IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

I made my first eagle yesterday!!! Yahoo!! I pitched in from about 30 yards pin-high left of the flag!! It was not as exciting as I had anticipated!!!

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had quit a couple thanks to a 230 yd par 4 and like 470 par 5 at home course

230 yards isn't really a par 4, no matter what the scorecard calls it. I've seen longer par 3 holes. The shortest par 4 on my home course is 340 from the white tees, and I've seen it driven, although it takes a 310 carry to clear a pond. Even for me it's just a Hybrid/wedge.

Like a few others here, I have no idea just how many eagles I've made. All but one of them were on my home course. I've eagled all four par 5's several times, eagled one par 4, and had 2 aces. First eagle came about 20 years ago, and I had a flurry of them for a few years. I had one last year, and one so far this year. I'm not as long as I used to be, so the opportunities come less often these days, but I still get the occasional good chance on a par 5.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Somewhere around 20-25. My last came last fall on a 560 yd par 5. Driver, 3H to 12 feet, made the putt.

In my bag:

Cleveland Hi Bore XLS 8.5* X Stiff
Mizuno MP 650 13*
Halo 22 Deg Apex Plus 4-E Apex Plus Gap Wedge CG15 54 Deg CG10 58 Deg Anser 4 ProV1x

3 for now. 2 par 5's and a par 4 from 152 out. I've missed quite a few eagle putts too

What's In My Bag
Driver: r9 TP
Fairway wood: Hibore XLS 3
Hybrids: Hibore XLS 3&4
Irons: Victory Red Blades 4-PWedge: Cg14 Camo 56 R-91 60Putter: Rossa LabeauBall: Pro V1

I had 14 of them last year. I actually had two in one round. I am pretty long off the tee and hit a lot of par 5's in two.

I am still looking for that hole-in-one though. Maybe this year!!!!!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was putting for eagle once. Missed it, though. So none. Denver Nuggs, you aren't alone.

Ditto.

Snarflat.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I had one when I was younger, it was a par 4. I hit my tee shot down the cart path for a total of about 310 yards. The next shot was on a highly elevated green. Could barely see the flagstick. I hit PW (I was 13/14 at the time) and I knew I was at least putting for bird. My Dad and I drove up to the green and didn't see a ball up there. So I looked passed the green, didn't see anything. So then my heart started pumping, and I went towards a hole, peeked in, and it was there. I yelped, it was great. I could holes later I got a birdie too, on a par 3, sinking a 20 footer. Good times

I love to hate this damn game.

• 2 months later...
I was four over going into 9 today. Figuring to shoot 40 with a par 5 on the 510 yard 9th. I hit a good drive, 275 but in the left rough (in standing water 3 inches off the cartpath, actually). I took relief from the standing water and hit a 4 iron to 10 yards short of the green. From there I hit a perfect pitch to my spot and it took a straight bounce and released right on line and into the hole for 3. My first eagle of the year.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Only one so far but I got it on Sept. 11, 2001

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

last few days... pars have been scarce... birdies are hiding from me... eagles arent even in the picture... altho...
our group got stuck behind a ridiculous 4some playing what we thought was 'best'ball...
behind us was a very nice older ladies 4some that were really good...
after clearing the green on a long par5 and waiting for the bestball teebox to clear...
we witnessed one of the ladies take their approach shot in for an eagle... they were jumping for joy and we gave them a standing ovation
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

5 so far this season. All memorable, esp on the one from 120 out.

Titleist 905R 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher FL 13*

Titleist 585h 19*
Titleist AP2 712 (3-P)

Ping Eye2 PW

Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey 2ball 35"

Titleist NXT Tour

I've got a hole in one but still no eagle. I've missed some pretty short eagle putts along the way by squeezing the life out of my putter. Wanted it too bad.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

so close in the 6 months i have be playing but no im still in the zero group.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!