IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Jack could hit hit 300 when he was in his 20/30's, with a persimmon wood and inferior golf ball. He usually scaled it back to keep it in the fairway. If he was in his 30's now and playing with today's equipment I think he could jump on it and hit it as far a Tiger. But, this is mere speculation, we will never know.

I still think Tiger must beat Jack's records to be considered the greater player.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

who joins a golf forum and doesnt know the golden bear

Someone who doesn't play golf and only joined because he's thinking of trying it, which he is only thinking of doing because he thinks his wife should try it to improve her business relationships with clients and bosses who play and have invited her to play.

Notice my handicap? It wouldn't let me leave it blank, and I wasn't about to be an internet poser, so there you have it I'm sure if this becomes as addicting as cycling (I'm sure many of you know Lance but not Merckx or Major Taylor) I'll start knowing this important trivia. edit: I wasn't even sure if 300 was good until recently. I've been to a driving range once, and I think I got one ball almost 200 yards, one ball to land on my head, and everything else in between to represent rock skipping on a smooth pond.

Someone who doesn't play golf and only joined because he's thinking of trying it, which he is only thinking of doing because he thinks his wife should try it to improve her business relationships with clients and bosses who play and have invited her to play.

o ok gotcha

I'd say Tiger only because he's in of my 'generation,' as opposed to Jack. From what I've see of Jack, I think he's amazing but never having followed his career, I don't know as much of him as I do of Tiger. And.. Tiger is simply amazing.

In my bag:

D: Burner 2009 10.5˚
3W: Burner 2009 15˚
5W: Burner 2008 18˚R: Rescue Burner 25˚I: X-20 (4-SW)W: CG12 52˚P: Black #2

Welcome aboard. Take some time and find out who Jack was/is and it will make you REALLY appreciate what Tiger is doing. Both are awesome talents in their own rights. Cheers

I like them both, but I grew up watching Jack. And I still think he would win his share today.

In my bag:
Burner 9.5
G15 3 wood
Rapture 21
I-10's 3-PW Rifle 6.0 Vokey 56 Oil Can Eye2 58 Newport ProV1x

I like them both, but I grew up watching Jack. And I still think he would win his share today.

Here's to the "old" guys remembering Jack. We may never know who's the greatest but one thing I can say is that the players of today wouldn't feel one bit better about looking in the rear view mirror and seeing Jack (in his prime) make a run at them. With both Jack and Tiger intimidation

IS the 15th club.

I was not around to see jack play in his prime but i must say some of the things that tiger does are unbelievable

Jack for sure until Tiger retires

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

It's usually difficult to compare players from different eras. Having said that, Tiger is ahead of Jack on many fronts and on his way to surpassing most of Jack's records (except coming in 2nd at majors). So, with that in mind, I'm gonna say Tiger.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Tiger is one of those rare athletes who lives up to the hype.

Agreed! I'd have to pick Tiger for the fact that I'm watching golf history when I watch him!