IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

I would definetly say Tiger. IMO Tiger is the most dominate player in all of sports. You can just hear the other PGA members sighing with relief at Tigers absence.

we'll see how well tiger comes back from his injury to compare him with jack who struggled all his life with a physical handicap

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I don't remember much of Jack's Career before 1980, but I do remember his 1986 Masters victory vividly, that was amazing to me. While Jack is one of my favorites of all time, I can't help but admit that Tiger will be better. What he just did at Torrey Pines was amazing to me, to say the least.

It's not even close. Tiger, far and away.

you are under 20. its not even close

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Now that he wins the open with a torn ACL, I have to say Tiger woods, that is just amazing.

Adams Golf Idea a2 OS Hybrids
(all but the 3iron, I broke it )

Now that he wins the open with a torn ACL, I have to say Tiger woods, that is just amazing.

that's all well and good but consider the fact all the majors jack won with his physical problems

Wow, I've read a lot of the posts in this thread...
First and foremost, I will not judge who is better, as I believe legends of this game cannot be compared, as each of them were truly great.

I also think this thread has somewhat argued tradition vs technology, old vs new, past vs present. Its almost argued which era of golf is better? I for one, liked the game as it was many years ago(may or may not have been better compared to today's game), with the likes of Bobby Jones, Walter Hagen, Gene Sarazen, Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, Palmer, Player, Nicklaus, Mickey Wright, Tom Watson, and so many others. I wonder at the thought of how some(A FEW) don't even know who these players are. Don't get me wrong, technology has put the game to a new level, but I still and always will prefer the more traditional era's of golf. I understand how some people have golf heroes(mainly Tiger Woods; he's far from my favorite, but he's a predator on the course) from today's era, and I respect that. I'm simply stating my own thoughts and opinions like yourself. Golf is the game we all love and adore, now that is something we can all agree on...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

I'd go with Tiger ;)

Both legends though ..

-----------------------
Bag: Twister III (blue/white)
Driver: MP600 Fujikura 360 Stiff
Fairway woods: V-steel 3 and 5 wood!
Irons: 3-PW MP-32 Wedges: MP-T 53 degressWedges: 56 degressPutter: BC1Ball: Pro V1Best score so far : 73 - 5 over par!Goal this year : sub par score!

Comparing apples and oranges I think...different era's, game, etc.

Both dominate though during their prime

09 Burner 9.5* Stiff

.......MP 001 3w Stiff
.......CLK FLI-HI 3(20*) & 4(23*) Hybrids
.......4-PW MP60 DGSL 300's Stiff SVT 52* Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 54* Wedge CG10 Black Pearl 60* Wedge XG White Hot #1 Putter ProV1, Prov1x, NXT Tour Aerolite III Stand

Tigers' consistency on draining 4-8 ft key par saves is why I choose Tiger. I admit bias having not seen Jack in his prime but based on Tiger's dominance on tour where the quality of players is far greater than those who challenged Jack on a weekly basis.