IGNORED

Sunday Bags....WHY?

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This thread is somewhat an extension of one where someone was looking for a certain type of Sunday bag.

Here's a question...and it might be a dumb one. How come people use these? Do they only use them when they go to par 3 courses? I would assume they hold about 10 clubs...is your bag that heavy that you can't take out the clubs you don't want and just carry/push that one? Just don't see the point that's all. Perhaps I am missing something here.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

ive wondered the same thing and all i can come up with is if you are going to play a par 3 course, or if you are going to play 9 holes and you already pretty much know which clubs you are going to need....

Yeah...hahaha..i have one. I use it for times i just want to play with three or four clubs. Usually a 4i, 8i, SW and putter. It beats having to lug around your whole bag just for a couple of clubs.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I guess they would also be good for just taking a few clubs to the driving range.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

I have an old canvas bag I used to use for this purpose. I would carry an amended set of clubs. Usually something like D,5W,5I,7I,9I,PW,P. You'd be surprised how well you can play with a set like that. I did this as a younger player when my main bag was an old Hot Z leather cart bag that weighed a good 15-20lbs empty! If I was walking I'd carry the canvas bag with the amended set and usually play some of my best golf.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I just got a small 4 way no name stand bag, for the par 3 course in Okeechobbe Fl. that I will play next month , about every day, plus most of my practice time at the range is with a few clubs, this little bag will make me stay on the scedule i plan for the range instead of hearing the "Big Dog" saying put those irons down and swing me. Ha Ha. It was mostly for the small 9 holes and a few clubs.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

This was an extension of my thread, and i wanted one because my current bag is too big to use everytime, especially when i go round sometimes only using 5/6 clubs all together. Its winter in UK and i only fit in 9 some days so whats the point in a big bag when u can have a small light one thats good for a few holes! i am not saying its perfect for comps, but its good for a few holes, and lighter!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I have one, I use it for transporting clubs to my clubmaker, par three courses and occasionally the range.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

I had a friend who had three different golf bags; a staff bag, a stand bag and a pencil bag. The latter was used when it was a hot summer day and he didn't feel like carrying, could just sling it on the ground anywhere. Can't remember if he carried a full set with that, he certainly played 18 with it.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I have a Ping Moon - fits 14 clubs if i have to, usually take 10 or less, great for the winter here and summer - social golf especially.

I think they're a great idea - I bring it to the range (short game area is a fair bit away from bays).

In the winter - all I do is put on all my warm clothes, raingear - the lot. So no need to put gear in a bag. It's more fun playing with less clubs, gives you a greater feel for your clubs and you might just be a little more creative on the course when you have 14 clubs.

They are lighter and smaller than conventional stand bags - I rarely carry mine (Ping Hoofer Vantage) but I like carrying in the Winter when it's very cold (wear mittins) and summer 9 holes in the evening / bit of practice.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I saw a guy the othed day on our course also using one of the PING Moon bags. He had it looped over the strap of his umbrella handle on his cart bag. He had his putter and wedges in it. I assume this was what he toted over to the green each time....not really sure.

I could see where one of these would be handy for range trips, par three golf, etc. They seem to be fairly priced and I'm sure well made....I've yet to find a PING product that wasn't.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

i won a sunday bag in a raffle and i love it. its so convenient, its light, holds all 14clubs, and i can carry just enough golf balls. i admit its better to have the backpack straps...but when you carry a light enough bag the straps really don't matter to me. i've only walked 18holes(few times) with it and it was a nice easy walk. i've never used it with a cart though.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

I have a Titleist Sunday bag with legs... Originally bought it when a friend of mine was carrying for me in a tournament... Super lightweight, can't carry a lot of extra gear in it but not a big deal... I used it over the holidays walking a couple of rounds and never got tired... 14 clubs is no problem... Great for trips to the practice tee as well

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Well then...I may just have to get one after reading all the responses!!! I usually use a pull cart if I am playing 18 and just carry when I am playing 9. I guess to each there own. Well thanks for the information, I have never used one so I was curious.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• Administrator
I have a Sunday bag. I use it when I want to play with just three or four clubs, which I try to do somewhat frequently as I find it helps to develop and maintain feel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the model I have is the x81... Sun Mountain makes Titleist bags so I'm certain they have their own version... Relatively inexpensive... Double strap makes it very easy to carry

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I've had a Titleist pencil bag for over a year now and i love it. It carries all fourteen clubs with ease, no more club jamming than any full size bag i have had. It's very light but it still holds plenty of balls, tees, etc. I also put a second strap on it because I would find my right shoulder getting a little tired over the course of 18 holes. But overall, I think they are awesome!

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!