IGNORED

Logos Down?

Konrad
Note: This thread is 6542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Ping G5 came with the shaft logo facing back (away from the face). I assume Ping and/or Aldila does it on purpose so that the others in your group can read it as they stand behind you on the tee.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well the tour players (most of them including tiger) turn there grips name down because they dont get money from them so they thru them face down or sand off the golf pride name. same for the shafts now.. I do it when the customer asks or on mine because the huge name with different colors annoys me..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I still don't understand why aiming the logo on a club shaft can actually help your swing??? Do pro's do it for advertising reasons or does it actually help something???
My Bag
Driver: Dunlop Invicta 10.5˚ (Graphite Shaft)
3&5 wood: Lancer Oversize (Graphite)
Irons: Titleist 990 (Steel)
Wedge: Ram FX 57˚(Graphite)Putter: Ram Accubar AB-2Ball: Nike Juice

Pet peeves...
Not repairing ball marks and divots
Not putting out (inside the leather is good)
And most of all, ugly beer cart gilrs

In The Bag:
R7 425 10.5 Fujikara ReAx stiff
3,5 Wood Aldila NV 75s
Rescue Dual 16 deg 3i hyb
R7 XD steel/stiff 52deg and 56deg TP White Hot XG 2 ballHome Course: River Crossing

i am also a teen, but i do have my pet peeves on the course.

1) the people who just constantly use mulligans. like on every other shot..

2) slow play. dear lord, this is so aggrivating. to me it really screws up my play. cuz what happens is that your sitting there at your ball, for like 5 mins, and all your doing is just thinking about the shot. taking practice swings, and thinking about thr shot some more. to much thinking isnt good!

3) Idiot Adults(no offense). if any teens are on this forum, maybe you know what i mean. ok so lets say me and my pal are playing one day and this really slow foursome is in front of us. all thru the first three holes we hint to them that theyre really slow, and that we are getting frusterated, but they wont let you pass. they like ignore you, all most like they just dont flat out respect you cuz your ''younger then them'' and a ''child''. But then whats really fun is when we do catch up with them big time and they HAVE to let us pass, we hit our drives and they stand in awe. cuz most of the guys out there we can beat.

so yeah... thats my $0.02

2) slow play. dear lord, this is so aggrivating. to me it really screws up my play

Young players with no patience, lol.

Seriously though, the only thing that really bugs me is when people want to talk to me about work while I'm playing. I try to leave the office at the office - the other day I was already in my preshot and one of the old guys rolled up in his cart and started asking me about cases I was working on. I wanted to throw him and his cart in the canal. I don't really care for playing with guys that get too mad either. Short blowups don't bother me - it's the guys that just seethe and can't let the bad shot from two holes past go. And it really irritates me when that guy is on my team and is killing us on the bet.

In my bag:
Driver - 905T, 9.5* UST V2 75 s
Fairway - X Tour 15*, Fuji TP 26.3 x
Hybrid - Rescue Dual TP, 16* Diamana Rayon x
Irons - 4-pw X-18 PS Rifle 6.5Wedges - MpT BNi, 51.08, 56.13, 60.10Putter(s) - Puku BellyBall - Bridgestone Tour B330-S

1. excess alcohol on the course

Hey Rafi, does Red Bull count?

In seriousness, that is one of my big pet peeves. I don't understand how someone can drop $20-30 on top of a $45 round of golf just to get plastered. We have a guy in league that does it every week and I loathe playing with him. Another pet peeve of mine is two people in a cart that drive to each other's ball and watch each other hit. GET OUT OF THE F#*@ING CART AND HIT WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN. The last one - and it's been covered numerous times - is people that don't know golf etiquette. I know that some people only get out a couple times a year, but for god's sake, shut up while I'm getting ready to hit. This will coincide with the drunks that Rafi, myself and everyone knows. I'm also a quiet type of golfer. When I'm on the course, I'm concentrating on the task at hand. I don't care to talk about work, your kids grades, that your dog has the runs...I've paid good money to play golf. Golf talk is fine and if it is a slow round, sure we can chat...but not the entire time.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate riding carts. Absolutely cannot stand it. I've been in Florida the last 3 days and haven't been able to walk one course. I just can't enjoy my game as much if I hit, run to the cart, drive off and hit again. I also don't like not having my bag next to my ball as I think about my next shot.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

My biggest pet peeve is when you lose a ball or are busy looking for your ball and they go ahead and hit and walk up to the green. When i'm playing with my friends i sometimes do it, but none of us really mind i dont think, but when i'm playing in a 36 hole tournament it really bugs me. On one hole i was hitting a shot from 100 yards out, after hitting a ball in the water i believe, and one of the guys in my group was literally tending the flag for me. I was extremely close to either pulling out my 3 iron or trying to purposefully blade my pitching wedge to give him a scare....and i was playing bad enough that day.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

3) Idiot Adults(no offense). if any teens are on this forum, maybe you know what i mean. ok so lets say me and my pal are playing one day and this really slow foursome is in front of us. all thru the first three holes we hint to them that theyre really slow, and that we are getting frusterated, but they wont let you pass. they like ignore you, all most like they just dont flat out respect you cuz your ''younger then them'' and a ''child''. But then whats really fun is when we do catch up with them big time and they HAVE to let us pass, we hit our drives and they stand in awe. cuz most of the guys out there we can beat.

I understand what you are saying. I'm 20 now, and still deal with it some. It was worse when I was younger. One time, I was on the course with only about 5 other groups. A group of 4 guys together started slowing me up on the 3rd hole. I kept trying to pass them(putting quickly, not putting short putts), but they would literally all hit at the same time just to get off the tee so I couldn't pass. Finally, on #16 their drives were short, and I just hit it over them and walked past them. I had never done that before, and will never do it again, but I could have played in 3 hours at most, and it took me almost 5.

Now, their are good enough teens at the course I play, it isn't a problem b/c they expect you to be good, but it wasn't like that a few years ago.

Note: This thread is 6542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!