IGNORED

Do you follow the LPGA Tour and watch it?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are some very good LPGA blogs like Hound Dog and The Constructivist. I started paying more attention to the LPGA after reading those informed opinions the last couple of years. Hound Dog has had some excellent statistical breakdowns.

This is the only thing that somewhat turns me off, admittedly a unique concern: The women are often clueless about skin damage from the sun. I see that much more on the LPGA than PGA and it makes me cringe. Obviously the attire is a factor but even on the arms and neck and face the women can border on bizarre tanning that is not going to pay dividends down the road, far from it. Many more of them don't wear hats or any type of headwear.

I could barely watch the LPGA major last year which Yani Tseng won. Her arms were grotesquely baked.

There are some very good LPGA blogs like Hound Dog and The Constructivist. I started paying more attention to the LPGA after reading those informed opinions the last couple of years. Hound Dog has had some excellent statistical breakdowns.

Good point about the tanning. I have often wondered why they do not use more sun screen and protect themselves. On the other hand, I remember how tanned golfers like Kathy Whitworth were. Yet, I believe Kathy has not had any skin cancer. Maybe because she was from Texas, she grew up with a lot of sun, and that helped.

You know, many women in our society have been sold on tanning to look "beautiful". Here in Central New York, every girl who is going to the Winter Dance or Prom HAS to be tanned, and the tanning parlors are all over the place. You have to admit that the "women's beauty market" has done a good job selling this concept to young women. Even older women feel they must be tanned to look good. Thank God that my wife and my 24 year old daughter have never "bought into" this sales pitch.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I kind of disagree, women are much more aware of their appearence than men. Especially the younger ones who have been brought up being much more aware of the harmful effects of over exposure to the sun. I've read many posts from guys saying the girls, like Natalie, wear too much makeup. Well guess what, that's how they can protect themselves. A lot of makeup has some SPF level in it. Paula likes to wear the large sunglasses, but she does it less for looks and more to protect her eyes and the skin around her eyes.

Who wants to look at this when you can watch Bubba Watson or Charles Howell?

I do, that is for sure! And I can attest that Natalie and Paula look even better in person, espcially if you are fortunate enough to get real close. The best way to come face to face with them is with "strategic positioning"---find the right location to get an autograph, and get a nice smile in return. That makes going to an LPGA Tournament well worth it.

What i was always wondering - why are there so many foreign players from South Korea compared to other countries. According to this - http://www.lpga.com/content/2008Inte...nalPlayers.pdf - there are 45 active South Korean players, and Sweden is next, but not even close to it with 15 players.

So since South Korea is not really famous for Golf - whats the explanation behind this?

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

To be perfectly honest, I don't watch much PGA or LPGA. Golf (to me anyway) is fun to play, but kind of boring to watch (especially on TV.)

Live though, I think I would rather watch an amateur event than a pro event anyway. Golf to me just seems like a sport that was meant to be played by amateurs (warts and all.)

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

What i was always wondering - why are there so many foreign players from South Korea compared to other countries. According to this -

There are four main reasons: 1. They start playing and practicing at an early age. 2. They take golf very seriously. 3. They have a great work ethic. 4. They receive excellent golf instruction at recognized golf schools.
watch - yes, follow - no.

Ilion, NY, near Utica, in the center of the state. Herkimer is 5 miles away, where Wayne Levi and Lynn Marriott came from. I have gotten to know them, Dottie Pepper from Saratoga Springs, and Laura Diaz, from Scotia, NY. Upstate New York has produced many great golfers, including Ed Furgol, winner of the 1954 US Open and Ted Kroll, 1956 PGA Tour Player of the Year. I know Ted's nephew, Jimmy Gemza, who is an excellent amateur player, and has many fond memories of Uncle Ted. Ted and Ed Furgol grew up playing the Twin Ponds Golf & Country Club in NY Mills, and they caddied at the Yahnundasis in New Hartford.

Tonight was the first time I watched it. My wife saw the previews for it last night and said she wanted to watch it. I am impressed, and am impressed by their play.

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

All the time. One of the pros, Diana D'Alessio, is from my home course. When you go to a tournament in person, you find that the LPGA players are a lot more accessible than their PGA counterparts. And I simply love the fact that absolute hotties like Eric Blasberg and Natalie Gulbis are playing a sport that most men can't get the hang of.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I watch and with Wie on the tour along with some new, talented Americans, I will watch more.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

I watch and with Wie on the tour along with some new, talented Americans, I will watch more.

Yeah, this year's rookie class with Americans Wie, Hurst, Lewis, etc... is just incredible. Look for Wie to become the dominant American player that people have been waiting 15 years for. I think she'll win a boat load of majors by the time she hangs em' up.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Yeah, this year's rookie class with Americans Wie, Hurst, Lewis, etc... is just incredible. Look for Wie to become the dominant American player that people have been waiting 15 years for. I think she'll win a boat load of majors by the time she hangs em' up.

You may well be right about Michelle since she has tremendous talent. The real question is "does she have the mental toughness and focus when the heat is on?" Based on their performances in the final round of Q School, Stacy Lewis showed she has those qualities. Michelle showed that she was not in Stacy's class on that day.

You may well be right about Michelle since she has tremendous talent. The real question is "does she have the mental toughness and focus when the heat is on?" Based on their performances in the final round of Q School, Stacy Lewis showed she has those qualities. Michelle showed that she was not in Stacy's class on that day.

The big question for Michelle, as you have suggested, is can she finish. Right off the bat we have a chance to see in this weekends tournament. She has to get over that hump. Winning is not a habit for her. The pressure of winning is not something easily conquered. I hope she wins this week to get the feel of it.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Note: This thread is 5566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!