IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my 3 wood seems to go a lot further right than it used too, my swing is dropping at the top of the backswing and my body is racing ahead.. as a result im slicing the ball a lot more.. .
working to shorten my backswing and everything is starting to click into space ,, amazing what a difference a little adjustment can make..

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

I am working on my finish. I have worked on it for at least a year. I am trying to get left and stay balanced until the ball lands (hopefully on the fairway or green).

If you have ever seen the Taylormade Burner irons commercial with Nick Faldo hitting at the range. Watch his finish, it is so much like butter, I am working on finishing my swing like that, it feels amazing when you do it. This is the full testing video prob 5min long. This is NOT a promo for those irons but his swing is truely sweet

Go to youtube and type nick faldo taylormade

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Same thing I have worked on for the last several decades... try never to hit a shot with lazy legs, even the less than full shots.

RC

Well this is my frst post. I have been trying over the last month to stay consistant with each swing. I was battling a long iron/driver slice for 6 weeks but that seems to be cured. I just have been working on hitting all of my clubs the same way every time.....That and Im on the verge of breaking 90 so I get more pumped every round. 89 here I come!

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I should put my two things in here, duh...

^

This, especially with longer clubs, is paying dividends right now.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

1) Controlled swing with all clubs (not rushing the downswing). Has increased my iron yardage 5-10 yards, and I wasn't short to start with. Who'd a thunk, lol!

2) Getting the club back and then up, and not too flat. Sometimes I wouldn't even be getting my hands above my shoulder.

3) Initiating the down swing with the lower body...not my arms.

4) Alignment...alignment...alignment!

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

On a general note, my backswing is, at times, uneasy and needs work. Particular shots I'm working on are my drive and approaches from 100yds in.

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.

Back to the thing I should have got right to start with: my grip.

I used to curl my right fingers around the grip and press my thumb against the right side of the shaft. Working on getting my pointer in that hook shape and my thumb on the left side of the shaft, forming a V towards my right shoulder.

Was able to see results with my old grip, but I'd often slice my driver and hybrid pretty hard. This grip change has made all the difference.

...it just hurts as I'm getting used to it! My hand doesn't like that position, but I know I have to work through it because it's correct.

i have to work on my approach and short game... they blow.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

shooting under par!

focusing on putting and up and downs

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Been striking the ball very inconsistently recently and in a moment of inspiration, decided to stand a touch closer (2-3") to the ball. Awesome. Consistent divots, consistent strike.....occasional s***k ( ) which I need to work on avoiding! Still, definite potential; need to see if the improvement sticks around more than the odd bag of balls.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am working on my back swing, and have been all year.

Them swings were barely different. Both way to high of a backswing. Left arm shold be straight right arm 90 degree and then turn you wrist up. Your bending your left arm and bringing the club way up over your head, you also have major over the top and come off of your swing plane bad. I would definitly see a golf pro and get your swing checked out. Not to sound like a %$^& but you need more lessons. I have had them and so have alot of people on here. You need to get that swing fixed. I would be really shocked if you told me you do not slice the ball every swing. You must be an awesome putter to have a handicapp index of 11.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

I am working on my back swing, and have been all year.

Good job using videos. That's the first step. The three biggest points I would mention in order you must work on them:

1. Firm up your right side. You slide quite a bit on the way back. Let the left knee kick in some and turn your hips, emphasis on the TURN. You should feel a lot of tightness and effort on the front of your right hip around your right hip pocket. If that muscle is weak, you will slide instead. 2. Do some research on "Reverse Pivot". That's one reason your hands are so high. There is quite a bit of "tilt" in your backswing like you are curving your spine to the left and pinching your left shoulder and left hip together. That makes it easier to get your hands high. Try to imagine that the distance between your left shoulder/left hip bone, and right shoulder/right hip bone stays the same. This ensures that there isn't any tilt in your turn and only TURN. Turn is what gets you on plane. You have a slide. I know because my swing looked quite a bit like yours. 3. When you turn back (Must get #1 and #2 right first) start turning through with the lower body first. When you get to the top, think "turn" until your hands are a little above parallel with the ground. Then swing through hard. Make sure you stay smooth and easy all the way through the transition. Only then should you pour on the power. My 2 cents. Good luck.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I am going through the most difficult swing change of my life which is essentially changing my whole muscle memory. I've gotten into the horrible habit of coming way over the top which results in 10 yard pulls/ pull cuts. So what i'm working on tirelessly is the following:

1) takeaway positions
2) bringing the club back through impact on plane
3) hitting the inner third of the ball

I'm getting my lie angles bent on my irons alittle more upwright as i'm a taller player which should help my cause a bit. Luckily my best friend is a professional so he's been giving me some drills to work on which help. My best advice to anyone is tape your swing and dissect your positions at all points of your swing

My Bag 
Driver:         905R 9.5* Dyamana Whiteboard

3W:            909F2 15.5* Diamana Blueboard

Utility:          Idea Pro Black 18*

Irons 3-PW: 690MB Project X 6.0

Wedges:     Vokey Spin Milled 50*/Vokey Spin Milled 58*

Putter:        Studio Select Newport 1.5

Working on my mental game.

My last outing on a course was pretty damn poor due to being rushed by the ranger and being paired with a near scratch golfer.

Been listening to "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" and I think it's got the right stuff to help me stay in the moment and out of my head.

Thanks for the feedback Bunkerputt. I agree I do all of those things you are saying but up to now only recognized the tilt and not the sway in the right leg at all. The swing thoughts/tips make sense and I am going to try them out soon. I'll post a vid or two following some time at the range to work on it. The other thing I have been working on is lag/whip motion...using the "drag the mop drill" and so far when I follow it and try not to swing too hard it is very effective and I tend to hit the ball properly (compacting it, taking a divot AFTER the ball) and not thin/blade everything as I did previously.

Everything, basically.

1. Utilising hybrids on my long game. I've finally started using them and they are better. Need to place the ball further back in my stance a touch and get a more penetrating flight.

2. Short game. Too many three putts. Must aim to leave myself uphill putts more often instead of going for tightly positioned pins that will nearly always leave downhill putts when I miss.

3. Don't dwell over the ball. Short waggle and strike. I nearly always tense up after more than a couple of seconds.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!