IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just checked the Duramed results for the weekend. Caroline finished t41 at +7. Gerina missed the cut with a 152 over 36 holes. Brenda didn't enter.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blair was just interviewed By Tim Brando on his radio show! A nice interview...I just don't understand why some folks think that she lacks personality.

For those that did not hear it the interview should be available at the Brando show web site.

But i thought her Cardboard comment was spot on. I would rather see someone speak her mind than pull punches. Blair does seem a bit empty to me. I saw her interview on Golf channel, and she struck me as boring there as well. It also bothers me when she says her "dream is to play on the LPGA tour", but then she talks about how she hasn't played much golf the last 2 years because she is modeling... makes no sense to me.

The "cardboard" comment struck me as catty, and not catty in a good way but catty in a "I don't like her because she's attractive and everything comes easier for her" kind of way. This is very common behavior among women. It's amazing how much attitude an attractive women can receive in the most innocent of settings. Not that I'm saying Brenda is all that, but it's pretty obvious she was underestimated by a lot of the people on the show. As to following her dream that doesn't preclude her from still having to pay her bills. If nothing else this tells me she's got serious game if she can do well without devoting herself to golf 24/7.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

• Administrator
Is this a Big Break thread, or a Canadian Tour thread? You can't tell by some of these off-topic posts.

They're not off-topic. They're talking about the contestants on the Big Break. We're not talking about Canadian Tour events - we're talking about the players, some of whom happen to play in Canadian Tour events.

I'm a big stickler for staying on-topic (as y'all know), and this isn't off.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have Brian as a friend on Facebook. Pretty entertaining.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

god io love brian ...and hrm dereck's being a pretty big vagine about the fist pumping thing ;x and this episode has pretty much solidified in my mind that none of the cast members like blair

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

What is the problem with the fist pumping thing? I really can't see what the problem is, if I am over a putt with a little preasure and I have made the putt I've done it, and I'm sure most of you fellow golfers out there have, I think it is a kind of a preasure releif valve, why someone should get offended or upset is beyond me.

What do you guys (and gals) think??

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

Derek: " unless I Van de Velde it in.." LOL I'm going to start using that.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Derek played out of his skin, fair play to him, but I would have prefered Blair to win, maybe it's because I like blonds lol.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I know we've all done the fistpumps, but I guess if your a pro golfer, its kind of an eagle/hole in one/18th hole clutch putt kinda thing. Or at least thats the idea I was getting from what Derek was saying. Basicly, hey, I just beat you through the front 9, solidly, its not time to start fist pumping yet, theres 8 more holes to play.

I dont think its a big deal either, but derek was just building some steam to play on I think.

Either way, he played solid golf and I was quite impressed. Nice win, and he's from Canada, so im pretty happy for him.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I know we've all done the fistpumps, but I guess if your a pro golfer, its kind of an eagle/hole in one/18th hole clutch putt kinda thing. Or at least thats the idea I was getting from what Derek was saying. Basicly, hey, I just beat you through the front 9, solidly, its not time to start fist pumping yet, theres 8 more holes to play.

I was wondering about Derek's comment about the fist pump so

I asked him tonight about it . It looked like his comment was a bit "staged" for drama. Also, it was wierd showing him in two different interview sessions - one with the lockers behind and one with some nautical stuff behind him. I asked him about that too. But mostly I asked him how it felt being 100K richer! I'm very happy for my fellow Canuck!

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

I think the fist pump thing totally worked against Blair. You don't get yourself that pumped up after one hole. Yes, there's nothing wrong with showing emotion and giving a little pump when it matters. Like, if that was a clutch 5 foot par putt later in the round and she had to make it or else risk going down another shot... then maybe I could see a fist pump. But a 5 foot birdie putt straight up the hill on the first hole? A par 5 nonetheless? That should just be routine for a pro golfer.

Seems like it got Derek a little fired up too. You don't need to give that guy any more ammo.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

How stupid is Blair? First of all, she's down by 3 shots on the 7th hole and she's "playing safe" with an iron off of the tee. Only thing is she doesn't even hit the fairway with an iron. Why not try and bomb a driver down there and even if it's in the rough it's a much shorter shot. And then she absolutely shanks her approach, and hits a mediocre bunker shot. She's terrible.

Derek kept hitting quality shot after quality shot. The only bad hole was the 7th (16th). He definitely deserved to win.

I've only watched bits and pieces of the show this season, but caught last night's final epi. I was cringing all along when seeing their reactions to what the other player was doing and reacting to it. I've never played for that amount of scratch, granted, but I think they would have been better off focusing on their own game. IMHO

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How stupid is Blair? First of all, she's down by 3 shots on the 7th hole and she's "playing safe" with an iron off of the tee. Only thing is she doesn't even hit the fairway with an iron. Why not try and bomb a driver down there and even if it's in the rough it's a much shorter shot. And then she absolutely shanks her approach, and hits a mediocre bunker shot. She's terrible.

I have to agree with this. I was sitting there wondering what in the world was going through her mind. I mean she can hit the ball 300 freeking yards, and she needs birdie... and she's laying up to give herself an 8i? Bomb it down there!!! She missed like 3 fairways the whole show doing that... come on...

I think watching the show you could tell the fist pump thing was an attempt to bring in some interest for the finale. Derek likes everyone, even Brian, who is so annoying (but incredibly hillarious!) I doubt the pump actually got him all that annoyed. I bet he thought it was a bit pitiful to be honest. I did think it was a bit odd that Blair would give a pump on the first hole... you don't really see any pro athletes do that sort of thing, and its for a reason.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Wow, this is a tough crowd. Comments such as Blair is terrible are simply not true as are comments that Derek played out of his skin.

Since the last day was basically a broken 18 holes, I believe Derek was -2 on the day and Blair was +4 or 5. I am sure both can play better than they did, but both did enough in my mind to validate their ability.

I guess I am a bit stunned at how 10+ handicaps can be so cavalier about someone else's game. Its fine to make comments like he/she may not have what it takes to make it on tour, but to call someone terrible?

Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!