IGNORED

Playing in the rain...

Incognito
Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lots of good suggestions above. Remember that golf in the rain is still golf and what's better than that? If you do get stuck out on the course and there's lightning remember "hold up your 1 iron because even God can't hit a 1 iron." Cheers

Do whatever you have to do to keep your grips dry. The rest is all basically creature comforts.

I keep a waterproof jacket and the most water-resistant hat I have in my bag in case it rains. I always play with an extra towel, but sometimes you'll have to use your shirt or any other dry surface to wipe down grips. I've never cared about pants or shoes--my shoes are waterproof and my shorts will dry eventually. Neither one can affect my grips, so they can't affect my game.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Being in the U.K., we get lots of rain. There's little need for . Good waterproofs and shoes. I don't use a glove in the wet. Umbrella and quite a few towels; I weave towels through the umbrella spokes underneath so the towels stay dry(ish) and use them quite a lot. Stuff your umbrella in your bag top to stop water running down into the grips. If you don't do this, lie your bag down rather than stand it to stop water running in.

Take a club more if it's pretty damp and swing easy!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for all the advice. I took all your advice and went to the course very prepared. Rained for one hole and ended up being a BEAUTIFUL day!

Weather....sooooo unpredictable.

I know this sounds weird but I kind of like playing in the rain when it isn't pouring. There is just something about the sounds of the rain hitting my rain suit that calms me....

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I'm also from NYC. Forecast calls for rain all week, I'm playing tuesday rain or shine. I have rain gear and gloves. It makes all the difference in the world. We played two weeks ago in the rain, some of us were prepared others were not. I highly recommend investing in rain gear. It make for a long miserable day if your wet and cold.

Keep your gloves dry, feet dry, and grips dry.. And if you have an umbrella, yourself dry as best as possible! Also, keep yourself warm if the rain brings in cool weather!

Titleist 907 ; D1
Titleist 695cb ; 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled ; 56*
Scotty Cameron ; Red-X
Titleist Ball ; Pro V1Age ; 16

The rain gloves are a must,unbelievable grip with them,you must wet them though before playing with them.No need for dry grips with them,the wetter the better.I enjoy playing in the rain.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Rain isnt much of a problem for me as long as its a moderate rain and the course isnt a sponge. I just whip on some rain gear and grab an umbrella. Make sure you keep your grips dry and its all good. I usually put my umbrella in one of the slots in my bag while i hit my shot and while im on the green.

The ball doesnt carry the same way in the wet and you cant get the ball as high, so 1 extra club is usally the norm. Thats the only adjustment i make during the rain.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The rain gloves are a must,unbelievable grip with them,you must wet them though before playing with them.No need for dry grips with them,the wetter the better.I enjoy playing in the rain.

Absolutely! Rain gloves are amazing! Another nice thing about the rain gloves is that since they are used so little, they last forever! I bought mine at least 5 years ago for $20. At this rate they should be good for another 5 years. FootJoy Weathersoft, I believe, is the name of mine. I'll just use the left one if it's not too rainy. The only "bitch" about the rain gloves is when you try to retrieve something out of your pocket (tee, ballmark, etc.) it's a battle sometimes.

i love playing in the rain... my lowest score ever was on a wet course...
course is empty...
ground is soft...
not usually blazing hot...
only thing that really sucks is the mud and the thunder/lightening...
and its been thunderstorming all week... so no golf till its "safe"
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I too like playing on rainy days when the course traffic is light and only die hards are out. We played our Wed. night league through intermittent showers. The greens were holding very nice I might add.

BTW - Never use stickum. I tried that years ago and had a hell of a time getting that off my grips and tossed the glove.

- Shane

played today in the mud... forecast called for rain... it was pretty cloudy out but it didnt really start pouring... just a lil drizzle... course was great... nobody behind me at all... ppl in front were probably 3(?) holes ahead... it was great... played 2 balls... took my time and still finished 18 in less than 3 1/2 hrs... only real drawback was plugging a few in the mud and reallly slow greens
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!