IGNORED

The Golf Fix

svchiefs19
Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

meh. dont like it at all. its too rushed for me.

Go ahead and throw in Billy Mays for good measure.

I agree that the show is too rushed. Michael has some great drills and tips. I would prefer to see him do a more traditional hour long show.

Hilarious....bringing back some memories.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I hate Michael Breed.

I can't believe there is a show on TGC that I haven't seen... either way I generally dislike "golf tips" type BS. I would agree with the above poster that lessons are best given in person or simply by practicing yourself and understanding the mechanics of the golf swing.

I thought it was a decent show but not nearly as good as the turn.

not a big fan of the turn...

in fact the shows I enjoy most are either about golf news... i.e. Golf Central and 19th Hole or just "fun" type stuff... i.e. Big Break and Highway 18 note: I am a fan of both playing lessons and personal lessons though... these shows are less about little BS tips and more about course management and other instruction.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I have to agree with the majority here, the show it entirely too quick. I've seen every show thus far and he's still going at about a million miles an hour. I'm not sure why they feel the need to have a live show. It's not as if the emails and phone calls were live anyway. I think the show would be better taped and if he slowed down a bit. He is all over the place and it's hard to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it is a great show as well. I just dont like how they have to rush him through just so they can get the commercial breaks in.
What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

I personally don't mind the show. I would agree that it is too rushed. I haven't been able to use a lot of his drills as it's still winter up here, but come spring I plan on using some of his drills. I would like to see it go to an hour.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I think the show is getting better each week. The first show was rough.

I missed the show. Can you describe the 2 drills?

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

• 4 months later...
I wanted to comment on the Golf Fix and I'm glad I searched the forum before starting a new thread...

I really enjoy this show... yes it is fast-paced and I can understand why some people might not like it but Michael Breed seems to be a genuine guy and I think he has good ideas... you do have to pay attention but I always learn something new from watching the show... the tips and drills I find beneficial

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I hate Michael Breed.

i agree 100% with this

i think this guy is a douche and just rushes through everything he screams at the TV and it's like "duh - this is so easy do this and your cured!" hate him
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

i agree 100% with this

LOL! That is not a lukewarm opinion... I'll keep watching the show

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

My take on the show is that it accomplishes everything it's trying to. For the viewer to expect it to be an in-depth personal lesson is ridiculous. There is some decent ideas to pull from it and some other ideas to write off. Just take it with a grain of salt.
In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

Its like most how-to shows that only last 30 minutes, they leave out a lot of the steps. because of time, but he tries to make up for it by talking fast, must drink a lot of coffee or something, seems like he gets way too excited over everything.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

They need to get rid of the historical segment. I guess it was designed as a change of pace but Breed is brutal almost every time, particularly tonight trying to describe the origin of exactly 18 holes. The script is not tight enough and Breed is at his worst when he's trying to expand on something, if it's not a golf tip.

Otherwise, I still appreciate the show.

I like the show overall and the historical segment, although Breed sometimes does "hit it fat", if you will.

It still feels a little too rushed. I'd enjoy it more if they slowed it down a touch. I don't put too much weight on the tips/drills. I think you can screw up a nice swing with a just a couple great tips. But I enjoy the show and golf talk.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

I like the show, has some good tips most times. I prefer "Playing Tips With the Pros" though..... more real life uses

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!