IGNORED

Gah.. I'm an idiot

opie
Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I placed a sticker with my name and cell number on the shaft. Makes it easy for someone that might find it to return it.

It also makes it impossible for someone that finds it to rationalize that they aren't a thief (which is exactly what you are if you find a club and don't return it or at least turn it in to lost and found.) Finders-keepers is for 6 year old children who don't know any better, not adults.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

I placed a sticker with my name and cell number on the shaft. Makes it easy for someone that might find it to return it.

I have the feeling that those who would not turn in a found club would simply peel the sticker and claim it anyway.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The people I play with always wonder why I put my clubs on the stick...and I am always reminding them that they left a club.

Other than that, the only time I almost didn't return a club was because I almost forgot. Found one on the 11th. Asked the group ahead and none claimed it. Finished the round expecting to drop it off on the way to the cart return....but got to my car when I realized I still had it. Just a little extra walk back to turn it in and no harm.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I have the feeling that those who would not turn in a found club would simply peel the sticker and claim it anyway.

Sure they would, but at least I'm not giving them a mental out to say "I don't know who it belongs to, so I can keep it." They've got to peel the sticker off (an action that is the same as stealing). Not that they probably care that they are a thief, but you always hope someday their concinse will rise up and bite them.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

My last set of irons I did it with my pitching wedge. I left it on the side of a green and remembered I left it there about 2 holes later. I knew where I left it and went back to get it. It was gone, never turned in. This was a place I worked that is a very nice private course. Who wants a LH cleveland TA5 pitching wedge? It blew my mind and cost me 60 dollars to replace.

Brian

Sure they would, but at least I'm not giving them a mental out to say "I don't know who it belongs to, so I can keep it." They've got to peel the sticker off (an action that is the same as stealing). Not that they probably care that they are a thief, but you always hope someday their concinse will rise up and bite them.

I hear ya. I'm just glad I hadn't had time to become attached to this club yet.

- Shane

I'm prepared for the crap I'll catch for this, but my brother and I have identical set of clubs, and I mean identical, woods, irons, wedges, putters, bag, the works. It never fails when we play together and have to ride in a cart, I am short a 5 iron, have an extra 8 iron or something to that effect.

Why don't you get nametags for your clubs? They're basically stickers just like the "TrueTemper" stickers on shafts. That'd probably work, unless you both had the same name for some sick reason.

-Rich

Grats on getting your club back, OP!

I found a Ping putter the last time I played... it was on the 17th hole. Of course I returned it, but not before trying it out on the 18th. :) Is that bad????

Driver = Dymo2 10.5*
3W = Sumo2 15*
Hyb= G10 18*
3-PW = G10 Graphite
SW = SV Tour Black 56*/10LW = Aspire 60*Putter = XG TeronBag = Clip-Lok Stand BagBall = Zip

Instant Classic!! I would have done the same thing!! LOL

In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

I still can't believe people who steal things they find. If you find my golfball that I was too lazy to retrieve from OB then fine, I don't care. I stopped keeping things I found when I was a pre-teen. There has been a couple times where a group ahead of me has dropped something while walking the course and I pick it up. One group 2 weeks ago dropped a sweatshirt one hole and and left a wedge on the green the next. Congrats on getting your club back though. I'm currently down a 5 iron and that is probably the most annoying club to not have for me. I need it so often.
In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

I think anyone would be fine with you stroking a putt as long as you returned the club. I know I would. I'd just say, "So how'd you like it?"

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

WOW! Slightly amusing, although even if you were just popping into the proshop, wouldn't you kill the engine?

They have a gated parking lot for members, and my truck is a diesel, it does more damage to the engine starting and restarting, than it does to leave it running for a few minutes.

But i live in a small community, and grew up around here. We leave our doors unlocked, because how else would someone get in if they needed to? lol. 90% of the time, my keys can be found in the ignition with the doors unlocked anyway. I only really take em out at night, most of the time.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

It is harder on almost any vehicle(diesel or gas) to be shut off for 1-2 minutes and then started again vs. leaving it running.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

I still can't believe people who steal things they find. If you find my golfball that I was too lazy to retrieve from OB then fine, I don't care. I stopped keeping things I found when I was a pre-teen. There has been a couple times where a group ahead of me has dropped something while walking the course and I pick it up. One group 2 weeks ago dropped a sweatshirt one hole and and left a wedge on the green the next. Congrats on getting your club back though. I'm currently down a 5 iron and that is probably the most annoying club to not have for me. I need it so often.

I leave balls that I find unless there is absolutely nobody else around. Too many times, other players have gone over to my ball and picked it up thinking it was abandoned. A few weeks back, I witnessed a guy doing this and I walked over and asked him if he picked up a Callaway with a green dot. He turned completely red in the face and gave it back. I wasn't to hard on him since I don't think he wasn't playing with a full set of irons.

- Shane

They have a gated parking lot for members, and my truck is a diesel, it does more damage to the engine starting and restarting, than it does to leave it running for a few minutes.

Now that is the type of community I would love to live in. Granted, it is usually a small town type of a place. I can handle that.

As far as trying out a club you found, so long as the person who left it isn't right ahead of you and you turn it in....why not?! It's just a "quick demo!" lol

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

A friend of mine works for a big golf course out here in Oregon and he snags the "throw away" clubs that the pro-shop has kept the prerequisite 30 days. We pick through what we want to keep and try and sell the rest on craigslist. hasn't really panned out so far. But the only downside is i have like 25 irons sitting in my garage.

I do have a GW that a friend gave me and later told me he found while golfing. I smacked him for not turning it in, but I sure as hell kept it (I never did find out what course he found it on). I like how it feels when I hit it.

A Work in Progress:

Bag: Physics Stand Bag (ebay dirt cheap special)
Driver: Knight GTi Tour 285 10*
3 Wood: r7 ST 15*5 Wood: "The Perfect Club" 21* rescueHybrids: None... yetIrons: Burner Super Steel 3-9Wedges: Burner Super Steel PW, AW, SWPutter: BlackJack 206Ball: NXT or ProV-1 (used)

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!