IGNORED

Sharing Clubs?

cougar2588
Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every player should have their own bag (or equivalent) and their own clubs. Most everyone I know has enough old clubs and and old bag to put together a set for someone who wants to come along.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Don't really know why this got started. On the range, who cares. On the course, you are holding up play for no good reason, unless the course is empty, then who cares.

Well said.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Just curious, how often do you and your partner borrow clubs from each other's bags on the course?

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

i have a friend exactly like that... he refuses to buy his own clubs but loves going to the range with me to hit balls... i let him sling my old set... ive actually got him out on the course a few times borrowing my old set... i think he's on the fence about picking up the sport so i encourage him all i can... if the bug hits him... he'll eventually get his own gear or "buy" my old set... so far the only thing he's gotten gear wise has been balls... ive even given him old gloves to use... i think its cool getting other ppl to enjoy what i love and seeing their faces when they hit a decent shot

yea ill definately just let him use my old set from now on and offer to let him buy me a round of golf and maybe he can just keep my old set. haha the clubs aren't that bad at all, i just wanted something a bit newer with better club faces.

In my Datrek Cart Bag (soon to be replaced):

Driver: Lynx 2008 Predator Ti (10.5*, Regular Flex)
Woods: Walter Hagen AWS (3 Wood)
Hybrids: Walter Hagen MS2 Hybrids w/ graphite shafts (18*, 22*)Irons: Walter Hagen MS2 Irons w/ graphite shaftsWedges: 56* Taylor Made rac w/ steel shaft ; 52* Slazenger...

First, you started this thread insisting we discuss opinions about sharing clubs ON THE COURSE or the range, not just on the range.

first - i was just curious about other ppls opinions about sharing clubs on the course or the range...i didn't know being curious and starting a discussion about it was that big of a deal. if you dont want to take part in it, dont post. thats the beautiful thing about internet forums. you read what you want, and discuss what you want. when u dont want to read/discuss something, all you have to do is hit the back button.

second - i didn't know i had to lay my reasoning out for wanting to start a discussion. i didn't know my reasoning behind starting this thread was even neccessary for anyone else to know in order for this to be discussed. third - well...no point in really commenting on a statment made by a purely ignorant person. fourth - i'm sorry i wasted your time....nobody made you read the thread...nobody made you come back to this thread. like i said earlier, if you don't think it is a topic worth discussing, then dont post in the thread.
In my Datrek Cart Bag (soon to be replaced):

Driver: Lynx 2008 Predator Ti (10.5*, Regular Flex)
Woods: Walter Hagen AWS (3 Wood)
Hybrids: Walter Hagen MS2 Hybrids w/ graphite shafts (18*, 22*)Irons: Walter Hagen MS2 Irons w/ graphite shaftsWedges: 56* Taylor Made rac w/ steel shaft ; 52* Slazenger...

For someone not playing that seriously and putting down their handicap I don't see the problem with this. Many people play in 100-120 and just having fun. If they are able to share clubs without slowing down the play too much I'm okay with it.

Exactly, golf is a fun game. Anyone who as an inkling for the game will put together a set for $30 if they want toat a garage sale. I have no problem with people sharing clubs as long as they move at a decent pace.

Now having said that....I haven't seen anyone sharing clubs in over 8 years...so it's a non issue.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Alot of courses also rent out clubs for like 5 bux a round.

I can see maybe borrowing a club here or there for a particular shot but sharing a whole set I think would just slow play.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

I personally dont have a problem with it, but at every course I have ever played on they dont allow you to share clubs.
It usually says in the clubhouse or on the scorecard that each player much have their own set of clubs.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

As long as you realise that the term "partners" here refers to players in a team, like an American or Canadian Foursomes competition.

Other than that, you can't do it without penalty.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I have my own set of clubs, but last summer I didn't have any wedges in my bag, so I'd use my friends whenever I needed to hit a wedge shot. It did not slow up play at all. In fact, it might actually have sped it up because I was much better with his 56 degree from 75 yards in than I was trying to use my PW.

Some clubs forbid it. If you keep up the pace of play then the only problem that I could see is if you both need the same club and far away from each other. Then it could be a time thing.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

I do this with my regular parnter. We each have our own full set, but we pull from each other's bag if we need to or want to give something a try. We'll use each other's drivers/woods off the tee and stuff. We're both welcome to w/e, but we both prefer our own clubs for the most part.

I do the same with certain guys, not all. If I get something new and he want's the try it, no problem and vise a versa. But with guys I know who will not damage my clubs.

well i started this thread because all last year a good friend of mine would tag along with me to the range every once in a while and use my clubs to hit since he doesnt have his own. for some unknown reason, he wouldnt go buy his own clubs and he had no desire to ever try to improve enough to be able to get out on the course with me. i refuse to even offer to take him on a course because even after a year of going to the range with me he still has no concept of how far he hits each club and he is unbelievable inconsistent...not to mention any club past a 7 iron he has the potential to slice 50+ yds on any given swing.

I think it's totally cool to share on the Range, but on the course he should rent some clubs from the Club house or borrow his own set. If you hit your shot to the left and his is on the right, it will slow down play if the club he needed was the same one he needs.

But you say he's a hack, then I probably wouldn't let him hit my good clubs. I have some old spares sitting around that I would let him hit. But not my current ones, especially if he's that bad. I made that mistake once. I had 2 sky marks on the top of my previous Driver.... Never again. Only a select few friends will borrow my clubs.

This is just like the Augusta thread. On golf forums you get flooded with the over reactive mindset that always defaults at restriction, the "just say no" mentality combined with absurd fearful projections, in this case delay of play. It must feel wonderful because it's such an automatic, like the occasional iron cover threads and the rootless guys who can't wait to denounce them.

Share clubs. I do it with my dad and friends all the time. What are we endangering, a handicap index? LOL.

I've never known a course that would allow 2 players to share clubs. It's always a given that each player has his own clubs. I've known guys to share a driver on the tee box. While it's against the rules, it doesn't impact pace of play so it's no big deal if it's just a causal round.

But what happens if one player hooks his drive left and the other slices right? Now you have 2 guys whose balls are some 100+ yards apart who both need the same club at the same time. Just won't fly on any course I've ever played. Nothing over-reactive about it.

On the range.... who cares??

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First, you started this thread insisting we discuss opinions about sharing clubs ON THE COURSE or the range, not just on the range.

Correction,

you wasted your own time by first reading the entire post, all the replies, and then thinking you had to reply with your negative perception. The fault is your own. It's a message board where many topics are discussed, if one doesn't agree with you, simply pass it by.
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Correction,

Well said.

But chances are if you have to loan clubs to someone, they are not experienced or a very good payer and are going to be clubbed up from what you need for your next shot anyway. Even if you are both say 150 out, you may pull 7i while they are hitting a 3 wood.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Unwritten rule? It's pretty much posted somehow on every golf course. It's like going skiing without skis. You can't share them out there, you don't get to the top of the mountain and say to your friend, let me bum a ski. Gotta have your own bag.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But what happens if one player hooks his drive left and the other slices right? Now you have 2 guys whose balls are some 100+ yards apart who both need the same club at the same time. Just won't fly on any course I've ever played.

If your sharing clubs and walking then i might have a problem with it. But if that was me, i would give him a club i knew i didn't need and let him walk to his ball with only that one club. If he is that big a hack it won't really matter what club he has.

If they have a cart i can't see how it would slow down play except on the putting green.

Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!