IGNORED

Ryan Moore--he is now his own man--no endorsements

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Foolish if you ask me.

Why? Because of the money? If he feels this decision is best for his golf, I don't see how that could be foolish. He can make plenty of money just playing better golf.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I was a sponsor, I wouldn't make a bet on his golf swing, either.

Why not? Furyk has about ten endorsement deals and no one has a more different swing than he does.

TaylorMade may have asked for a bigger commitment or offered less money than he was willing to take.  He could be betting on himself to do have a great season so he can name his sponsor and price.  I'm sure these guys are all aware of the deals others are cutting and no one wants to accept a lesser deal than they believe they deserve.

I know part of the benefit of having a sponsor (besides the cash) is they always have a truck present at tournaments to help players with new clubs and fittings, so without an equipment sponsor does that mean Moore is on his own?  Is so that seems to put him at a bit of a disadvantage.

Joe Paradiso

Why? Because of the money? If he feels this decision is best for his golf, I don't see how that could be foolish. He can make plenty of money just playing better golf.

For starters,he already has set a precedence with using a club company for years. Next  hes 34 years old, what does does he have left, without a major another 5 years tops?, Assuming he plays well that is.  Otherwise he'll fade into obscurity. Look at what the top players earn on the course what they earn in endorsements.

Next his footwear company is not growing like it did a couple of years ago.  I'm sure is getting lost in with all the other companies as far as  non- structured footwear category goes.  They (true linkswear)  used to be alone in that category, now every brand has dozens of models competing at price, look and functionality.

lastly by making a statement of going it alone or no sponsorships- he could informing the club companies that "I'm available"

I still think its the TMAG connection of use our footwear or else. Maybe they didn't renew with him rather than the other way around. More and more top players are being looked into head toe contracts, unless its been grandfathered.

we'll see

• Upvote 1

For starters,he already has set a precedence with using a club company for years. Next  hes 34 years old, what does does he have left, without a major another 5 years tops?, Assuming he plays well that is.  Otherwise he'll fade into obscurity. Look at what the top players earn on the course what they earn in endorsements. Next his footwear company is not growing like it did a couple of years ago.  I'm sure is getting lost in with all the other companies as far as  non- structured footwear category goes.  They (true linkswear)  used to be alone in that category, now every brand has dozens of models competing at price, look and functionality. lastly by making a statement of going it alone or no sponsorships- he could informing the club companies that "I'm available" I still think its the TMAG connection of use our footwear or else. Maybe they didn't renew with him rather than the other way around. More and more top players are being looked into head toe contracts, unless its been grandfathered. we'll see

I remember reading an article on him the first time around going with no sponsors and it didn't seem like he was giving up a lot of money (by their standards). [URL]http://www.golf.com/equipment/rebel-without-brand[/URL] $300k and the shoes aren't worth much. I figured most players are making their big endorsement money from other companies, like 5 Hour Energy or UPS, various banks, etc. Tiger is one of the only ones I can really think of with his own brand. Anyway, I think Moore is a bit of a boutique club snob, for lack of a better term. Didn't he play Miuras not too long ago? I get the feeling he likes to be different and enjoys being the guy on tour with no sponsors.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Anyway, I think Moore is a bit of a boutique club snob, for lack of a better term. Didn't he play Miuras not too long ago? I get the feeling he likes to be different and enjoys being the guy on tour with no sponsors.

Yep, also had a deal with Scratch Golf a few years ago.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I remember reading an article on him the first time around going with no sponsors and it didn't seem like he was giving up a lot of money (by their standards).

http://www.golf.com/equipment/rebel-without-brand

$300k and the shoes aren't worth much. I figured most players are making their big endorsement money from other companies, like 5 Hour Energy or UPS, various banks, etc. Tiger is one of the only ones I can really think of with his own brand.

Anyway, I think Moore is a bit of a boutique club snob, for lack of a better term. Didn't he play Miuras not too long ago? I get the feeling he likes to be different and enjoys being the guy on tour with no sponsors.

That's in 2009 dollars and when he was on the bubble of keeping his card or not on the PGA ( ranked 120th, according to the article) Now he must be inside of 30th right?

Note: This thread is 3399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!