IGNORED

Sergio Garcia is a punk

apex53
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Totally agree. I think his attitude is probably the main reason he has done basically nothing with his extreme talent.

I wanted to punch him in the teeth for his bitchfest after he lost the open championship

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioning excuses like the course is bad and that stuff at his level I think is not an option. Around here we use to say "El que es gallo, donde quiera canta"... I don't know the exact translation to that, but maybe this one fits "The one that is a rooster, it sings anywhere".

That means that if you are really good in what you do, you will perform well anywhere, just like Tiger. It's a shame that Sergio behaves like that.

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Sergio can blame whoever or whatever he wants but we all know it's really all about his putting.

True that!!!!

Sergio should seek a sponsorship from Pampers or something....whines and cries out like a child. I can't wait for him to let Boo keep score for him again. I still haven't forgiven Sergio for the "spitting in the hole" incident. Total punk behavior.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I don't really like his attitude but I gotta respect the talent (besides the putting...lol). Everyone complained about the course during the practice round. It kinda pissed the staff off but it didn't stop the course from pitching in on a great Sunday...

----------------------------------------------------------------
What's in My Bag?
Driver - R9 460 10.5* UST Proforce V2
F Wood - SQ2 3W 15* UST Proforce V2
Hybrid - Baffler DWS 20* Fujikura SpeederIrons - Pro CB (4-PW) Project X 6.0Wedges - CG14 52* CG12 56* & CG15 DSG 60* Putter - Studio...

Do not worry we will be ready for Mr.Garcia at Bethpage next month.We New Yorkers have long memories.

Wow, just... wow.

It's sad to see that not everyone in the game of golf is a gentelmanly as the likes of Phil Mickelson, Angel Cabrera and co. fans, and Garcia included. You call Sergio a 'punk' for his behaviour and despise him for it, but then threaten to (and do) heckle him when he plays near you. Isn't that just slghtly hypocritical? I realise Garcia is a brat in front of the cameras, but that doesn't mean he is like that all the time. Maybe he is just nervous in front of cameras and messes up alot? I don't know him personally, do you? Whats the big deal with the spit in the cup incident anyway? I still don't get it... Golfers are afraid to pick a ball up when it *may* have saliva on it (the bottom of a cup is full of slats, so there actually being any spit on a ball is highly unlikely), but they will happily pick up a ball covered in goodness only knows how many chemicals and fertilisers the course is lathered in.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Because Garcia is the only golfer on tour to have spat on a golf course..... Tiger does it a number of times a round.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

At the end of his career when he's wondering, why did it take me so long to win a major or why didn't I win more of them all he has to do is look in the mirror for the answer.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because Garcia is the only golfer on tour to have spat on a golf course..... Tiger does it a number of times a round.

Cameras picked him out doing it

three times on the 18th last Thursday...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

it even showed chad campbell doing it the other day!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Administrator

Uhm, big difference.

Loved the Pampers comment earlier. If anyone finds this clip on YouTube, post it here. This will probably be our Forum Topic of the Week in the podcast.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think spitting is the issue, it's hawking up a big ol' loogie and spitting directly into the cup... I spit on the course quite a bit chewing tobacco but the grass will absorb it... A plastic or metal cup? Not so much... What Garcia did was a blatant act of disrespect... I have seen Tom Watson spit tobacco on the greens at Augusta, but not directly into the hole as a sign of defiance

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Just saw the interview with Garcia. Jeez what a crybaby - you would expect such an attitude from a teenager but not from a guy who is almost 30...

Regarding the spitting stuff - i was wondering, Tiger didnt spit on the green, did he? It sure looked in one incident that he just stood very close to the green while letting off a big one...
Whats the big deal with the spit in the cup incident anyway? I still don't get it...

Are you serious?

Lots of people take a pee on the course when they have to - no problem with that, they just go in the bushes and do their business - but that doesnt mean they pee anywhere on the course and especially not on the green or in the cup just because they feel the sudden urge of it. If you feel you need to get rid of any body fluids, go to the sidelines, everything else is just disgusting! Do you just spit in the corner of your living room, cuz you dont want to go into the bathroom?

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

There's a big difference between spitting somewhere on the course and spitting into the cup. It was a childish act and obviously not his last.

We're bitching about Sergio here, not Tiger!

But sergio spit in the CUP.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I keep trying to like Sergio, and then he does something like this latest whine fest and he goes right back down. I found his comments surprising given the winning score was -12; he's saying the course is tricked up, and complaining about mud on his ball etc... I wasn't aware he was playing a different course from the rest of the field; he really seems to feel the world is against him and that he deserves more. They also mentioned the number of majors he has been without a win, and he is getting within a few of where Phil is before he won his first at the Masters. Do you think Sergio will end up being the Monty of his generation?

No more climbing up in my books, he's now on the bench permanently for me liking him.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I keep trying to like Sergio, and then he does something like this latest whine fest and he goes right back down. I found his comments surprising given the winning score was -12; he's saying the course is tricked up, and complaining about mud on his ball etc... I wasn't aware he was playing a different course from the rest of the field; he really seems to feel the world is against him and that he deserves more. They also mentioned the number of majors he has been without a win, and he is getting within a few of where Phil is before he won his first at the Masters.

Good call on that.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

he had me at mudballs. f***in faggot.

P.S. I've said some harsh things about Padraig in the past, but I think he's a class act and I will root for him in many tournaments to come. Great guy!!

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!