IGNORED

On a flush hit, which feels best to you?

Dub
Note: This thread is 5548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which of your clubs feels the best when you hit it flush?

• Driver
    • Woods
    • Hybrids
    • Irons
    • Wedges
    • Putter

A flush hit with an iron is my favorite. Especially with my 3 and 6 irons.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Something about those long irons.....well struck shots with them are hugely gratifying. For me...it could be the rarity of those shots that makes them sweet.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Well... seems obvious in the voting that a good iron is the one. Nothing like it imho!

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

Iron absolutely. The feedback from an iron is so pronounced... hit it sweet and there's only one other thing I can think of that compares... but this isn't the forum for such prurient discussions.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Iron absolutely. The feedback from an iron is so pronounced... hit it sweet and there's only one other thing I can think of that compares... but this isn't the forum for such prurient discussions.

Yup....I agree. I love your sig. line. It's good to see slow play get some more attention. That is one thing that seems to be improving locally. I think the gps units help the marshalls better track the goings on and pace.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

5 iron flush is heaven. Perfect combo of soaring trajectory and speed of flight. Just beautiful. Best experienced at higher altitudes (Colorado, Utah, etc)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

The irons are defiantly number 1 but my 3-wood is actually a close second. When I hit it pure, it almost feels like I'm just swinging through air with a nice ping. Its a great feeling.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

a month or so ago, i purchased a brand new persimmon driver on ebay, and i tell you what - once i learned to hit that club, there is nothing else that feels so good in the game. i derive a lot of pleasure from that solid wooden CRACK! and watching my ball take off down the fairway.

Lately I love a solid hit with my 7 or 9 iron. Usually it is my 6 iron but it changes all the time.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I choose an Iron. Not so much because of the "feel" as much as the satisfaction I get from hitting it well. Example...a couple of weeks ago at the club on the 12th hole. It is a short par 5. I hit a great driver...absolutley flushed it...flew about 300 yards. I was left with about 185 yard shot to the center of the green but the pin was back which added another 8 yards to the shot. I took a 5 iron and hit it as good as I possibly could. It landed about 4 feet from the hole and stopped at the back of the green leaving me with about a 20 foot putt for eagle. I had to hit this iron pretty good to get it there because the hole is a little uphill and then you have to fly over 3 sandtraps to reach it. I figured the worst thing that was going to happen if I hit it a little thin was end up in the bunker and I would still be able to get down for par.

I think back on my earliest rounds of golf....wading through the fog of frustration and wonderment....it was those rare pured iron shots that kept me coming back.

They just rang true and were somthing I wanted to feel more and more.

Luckily they surface every round...certainly not every hole, but at least a few times a round.

Keeps me coming back. I see the voters feel the same way.

• 4 weeks later...
Driver. I have only felt this once. The complete compression of the ball against the face of my driver. she towered and plugged over 300 yards less than 320. I have hit them farther since but I have not felt that feel of compression, like hitting a orange with a driver. I do like the iron feel, and felt a few of those last weeks round. they seem to be more common when i am standing uphill of the ball,,,any idea what that means to be ? when on level lie?

I can't say which club feels better on a flush hit... they all feel the same, on the inside, you know when you've hit it flush.

As for feeling, nothing beats the sensation of hitting an forged iron pure, there's no feeling like it, in fact there's almost no feeling at all...

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Guess I'm alone on this, but I chose putter. I love the feel of any flush hit, but there's something about a perfectly struck Pro V1x (everything else feels either too mushy or too clicky for me) tracking along the line I envisioned. I can usually tell if I've holed it well before it goes in.

My next choice would be the wedge, then short irons, etc. I think it's mostly mental...the shorter the club in my hand, the higher my expectations are for the shot and I get a greater sense of satisfaction when it comes off perfectly.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

That was an easy question.
Irons without a shadow of a doubt for me. They feel extremely sexxxay when hit flush, can't say that about any other clubs I own. Driver is gratifying when hit properly, but can't say it "feels" that much better. But my irons, that's a whole different sensation (TM Racs) very feelable, very palpable, very tactile. May be the part of the game I like best. Keeps me coming back for more.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Note: This thread is 5548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!