IGNORED

Tiger to speak at the inauguration

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think this is neat and very appropriate:

"Tiger Woods, who has tried to stay out of politics during his ascent to one of the world’s most famous athletes, has accepted an invitation to speak at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday as part of President-elect Barack Obama’s inauguration festivities.

Woods posted a short statement on his Web site to say he would speak at “We Are One,” a concert and celebration that will be broadcast live on HBO and feature entertainers such as Beyonce, U2, Stevie Wonder and Garth Brooks, along with appearances by Denzel Washington and Martin Luther King III.

“I am honored that I was invited to this historic event and look forward to participating in Sunday’s festivities,” Woods said.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

tiger will probably be spending most of his day practicing at the white house putting green until he gives his speech so he doesn't fall behind on his practice schedule.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Finally, Tiger speaks in a political public forum. After years of admiring Tiger, but disliking his personality, I now like Tiger. I also want to see the Hudson River genius pilot there at the inauguration receive a special medal. That pilot is an example of what we, as Americans, need to do during times of adversity.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I doubt he says anything political at all. He will promote Obama with a prepared speech and rile up the spectators, plus it's a chance of a lifetime for him. I can't think of anyone I would rather hear from.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Since when did Mr.Woods become the voice of the people?He plays golf and should leave it at that.For that matter so should Denzel Washington and Garth Brooks. Stevie Wonder has done what exactly to help humanity?I have seen the danbury mint is minting coins with Obama and George Washington on the same coin?Others with him and Lincoln and Kennedy and the guy has not even passed a bill yet!!! Look he may go down as one of the best or he may be a bust but lets at least wait for him to get sworn in before we annoint him the next messiah.and lets keep the speakers to relevant politicians who at least act like they know from hence they speak.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Since when did Mr.Woods become the voice of the people?He plays golf and should leave it at that.For that matter so should Denzel Washington and Garth Brooks. Stevie Wonder has done what exactly to help humanity?I have seen the danbury mint is minting coins with Obama and George Washington on the same coin?Others with him and Lincoln and Kennedy and the guy has not even passed a bill yet!!! Look he may go down as one of the best or he may be a bust but lets at least wait for him to get sworn in before we annoint him the next messiah.and lets keep the speakers to relevant politicians who at least act like they know from hence they speak.

Geez, I don't care much for Obama's politics either but I still think it's cool for Tiger to speak. Aren't you overreacting a little?

I have seen the danbury mint is minting coins with Obama and George Washington on the same coin?Others with him and Lincoln and Kennedy and the guy has not even passed a bill yet!!! Look he may go down as one of the best or he may be a bust but lets at least wait for him to get sworn in before we annoint him the next messiah.

Regardless of how he goes down in the list of presidents based on achievements in office, Obama's presidency is historically significant because of his race. It's a major milestone for a country with the history of slavery that we have to make this turn. That's why we're getting the coins...

Well, that and the fact that he has come all the way from Krypton to save us from evil.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Geez, I don't care much for Obama's politics either but I still think it's cool for Tiger to speak. Aren't you overreacting a little?

yes, he's overreacting, this isn't about one politicians accomplishments but about a giant step for a country, for humanity

tiger has been a very public face about inclusion in our country and so its befitting he be there celebrating

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Anyone know *when* it will be on?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its about race... he has got to support his "brotha"!

This post is and should be reported.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

• Administrator
This post is and should be reported.

It's a much better use of your power to hit the reputation button and express your feelings that way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Many entertainers use their fame and wealth to try and better the world. Since you asked specifically about Stevie Wonder, he has done some good. He donated his time and voice for "We are the World" which raised over $60 million for famine relief. He created the "Vision Free Awards" to honor companies who produce technology to assist the blind. He's an honoree of the Children's Diabetes Foundation, helping to raise $70 million. He raised money for AIDS with the "That's what friends are for" donated song. He's a frequent contributor to the Junior Blind of America. He performs for other celebrities' events, such as Andre Agassi's "Grand Slam for Children" (he sang, didn't play tennis), and gives his time and money to many other service organizations.

I am sure you could find a similar list for all the other stars mentioned. That doesn't qualify them to make political speeches, but you know what does? They're Americans - they vote and have a voice. They have as much right to make a speech as any other American. I am pretty sure nobody on that list, including and especially Tiger, will make any heavy political statements. You'll just hear a lot of talk of brighter days, rising together, etc. I'd be surprised if Tiger talked about NAFTA or crude oil price manipulation. We're not just celebrating Obama, we're celebrating another success of our representative democracy. We vote for our leaders - not every country can say that!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Many entertainers use their fame and wealth to try and better the world. Since you asked specifically about Stevie Wonder, he has done some good. He donated his time and voice for "We are the World" which raised over $60 million for famine relief. He created the "Vision Free Awards" to honor companies who produce technology to assist the blind. He's an honoree of the Children's Diabetes Foundation, helping to raise $70 million. He raised money for AIDS with the "That's what friends are for" donated song. He's a frequent contributor to the Junior Blind of America. He performs for other celebrities' events, such as Andre Agassi's "Grand Slam for Children" (he sang, didn't play tennis), and gives his time and money to many other service organizations.

It is actually scary that all people can vote. Benjamin Franklin said it best

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. and for the 50% of americans that don't pay taxes... that is great news. Unfortunately, being black isn't that great of a qualification to become president... but hey it worked for Obama and Burris. It is a great time to be black!

• Administrator
Unfortunately, being black isn't that great of a qualification to become president... but hey it worked for Obama and Burris. It is a great time to be black!

Off-topic and inappropriate. I let the first one slide so you might redeem yourself, but now you've crossed the line. Enjoy your time out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Obama is not president because he's black, he's president and he's black. That's never happened before and as I mentioned before, is a historically notable event. However, the simple fact that he was even a viable candidate owes a lot to those, black, white, red, yellow, and whatever other colors you can be, who fought against an unfair system and society. Tiger Woods is a significant public figure in this regard, as a black man who dominates what was historically a very white sport. I believe that every time a racial division is broken down, it helps the next to fall. Tiger's accomplishments are extremely relevant and I'm thrilled to hear he's invited and taking part!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

My comments were not meant to be racist nor did I know about Stevie Wonders charity work.My point is do not rewrite history by comparing hin to gGeorge Washington before he has done anything besides being black.If that is your criteria for the man than will it be an excuse if he fails?I for one do not want to hear over the next 4 years he is being picked on because of his color.I have been a registered Democrat since my 18th birthday and have never missed a vote.But I will ask questions if after 4 years we as a country are not better off than when he started.He has both houses of congress on his side so let him strut his stuff then we can annoint him.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Obama is not president because he's black, he's president

I agree with everything that you wrote. When I posted this thread, I had no idea that some people would respond with anything other than praise. Obviously, I was wrong, but reading posts like yours make it worthwhile. My Polish grandfather who was a meat cutter and worked hard to have his own store, and not use a horse drawn meat wagon, taught me that we are all God's children and that there are good white men, and some bad white men, and that applies to all people, of all colors. He was the first person to teach me to judge someone by the way he or she acts, and not by the color of his or her skin. Because of this, it shocks me sometimes when people react the way they do.

Anyway, I am glad that Tiger Woods was asked to speak, and that he is doing it. His Dad, Earl, is smiling down upon this scene, for sure.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!