IGNORED

What's your latest swing thought?

Note: This thread is 5540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's your latest swing thought you've been working on?

Latest ones....have to do with dealing with a messed up left knee that I'm wearing a restrictive brace on while playing.

I've got some compensation stuff going on. Prior to the knee injury my thoughts were:
  • atletic stance, maintaining knee flex throughout the swing
  • smooth / slow tempo on takeway
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Slow and smooth.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

My thoughts right now are...

1. Bleed out all the tension at address, especially in the arms & hands then...
2. Hit it HARDER THAN DAMNIT

Believe it or not, I've added at least 15 yards to my irons with this technique. I'm doing it with a shorter and more controlled backswing as well, although my tempo has increased drastically.

My thoughts right now are...

Nicee!!!

My latest have been, 1) shift weight forward. Dumb move, but god i love it. 2) Quit singing the song in my head. 3) Visualize 4) swing it, but maintain balance. Then pose, and watch it land : )

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Pull right hip straight back while pointing left knee at the ball to rotate instead of shift, and finish the swing with perfect balance. Just using the finish swing in perfect balance is a great thought. Once you start feeling it you want to feel it on every swing.

1) consistent spine angle throughout the swing. This swing thought is $$$$$$ for me
2) tempo, tempo, tempo

I over-analyze my swing and sometimes play awful because of too many swing thoughts, but these two are the main ones I try to stick with.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I'm actually trying to rid myself of thoughts on the swing...got too many rolling around up there. Seriously though I think my thought would be just visualize the shot I want and swing..not hit. Hopefully I'll listen to myself.

5000 9.5 Graphite deisgn ys6+ stiff
Insight 3 wood stiff
4 hybrid
:I10 3-w AWT Stiff blue dot
X tour 58, 54:VPNXT Tour

What's your latest swing thought you've been working on?

you should use the weight transfer to your front foot ( if you pick up your heel then the starting move is planting the heel back down.) cause when you do that your ams naturally drop down.

1. i focus on the ball but more focused on staying in the same position. not swaying with the swing and not reaching down or standing up away from the ball. 2. don't try to kill the ball, until right before contact. slow and steady backswing, even my first move down is not rushed and then when hands are about waist high on the way down, i go for broke.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Narrow my stance. I think it has been too wide for the irons.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

1) Quite hands and one piece, full rotation take away.
2) "Alistair Keduggan"

The second one is from Alex Hay, for tempo. "Alistair" for backswing (start takeaway on the "Al..."), "Keduggan" for downswing (hit ball on the middle "dug" syllable of "Ke-dug-gan"). Works a treat when I get a bit quick - long time flaw of mine. Try saying this while watching the Big Easy and some of the other smooth swingers...

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 to start swing

2 at the top

pause

3. turn the hips

I'm thinking the numbers, not the italics.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

My only swing thought is to help my tempo by using a four syllable phrase which helps time my takeaway, backswing, pause and firing through the ball plus it makes me smile... Carmen Electra.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

so this really hot chick was at the range when i was warming up... and my only swing thought while going thru some balls was...
dont miss
dont miss
dont miss
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

TRUST the swing and RELAX

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I'm still working on grooving my swing, but when I want to hit well I try to think, "I'm going to really enjoy hitting this ball" and build up my confidence to hit it.

All the swing adjustments I'm making I think of for a few shots then try to get to a point where I feel them. Once I think I've got the technique somewhat grooved I switch back to the confidence building thought above (and also focus on hitting a target).

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Kfowler is right on....Keep ypour right knee still throughout the swing. Full & complete turn..slow transtion to downswing with hands reaching to right of target...try to turn it over....hold the finish full & long..full pose

In the bag:
Driver = Clevleand Hi-bore xls stiff
3 mtl = Cleveland launcher titanium - stiff 65 g Adilia
hy brid = Cleveland Hi-bore 19* / 22*
irons = Ping I 5 4 - pwwedges = 52* = Cleveland CG 10 56* 60*putter = 2 ball . mid length

My thoughts vary...
Usually I think too much, during swing in this order is my thoughts
Address ball, light grip, slowly in backswing, oops, did I tighten grip at top, are my arms in right position, coil, am I lined up correct, hope I don't mess up while others are watching, ok, here we go, start with pulling left arm, get hips going, hit through ball, don't slice, remember to finish high

and after all that and I hit the ball..... My thoughts sometimes go to WATCH THE BALL ( so I will know where to look and if I am going to need ball retriever... and I HOPE I don't hit anyone

Please tell me it gets easier

Lately, when I step up to the tee on a driving hole, my only swing thought is...........Here comes another hook.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Note: This thread is 5540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!