IGNORED

*SMACK*. here comes the pain.

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've done something just as bad, not with a golf ball, but...

now im not in the best shape but i played first base and batted cleanup as well haha but one time in an all state tournament i hit a ball sky high foul came down on the tippy top of a telephone pole bounced even higher in the sky and everyone kinda lost it and hit this like 80 year old lady right in the head knocked her out cold, she literally had no idea what hit her.

another time i was getting upset cause everytime i got up to hit this kid would nail me with the ball, he apologized for hitting me while on first base lol and i told him he needs to send one right down the middle for me next time i was up, so i get up and i pointed at him and he smiled and said here it comes, not expecting it, he threw it right down the middle i missed it, he looked at me and kinda gave me a gesture like 1 more, did it again i nailed it............straight into his face. it was HORRIBLE blood sprayed everywhere he started to seizure the ambulance got there and called in the helicopter to take him to a different hospital in washington dc. he had alot of surgery after that, i also pitched a little bit too, i never wanted to pitch again for fear of that happening to me kinda got me a little gun shy. those balls come off those aluminum bats pretty damn fast this was the 15-18 y/o league too

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

My friend hit my grandma at one of my meets and she never came to watch me play again.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

I've not hit anyone, knock on wood, I have been hit once, more of a glancing blow. I was on a green about 40 yards forward and 45 degrees right of a tee box. I had my back to the guy but felt uneasy, I turned my head just as he was swinging and then see the ball coming at me. Basically I just turn my head and shoulders and it glanced off my shoulder and went 100 yards down my fairway.

Hate to admit it but I have hit myself. My drive came to rest on the edge of a pond, if I would have been left handed no problem hitting, but I'm not. I lined up with my back to the target and swing backwards, I caught the ball on the toe, it cracked me on the ankle bone and went in the water. Two weeks and my ankle still aches.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I just got hit on May 4th. I was sitting in the Cart on the tenth fairway waiting for my partner to hit when I am nailed by a ball from the Driving Range on the fly. Hard to do since over 200 over trees even if you hook it. Luckily it hit the top of my shoulder first then bounced off my neck. Two hours later you could still see dimple marks on my shoulder. I got no sympathy, after taking inventory I asked my partner if he heard anyone yell. He said no but he looked back and saw a deaf mute man holding up four fingers.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

i hit myself in the forehead trying to pull off a flop shot with my old 61* wedge on an uphill lie. had the clubface all the way open and the ball was sitting up on a fluffy lie and i swung completely under it... last thing i remember is seeing the word "noodle" then a sharp pain and a bright red light took over me....

from now on i just chip or pitch it up on the green...

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

i got paired with a guy this past weekend, and when i first saw him i thought to myself "criminy, he looks like he was in a bad car crash or something not long ago." turns out he'd been hit just in front of his left ear about a month ago with an errant golf shot - he had a picture of his ear on his cell phone, and it didn't even LOOK like an ear. it was just this swollen, unidentifiable mass. his ear was mostly back to normal when i played with him, but his left eye was still swollen about halfway shut.

i've never been hit, personally, though i've had two or three close calls. the most memorable was when i was playing a long par three, and someone on the box behind me drove before i'd moved the cart away from the green. i'm writing down my score real quick before moving on and i feel *THUMP!* against the cart seat directly behind me. i turn around and there's a golf ball rolling away from the cart. if it had been even a foot higher, it very likely would've cratered into the base of my skull.

I've had many close calls and have almost hit people myself (not on purpose). The worst is hitting a skulled bunker shot because there is no time to yell fore. It's just embarrassing.

Well, long story short. Has this, or something similar, happened to anybody else?

1. About a month after I started playing, hit my tee shot on a par-3 such that a tree was between me and the green. I figured I would be able to hit a shot that started right and drew around the tree. Long story short : not only couldn't I do this, I got hit by my own ball.

2. Same hole, week later. Walking towards green, and from the anti-parallel par-3 tee, I hear a FORE. I set my bag down and get between the bag and the call... hit in the elbow, on the bounce. I should have sat behind the bag. 3. First round under 100, almost two years ago. Fairway on 18. No warning, hit between the shoulder blades. Said I was OK, and finished the hole. Adding up score (95), I noticed it started to hurt. Went home, soaked in the tub. Went back the next day and shot a 92. It's been almost two years since I was hit... guess I'm due?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wow sounds like your a ball magnet. I hope you don't get hit again it sucks. My cheek is all better now- luckily no teeth were chipped and no jaw broken.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

i've had a few in my time..

driving a cart someone from the other fairway lined one between the backrest and the seat cusion right into my arse.

another time walking down a fairway someone from the other fairway teeing off yelled fore, i ducked, but it hit me in the back shin.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

I had a near miss....

I was playing in a foursome. 3 of us were on the green and waiting for the last guy. He was ok, not great, not bad. We were standing behind him since his ball was just on the other side of the cart path from the green. We grabbed our putters and stood back. He hit, the ball hit the curb and shot back at me. Straight for my....yeah. I JUMPED! The ball went about a foot under my groin because I jumped so high! Well, down the hill went his ball and he asked me why I didn't just let it hit me and stop it.... Yeah....no!

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

yeah. umm. you might need those.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

wow sounds like your a ball magnet. I hope you don't get hit again it sucks. My cheek is all better now- luckily no teeth were chipped and no jaw broken.

geez, i hope the guy at the very least apologized to you. dang man, that must've hurt like hell!

way too many close calls...
waiting for a green to clear and a 4some of jackasses rain balls all around me without yelling fore...
taking my approach shot and having range balls go over the net landing next to me...
hiding behind a tree to let a single play through and having the ball actually hit the tree im hiding behind...
so many...
today i hit a long 3w onto a green where a couple of granny's were putting... everyone in our group yelled FORE at the top of our lungs... ive never ever hit my 3w that far before... thank goodness it didnt hit them
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I was playing in weekly game with a guy that brought his boss along as his guest. At about the 3rd hole, he skulls chip at his boss's groin. The boss turned away and it smacked him in the butt. Oh man, I laughed...

When I first started playing, no one had any clue where the ball was going. I nearly hit a few people on adjoining fairways. I rolled one through a group once. So far though, only close calls.

I'm very conservative when it comes to hitting up on people. If I'm even remotely close enough to hit them, then the course is probably playing slow and there is nothing to gain by even risking it. I get teased because people think I'm trying to be a hero and knock a 5-wood 250 yards or something. But, I'm just cautious.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!