It wouldn't surprise me any if Phil beats Tiger when all is said and done.

• Administrator
First off, Phil definitely won't need his 56 degree wedge much if he keeps hitting 90% greens in regulation.

Phil only started playing well at Augusta when Tiger joined the PGA Tour, IIRC.

Phil only started playing well at Augusta when Tiger joined the PGA Tour, IIRC.

There was a PGA Tour before Tiger? Phil will probably be in the mix. He may even win. Unless of course he is in the final pairing with Tiger on Sunday. Then he will melt like softserve ice cream in the desert sun.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Phil's stats through round 1:

Greens Hit 13 of 18 72.22%
Fairways Hit 8 of 14 57.14%
Number of Putts 29
Driving Distance 300.00 Yards

He seems to have fallen back to his normal driving accuracy of 57% even with the two drivers.

I think he'll finish in the top 10 easily. He's done it fo the past 7 years...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator

Look

at this crap :
So, if a guy using two drivers wins the Masters on Sunday, there will be fools showing up at every golf course in the country Monday with twice as much lumber as they need.

Seriously, how stupid does he think the average golfer is? I highly, highly doubt anyone on this forum would ever see someone with two drivers in his bag unless he was testing two out to see which ONE he wanted to use (I have three in my bag right now - 905T, HiBore, r7 425 TP).

People know they can't swing as consistently as Phil, so two drivers (and the extra $400) would be pointless. That's dumb.

Yeah, that article was ridiculous. The tone of the article made it seem like the apocalypse was near. Anyways, I've got 2 drivers in my bag right now as well, trying to figure out which is best.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Note: This thread is 6566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!