IGNORED

What ball do you play

Note: This thread is 5471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What ball do you play?

• Pro V1 (or X)
    • Bridgestone
    • Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Srixon
    • other

i change a lot but i usually play bridgestone b330 rx.......playing pro v1's irritate me because they are awsome around the greens but i hate them with any sort of wood......bridgestones dont spin enough but theyre soft and great off the tee (and btw id bet they are the longest ball too)

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

I mess around with the kind of ball i play ALL the time.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Bridgestone/Precept. They work very well for me. I like Srixons too.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I play the Pro V1x or the Bridgestone line.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

taylormade tp blacks ! REPRESENT

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

various Wilson Staffs or Top Flites

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

nike balls

9.5* Burner TP
15.0* 3-wood
18.0* 2-hybrid
3-pw DCI gold
54.0* sandwedge 60.0* lob wedge 34" rossa daytona putter penta extreme golf bag and glove

I experimented with several balls so far this season. I ended up settling on the 09 prov1. They're finally durable enough to justify their price, imo. (sans cart path or tree) I played 36 holes with one ball over the weekend with just moderate wear from wedge strikes. The ball still seemed like it had good life, too. Ive worn out previous models in less than 9 holes. Im very happy with this new model right now.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Usually whatever is cheapest because I still lose a decent number. I am contemplating something better now though as I just went my first round without losing a single ball.

I definitely noticed a distance loss on the last balls I bought (dunlop, 18 balls for $14) and they give no feel on short shots. Couple times I've found a pro v1 on a course and used it I was shocked at the control/spin even a beginner like me could get. Now to find a good middle ground of cheap + good performance.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I tried out the Nike One Platinum yesterday and really liked it. I like a lot of control [read: spin] around the greens and these give me that. As of now, these are the new ball for me.

Pro V1x - very happy with the 2009's durability. Can usually get 9 holes out of them, and then they're still good for the chipping/putting green.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

just got srixon soft feel.. im going out to the field to try them out...
ill see how it goes and if i like it, that will be my ball from now on...

Bag: Warbird X

Driver: FT-9 10*
Woods: X-Fairway 3 & 5
Irons: Burner XD Steel 4-AWPutter: White Hot XG 330Ball: Soft Feel

I tried out the TM TP red yesterday and was very happy with it. Nice feel and control around the green, maybe a little shorter than the V1 and B330 RX I usually play though.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I have been playing Precept Laddy X, great ball and real cheap. I recently tried Srixon Soft Feel also a great ball reasonably priced.

I was never a person to buy premium golf balls but the other day I tried a Pro-V1(for the first time) and I was amazed. I would have never thought there was so much difference in the feel and spin factor between a surlyn and urethane ball. I have always played the Top Flite D2 Feel ball but I am definitly going to look into something that is higher spin.

I hit a 1/2 SW the other day that checked up unbelieveable fast with a Pro-V1, would've seen 15 more feet of rollout with my Top Flite D2 Feel. A higher spin ball will definitely benefit my game.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yah i dont notice much difference in the upper echelon of balls. its all good for me.

Note: This thread is 5471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!