IGNORED

What is your take on slazenger

Note: This thread is 5516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys I went too golf galaxy the other day and tried out a few clubs. I picked up a couple clubs like the callaway X22 and titlest and 2 diferint types of slazenger clubs.

Of course notheing beats the feel of the titlest when you hit it right but when I hit them It seems like I hit them as good and sometimes better than the other clubs and they are 2 to3 hundred dollars while titles or x22s would set you back 700 easy. I am starting to belive they are just selling brand names.

Go to golf galaxy try them and see what you think.

The weird thing is that the slazenger clubs I cant find anywhere on the net.

They were called slazenger distance and slazenger distance stainless. Not the raw distance hybrid irons.

For a beginner buying expensive clubs is a waste of money. It's been said hundreds of times: buy a decent starter set of clubs and spend the rest of what you would have spent on expensive name brand clubs on lessons. You'll be a better golfer and once you've gotten your swing and your game locked in you'll have a much better idea about what to spend you equipment dollars on to suit your game.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

not bad beginners sets especially for the price...
i bought my girl a slazenger stand bag and lazy slazenger balls... very inexpensive...
the bag is starting to get a hole where the back pack straps connect to the bag... kinda disappointing... but for 40 bucks i didnt expect much... she likes the balls cuz they come in a variety of different colors... hahaha
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Slazenger products are exclusive to Golf Galaxy / Dicks Sporting Goods only..

Didn't Dick's buy Slazenger?

IMHO, when a brand is purchased by a chain store, it is usually the first step in it going down hill. Not that it means it is a BAD brand, but my guess is they will never be top-tier again.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

The brands owned by Dick's Sporting Goods (and also sold at Golf Galaxy, which is also owned by Dick's parent company) are not a bad quality, but are also not a high end club. As a high handicapper they would probably suit you fine. However, used clubs may be an even better bargain. You may be able to get a higher quality set for less money if you search local retailers that carry used clubs and/or search eBay and other online stores. You could also buy new clubs that are a year or 2 old for a great deal.

For the most part the lesser known names are of a lesser quality. This is not always the case, but usually is. You might also want to look at HirekoGolf.com. They sell a couple brands that are not very well known, but they are cheap and have recieved really good reviews (including being mentioned in 2009 Golf Digest Hot List - http://www.hirekogolf.com/xk/xk.html ). I know Acer is one of the brands I have read good things about. They will also custom build clubs for you.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

My golfing buddy started out with a set of Slazenger clubs back in July, I think he paid $300 for the whole box set. He bent the 5 iron three times ( and Dick's replaced the 5 iron three times), then the bottom of the bag busted. They seemed to be good starter clubs, now he games Cleveland irons.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Didn't Dick's buy Slazenger?

I talked to a Dick's Sporting goods manager and apparently what is going on is that yes dicks now owns the names on the clubs but still contracts with the companies that make them. It was basically a way of cutting costs for the companies.

Maxfli- made by taylormade still as far as i know Walter Hagen-was told Adams golf made these. Slazenger not sure who is making those right now.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Hey guys I went too golf galaxy the other day and tried out a few clubs. I picked up a couple clubs like the callaway X22 and titlest and 2 diferint types of slazenger clubs.

what kind of babbling, incoherent post is that?

my god.....

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Slazenger is a sad story.

I played tennis before golf. The racket I still use is of the last line Slazenger put out before being bought by Dicks. They've released rackets since then. But if you compare the make quality of the rackets. It's no contest. Tennis-wise is all I can vouch for, and in this case, Slazenger used to be a Premium quality product. If I had to rate quality now, I think it's best described as a Premium Generic.

I started out with a complete set of Slazenger clubs with all graphite shafts. They were made well... but still with shortcuts (that you see on generics.) The 'weights' on the driver and one of the hybrids just fell off -- apparently it was just stuck on with some glue. The driver dented a little in two different places, but that's more likely due to some really shoddy ball striking between my and some friends than anything else. The only item in the set I felt was not up to par, was the golf bag. It was amazingly light, but impossible to set up to walk with, and very top heavy balanced.

I still don't regret buying those clubs one bit. When I found out what I wanted and caught on some really lucky deals I jumped on the boat to my new gear.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

?

What kind of comment is that? Really not even close to adding something productive to the discussion. To the OP, I would lean toward buying a used set of better quality for around the same price. I'm sure Slazenger is not terrible, but I would think something like Ping, Callaway, Adams, Cleveland, Cobra would be more durable. The lack of Slazenger clubs on Ebay and such haws to be an indication that their poorer quality affects resale. You might also consider having clubs built from components, like those from Golf Works, affiliated with Golf Galaxy. Some are likely to cost you around the same as a set of Slazengers off the shelf, but will be of better quality.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

?

I see this a lot and agree to an extent, but always stick with the other side of the argument in the end. This is where I get caught up:

I spent $280 and got a bag, driver, 3wood, 3h, 4h, 5-pw irons and a putter. It was brand new with a one year warranty (that is doubled to two thanks to my credit card benefits). Given that budget, what can you get me for my money?

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

?

What kind of comment is that? Really not even close to adding something productive to the discussion. To the OP, I would lean toward buying a used set of better quality for around the same price. I'm sure Slazenger is not terrible, but I would think something like Ping, Callaway, Adams, Cleveland, Cobra would be more durable. The lack of Slazenger clubs on Ebay and such haws to be an indication that their poorer quality affects resale. You might also consider having clubs built from components, like those from Golf Works, affiliated with Golf Galaxy. Some are likely to cost you around the same as a set of Slazengers off the shelf, but will be of better quality.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

Well for what it's worth they still make great cricket bats. I think it's a bit hit and miss with those multi-sport manufacturers, for some sports they make great stuff and others it's not such high quality and it goes up and down. They were never a big name in cricket bats, for instance, until a few years ago and now plenty of international players are using them. I say if you like the clubs and you hit them well then go for it.

I had an 18* rescue club that was a Slazenger which was easy to hit a very long. I'd say nearly as easy as my xls which is meant to be one of the easiest hybrids of all to hit. Of course i get a more stable ball flight from my xls and i can hit it further, but i wouldnt mind gettin a 21* version at all.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Thanks guys This helped allot

I just need to get new clubs My clubs are over 10 years old now. Old callaway X-18s. Want to get AP1s but they are so damn expensive. Especialy when compared to slazenger so I just wanted to hear what you thought.

Thanks Again to everyone but nike_golf

Slazenger clubs are basically to be avoided. They do however do the best commercials. The famous K1 speed driver, with knife technology, and the FAST irons advert with Tony Jacklin and Kenny Daglish-tremendous stuff. Makes me laugh every time. Particularly when kenny holes a bunker shot with the free handy sandy sand iron-first take as well--haha get in there kenny.Sorry to babble nike_golf

Note: This thread is 5516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!