IGNORED

Who has the best swing and worst swing on tour?

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My favorite to watch Fred Couples. But it's hard to not pick Tiger as best. You can't argue with results.

I know he's not on tour but if you throw in pro-ams, Charles Barkley takes the cake for worst swing.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to vote my favorite as Freddie Couples, with an honerable mention to...

wait for it....

Kenny Perry. As much as he has gotten dogged so far, I have been looking at his swing a lot lately. I've always gotten too flat going back. In watching Perry's swing, I have a visual clue on how to get the club going upright.

As for worst, well I can't say and shouldn't say. But the guy I can't stand to watch over the ball is Adam Scott. I feel like I can see him going through a mental checklist.

Jim Thorpe has such a weird swing. He says he swings like that to keep the hooks away. It almost looks as bad as Sir Charles' swing.

Best swing - it's hard to argue with Tiger's success. And he's so flexible and powerful. I also like Sergio's swing.

Phil's major problem is that he's a righty trying to play as a lefty. He's got some other issues (he never thinks). However, his swing looks nice...I wouldn't mind hitting it like him.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I think the best is Jeff Oligilvy and the worst is JB Holmes. His swing looks so tight and unflexible.

BEST==Steve Elkington and Boo Weakley WORST LOOKING BUT STILL EFFECTIVE: Jim Furyk (you do not win a United States Open UNLESS you are a player!)

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I think almost everyone loves watching Fred Couples -- it is like poetry in motion. But his swing would not work for the vast majority of people. It is a complex mixture of positions, athleticism, and timing. I like Elkington because you get a sense of the same flowing grace, but it is simple, very simple. Just hitting on the range next to Elkington makes your swing better -- that smooth tempo and seeming lack of effort casts a spell over the area. Hitting next to Tiger makes one think, "my hips can never move that fast, take up bowling."

RC

I dont care..Ill take Jim thorpes swing if i could score like a touring pro does...lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Best v. Worst? ... Can't be settled. What is the criteria? Is the swing pretty? or functional?

I think the best swing is one that can be repeated and hold up under pressure. And the worst is one that can't hit fairways, can't hit greens and can't break eggs.

Ben Curtis' swing may not be conventionally pretty, but he's got a major and he wins once or twice a year. He is definitely the most under-rated player out there. So, take it easy on the guy.

Best v. Worst? ... Can't be settled. What is the criteria? Is the swing pretty? or functional?

We are not saying hes a bad player, just saying that his swing is ugly.

I am suprised that not more people are saying adam scott, how can you not like his golf swing. Aaron Baddeley swing isn't bad either, its unique because he uses stack and tilt.

I can't believe the posts saying they don't like Phil Mickelson's swing. Personally I think he has one of the most fluid swings on tour.

Worst would have to be Kenny Perry. It almost looks like he has some type of double move at the top of his backswing.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

I don't really dislike anyone's swing, I actually quite enjoy watching the odd swings and it makes the game more interesting, that people can play really well with some swings that look like they should not work.

Good point. I can assure you that when you see Jim Furyk and others swing while you are standing on the tee box ten feet away....it doesn't look so odd. I enjoy the flair and characater of the differences. The cookie cutter swings have taken over.
I think the best is Jeff Oligilvy and the worst is JB Holmes. His swing looks so tight and unflexible.

Oglivy is smooth as butter. I don't know that either of us spelled it correctly...but this is an informal posting is it not. Neither of us are being paid to submit our work here....or turning these in as term papers for college.

No, I would submit that those who are put off by an occasional mispelling or missed key stroke on here are people whose opinions don't really bother us anyway. I suspect they have other problems in their lives and enjoy pointing out faults here. Gimme a break.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Good point. I can assure you that when you see Jim Furyk and others swing while you are standing on the tee box ten feet away....it doesn't look so odd. I enjoy the flair and characater of the differences. The cookie cutter swings have taken over.

I just like how it holds up in stressful situation. He was in the rough at the Kapulaui (SP?) and just trusted his swing, didn't get quick and let the swing unfold. He ended up making a beautiful shot. He seems to do that more times than not. After watching today I really like Nitties putting stroke. He sets up fairly hunched and has a really flat lie angle on his putter. It just looks very pretty.

I wouldn't say Tiger has the best swing on tour. Possibly one of the most powerful, but his driver is fairly inaccurate. He needs such a good iron swing because of some of the places he gets himself into.

I'd have to say Adam Scott is up there. Most of Tiger's good points without some of his bad points. Rory McIlroy is up there too, along with Fred Couples.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

About 12 years ago, the players voted on the best swings, and the Top Three were as follows:

1. Tom Purtzer

2. Payne Stewart

3. Steve Elkington

All had smooth, traditional swings, with good rhythm and good balance. The Elk is still playing, and shot 70-69-71 so far---not great, but not bad for an old guy. He still has a nice swing to watch and emulate.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Worst i would have to say Paul goydos.
Probably not the best but I love to watch Jay Haas swing the golf club. Jay has great rhythm and timing, effortless power. Watching Jay helps me smooth-out my transition from the top.

In my bag:

Driver: 905R Proforce V2 S76 10.5*
3Wood: 906F4 Aldila vs proto S80 15.5*
Hybrids: 585H Project X 6.0 21*Irons: AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0 4-6 bent 2* weak 7-PW bent 1* weakWedge: SW SM53* bent from 56* (custom grind by me) DG S200 Wedge: LW SM58* bent from 60* (custom...

My favorite is Zach Johnson. Other than the strange hands behind the ball thing he has a very good swing. Nedless to say Tiger's isn't half bad either

For the worst id have to say it goes to either Jim Furyk, Kenny Perry, or Woody Austin.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!