IGNORED

Cost of Golf in You Area

Iowa Hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another thread got me thinking, whats it cost on average to play a round where you live?

In Iowa

Public 18 + cart
Weekday, non peak: 25-40
Weekend, Peak:35-55

Private 18+ Cart
Weekday, non peak: 50-75
Weekend, Peak: 65-80

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

First of all... I'm in the Charlotte, NC area... and prices vary a great deal.

walking a muni type course...
$12-20 weekdays
$15-25 weekends
add about $10-15 for a cart

nicer public courses...
$30-50 to ride during the week
$50-85 to ride on weekends

of course we have twilight specials, college discounts, ladies days, etc.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

You guys have it so freakin easy!!! ARGH!!

My home course, which isn't all that great is:

Weekdays: 36/walk 50/ride
Friday/Weekend: 46/walk 60/ride

www.santateresagolf.com

Now, the course is decent, but if I want to step up to something a little better, and this is by no means top notch:

weekdays: 60/walk 80/ride
friday/weekend: 90/walk 105/ride

www.cinnabarhills.com

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I mostly ride so these are riding costs

Home: Cinder Ridge
Weekday 42
Twilight 30
Weekend 52

Other: Nettle Creek
Weekday 42
Twilight 36
Weekend 52

Other: High Point, 9 hole course super cheap and really nice
Weekday 31
Twilight 25(weekday) 30(weekend)
Weekend 37

Grundy County, Illinois about an hour south of chicago not too shabby

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

nine is about $20 walking ...
18 can range anywhere from $21-$65 walking depending on Weekday/Weekend/Twilight ... but that is the Seacoast of NH for you ... it's kinda expensive up here ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

15mins away - Woburn Golf Club - about £140
and the pro? try Ian Poulter!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

One downfall to golf year round is that the prices are way up in those areas

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

There's five courses in my county ($35 for a County card) and there's good variation. Public obviously. Here's the prices:
$22-$32 weekday, $17-$22 twilight
$27-$42 weekend, $22-$32 twilight

The more expensive prices are for this one private course that the county bought, so it's a bit nicer. A gas cart is $24 or $12 twilight and pull carts are $5.

It's awesome being 15. Junior Rates.

Bay Path - $20
Heritage - $20
Quail Hollow - $16
Bedrock - $30
Leicester CC - $15
Pine Ridge - $20
Kettlebrook - $20 monday-thursday (awesome course)
Blissful Meadows - $20 (awesome course)

The only course that isn't great is Bay Path.

4 courses within 12 miles. Anywhere from $20-30 walking and $35-$50 with a cart.

Northern New York (Potsdam/Canton)

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I don't know how some of you guys can afford to play regularly at those rates.

I'm on a military post here in Alabama, and even for civilians the rates are quite low: $20 for 18 on a weekday, $22 on a weekend. I pay $715/year for a membership that gets me unlimited greens fees. I never use a cart, but that's another $12.

Up until a few months ago I was living in Boston. The cheapest courses I played around there were roughly $25-30 for 18 holes. I thought that was expensive. Other places I've played in Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas were all cheaper.

I'm sure that none of the courses I play are great, but they are championship length and good enough for me.

Tim

I don't know how some of you guys can afford to play regularly at those rates.

Yeah even the "reasonable" $40 weekend with a cart gets out of hand if you want to play both days on a weekend. My home course is $40 with a cart but $150 a month membership gets unlimited greens/carts 7 days/wk so I just show up and play. Even if it's about to get dark when I get off work I'll still go play the first 2 holes until I can't see. No way I could justify $25 an evening (twilight rate) even if I did have the time so the membership really helps...

In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

depends up here in boston. I can play shitty courses for around 20 bucks, but i usually dont, because i have a membership to one. Nice courses such as granite links and pinehills and farm neck on the vineyard cost around 100-170 depending on the time etc. I get to play wicked nice courses like ones mentioned above for very cheap in junior tournaments, around 35-45, it depends.

Germany:

Weekday: 45€ for 18 walking
Weekend: 55-60 € for 18 walking

At the moment 45€ equals 60 $

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

We have fewer private courses in the great NW.

Generally $30-$40 per round (walking) for many courses especially the munis and the older courses. However you can get up there. Chambers Bay, Tacoma is $170 on the weekend, $140 on weekday. There are several courses in the $50-100 range.

Most courses do not have any season passes or the like. A few have punch cards.

The only smart thing may be to take advantage of the twilight rates. Due to our latitude, dusk is as late as 10PM. So going off at 3PM still leaves you a good chunk of time to complete a round.
Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

Golf in MA ~
Weekday: 40 bux to walk +18 for cart on close to the cheapest courses.
Weekend: 45 bux to walk + 18 cart

Golf in NY ~
Weekday: 36 bux to walk + 16 cart
Weekend: 40 bux to walk + 16 cart

I play the cheapest courses I can. In Atlanta, i had a course I played which was 12.50 for 18 holes with student rate. Those were the days.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Note: This thread is 5512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!