IGNORED

Dottie Pepper is great on The Golf Channel

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

She is on the panel with Brandel Chamblee and Frank Nobilo, and it is a pleasure to listen to the comments of all three. Dottie is pretty incisive and I laughted when she talked about how Johnny Miller predicted that Angel Cabrera wiould contend in this Major. She has said that Johnny is sometimes "off the wall", but he did call this one right.

I have always liked her, and she "has been there and done that", since she won two Majors on the LPGA Tour before a shoulder problem forced her tearfully into retirement. She was a great competitor and the inspirational force on the US Solheim Cup teams.

In my opinion, I would rather hear her than Kelly Tilghman any day of the week.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Yes; she is good on the show and on the course for NBC.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

+1 here here

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

And she looks better than ever, not that she was ever ugly to start with. But then, who looks at a sports announcer or analyst? They are all selected based on their knowledge, intelligence, and speaking ability. That includes the women who are stationed "on the field" during NFL games, where they can intercept the coaches on the way to the locker room at half time----"Tell me, Coach, how does it really feel to be 3 touchdowns behind already?"

She was very impressive. The entire panel was, although Chamblee is the star, with more unique and astute comments than anyone else.

This is what I've been wondering: Was Dottie Pepper a late substitute for Mark Rolfing, after he entered rehab? Rolfing was doing work for Golf Channel before that incident, plenty of panel assignments.

She was very impressive. The entire panel was, although Chamblee is the star, with more unique and astute comments than anyone else.

Good question, and I do not know the answer. It is very possible, and for once, I agree with The Golf Channel in picking Dottie. She is not only knowledgeable, but very candid. Also, she is comfortable in her role, and displays a sense of humor when it is appropriate. I think "the chemistry" among Dottie, Brandel and Frank Nobilo is excellent.

I think "the chemistry" among Dottie, Brandel and Frank Nobilo is excellent.

I think this is a good point.

The more I see of Chamblee, the more I think he is the future chief talking head of golf. I don't know what he is like in real life, but on the tube he is knowledgable and personable. I foresee a short career on TGC in favor of a network role, if he wants it.

just think... nbc has us open coverage so she will be on the course for all the rounds.

Speed LD F Stiff Shaft 9.5*
3dx dc 2 ironwood 17*
3dx dc 4 ironwood 23*
710 AP1 5 - P
50.08 Spin Milled CC 56.11 Spin Milled CC 60.04 Spin Milled CCDual Force 2 Putter #1 Pro V1xForget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

just think... nbc has us open coverage so she will be on the course for all the rounds.

I am looking forward to seeing her at Bethpage, in person. My son and I talked to her at the Women's Open at the Newport Country Club a few years ago. She is very interesting to talk to, and very friendly, if she has the time, while she is busy doing research for the tournament. We talked to her on the Wednesday practice round prior to the start of the tournament. I asked her to pose for a photo, and she said, "Sure, why not?"

I agree. She is an insightful, intelligent and respected commentator. I'm a bit of a convert.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

+1 for Dottie....as you mentioned she's got the creds from having been there and done that!!!!

She's not scared to reel in Miller, too.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!