IGNORED

Masters Online & TV Coverage

SpacklersEdge
Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had to post this. I was just getting my kids dressed, and my 5 yo daughter said "I'll take care of Beckett (my son) while you are on the computer watching golf........daddy, why are you watching it on the computer when the TV's over there?" I said " Its the best tourney of the year and it's not on TV till later" she said and I quote " if its such a big deal why isnt it on TV all day?" FROM A 5 YO. GEEZ GET THE TV COVG. TOGETHER. What would we be interrupting. 4 straight hours of sportscenter, billiards, previously cancelled sitcoms?

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.masters.com/en_US/console...ndex.html&alt;=

This is the exact link I am watching "the corner" on.

MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

No, I'm 15.

Just wondering if your age correlates to your immaturity, it appears to.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

This is outrages, THE LEADER and Tiger are on the course RIGHT NOW! All Golf Channel can do is give updates...PGA needs to figure this out!
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

This is outrages, THE LEADER and Tiger are on the course RIGHT NOW! All Golf Channel can do is give updates...PGA needs to figure this out!

Yeah why wouldn't the GOLF Channel have the full coverage???? All that is holy in golf is on right now with just B.S. coverage.

Just wondering if your age correlates to your immaturity, it appears to.

Swearing in no way correlates to maturity or immaturity. So get off your soap box

But I see everyones point on the scoring. I understand that the Masters of all majors has always been the scoring one. People love to hear the roars. But like some of you said...they should all be able to score with prime weather conditions, firm fairways, receptive greens etc... ok. If that's the case then why can't they do it with long rough, concrete greens and shaved banks? THEY CAN! And that's what should separate the champion from the contender. That's all I'm saying. EDIT: And Flanagan if it makes you feel better I will stop swearing. The more I think about there's no need for it to be written. Only in certain circumstances :)

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

it's terrible.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

Having the ability to choose which holes to view, even though limited - this is the sort of thing the networks should do in the future - the technology is there. You can follow a player or choose to follow the mainstream/leaders coverage. The low key-ish announcing is nice too - not too talky, lots of golf shots. Plus no commercials. I like the on-line better than the TV coverage although the commentary from Feherty isn't there.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, but you only get to see those 5 holes and the players that are at those holes at the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching online, but I keep hearing roars in the background wondering wtf just happened.

US Open TV Commentator

for a major the winning score should be at most 2/3 under par and should be actually around level! majors are supposed to be difficult! NOT with a player having the chance to break a course record of 9 under!

I completely disagree... At Augusta w/ good conditions I like to see around 7-12 under... The US Open is traditionally hard and should stay that way. The PGA, should be hard, but not US Open hard. The British should depend on weather, good weather yielding crazy low scores, bad weather yielding high scores. I like that the 4 majors all offer something different.

With all due respect that's a ridiculous statement... The best players in the world shouldn't shoot low scores in a major championship? Nicklaus' 63 in 1st round in 1980 US Open at Baltusrol - Miller's final round 63 at Oakmont in '73 to win the US Open - Player's 64 in the last round of The Masters to win in '78... I could go on... Yeah, let's not count those rounds, that just shouldn't happen at a major championship... That's crazy talk

Thank you for those prime examples... weather has a ton to do with it... every golfer should know that.

But I see everyones point on the scoring. I understand that the Masters of all majors has always been the scoring one. People love to hear the roars. But like some of you said...they should all be able to score with prime weather conditions, firm fairways, receptive greens etc... ok. If that's the case then why can't they do it with long rough, concrete greens and shaved banks? THEY CAN! And that's what should separate the champion from the contender. That's all I'm saying.

I don't think you do see the point... low scoring is OK if weather permits such. The cream will still rise. The Masters with long rough and concreate greens would be stupid... and it does have shaved banks. Don't worry the wind is up today, pin placements will get harder... it'll all be fine... even if Chad can hang in there.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Nice Master's Live coverage. Let's quit ten minutes before the ESPN coverage starts.

Seemed like they started late also on the first group of players on 11...We were pissed...trying to reload the page like some kind of junkies until it came on. Now...having said that I think the computer coverage is far superior than the TV coverage, you almost feel like you are there. Plus just one announcer in a calm voice, and non stop golf shots, no cuts to Butler Cabin or close up views of Hogan Bridge, then Nick talking about Tiger, blah, blah, blah...just golf shots, and many different camera angles than the ones you see for 4 straight days. Cutting out before CBS came on blew chunks, so I went from Masters Extra back to Amen Corner. Typical Masters, they will spoonfeed us a little more every year. I am just glad to see the first couple holes live on the computer.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

the big 5 hours tomorrow! cant wait!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Nice Master's Live coverage. Let's quit ten minutes before the ESPN coverage starts.

As they have every time since the service started. There is also a ten minute gap in the US Open coverage when they switch from ESPN to NBC and back again. I guess the announcers and tv crews need a moment for lunch.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

• 2 years later...

So Live Coverage on Masters.com  of the par3 contest was delayed de to weather..but put something on??  I heard them say "lets watch last years par 3 contest while we wait" then BOOM, no workie in  the interwebs...

Originally Posted by Th3R00st3r

So Live Coverage on Masters.com  of the par3 contest was delayed de to weather..but put something on??  I heard them say "lets watch last years par 3 contest while we wait" then BOOM, no workie in  the interwebs...

Sky TV showed "most" of the time a sign "technical difficulties" and then the lightnings came and play was cancelled.

Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!