IGNORED

What about a name for my new Pub /pro shop/bar/club/hang out...what have you..?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Dirty Divot

Only the people from the ATL will appreciate this...but if it was on (or what was) Stewart Ave....it would be a bomb....!!!!!!..LOL

I think they still have a few "Dirty Divots" down there..LOL

Sandy Balls Pro Shop & Pub

funny story about this name. our local course has men's league every monday & tuesday night. some of the league names are great. on tuesday nights the league coordinator stands in front of the group and announces the teams and who you will be playing that night. when ever it comes to this name everybody just cracks up. Example: natural hazards against my sandy balls

boxcar

Great Divider cart bag
Orlimar Fury II QB 10.5* driver
Wilson Fatshaft 3 metal 15*
Wilson Fatshaft 5 metal 18*
Wilson Fatshaft 7 metal 21*Fastrax 5 26* HybridPing G2 6-PWPing 52*,56* & 60* i series wedgesPing G2i Craz-e 33" hozel putterSrixon Z-urs ball

The 19h hole would be an obvious one...but I thought I (we..us) might get a little more creative..

Eh, there's a bar near me called the 19th Hole, but it's a strip bar. Classy, huh?

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Eh, there's a bar near me called the 19th Hole, but it's a strip bar. Classy, huh?

...hmm call me young, inexperienced, or whatever... i dont think i wanna see where that 19th hole is

you could call it "Roofies... its in the drink"

Mulligans

The Albatross

Liars Club

Suds 'n Sticks

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

The 19h hole would be an obvious one...but I thought I (we..us) might get a little more creative..

Sometimes being obvious isn't a bad thing. If you are associated with a golf club, then "The 19th hole at Shadowbrooke Country Club" isn't a bad name. Every one would know immediatly what it was.

Pretty much any golf term is going to sound a little cliche, but would get the point across. The Sand Trap (where have I heard that before?) The Fairways Tee Time Bar & Grill Bogies The Backswing The Back Nine The Chip Shot The Dogleg Eagles Bar & Grill Greenside Bar The Snowman The Water Hazard

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

The Range
The wife hears: " Honey I'm going to the range to hit a bucket or two"
Translation: Bucket or two of long necks.

5000 9.5 Graphite deisgn ys6+ stiff
Insight 3 wood stiff
4 hybrid
:I10 3-w AWT Stiff blue dot
X tour 58, 54:VPNXT Tour

+1 on Mulligans.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

Is this going to be associated to a specific golf club? Or is this just going to be a Golf oriented sports bar? Either way it's cool.

Living in chicago, I would love to have a place that did indoor golf in the winter. It would be a restraunt and have like 4 golf simulators (with the big screens you hit the ball into). you could rent them by the hour and they would have tables behind them with nice comfy chairs. Waitresses would stop by and bring you beverages snacks etc. In the middle you would have a big putting green that would allow you to putt out after you made it to the green. You could set up league nights where people would play in leagues. You could set up memberships - like $25 a year and they get $1 an hour off. In the bar area you would have golden tee machines and Plasma screen televisions for golf and on weekends you could have on the game. All of the drinks named after golfers, etc.

Have specials in the summer to entice people to come and play. Depending on the location, you could even have mini golf outside to make it more family oriented.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Is this going to be associated to a specific golf club? Or is this just going to be a Golf oriented sports bar? Either way it's cool.

Interestingly enough, in the Miami, FL area, there is a place called Game Works, and they installed a golfing bay, right behind the bar. I thought it was the collest thing I had ever seen (This is about 10 yrs ago).... you could down a few beers, work on your game.....

They even had specials for company outings and events....well when I finanly wanted to use it, maybe 2 yrs after thay had opened, they shut the golfing bay down. Not enough customers....no kidding...@ $20 a round, it's just as cheep to go a for a full round (walking) or evne a full bucket of two at the range. I do have to say, that the idea is good, specially up north, were the golfers have to hybernate....Even in GA, it might be a good idea. Following on Clearwaterms' idea of four bays....maybe you can call it the The swinging foursome Who know, you might get some press for the name. The dirty divot is alot of fun..specially in the dirty south! Cheers
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Of course the other golf cliches would be:
The Back 9 (with a motto of "Where we grip it 'n rip it)
Handicap's
In Regulation (who doesn't want to play there?)
The Tips

Now, for staff attire....you could have the waitress' in red golf polo's, Bartenders in White and Management in Black. (Ladies Tees, Men's Tees, The Tips....)

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

Of course the other golf cliches would be:

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I second!!!!

Can I be your Human Resources Manager????

It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Pelosi's
Where the first shot is always free!

:P

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

The Flopadopalus Lounge

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Tee Off.

that's hilarious....some might view it as sexist..but undeniably funny.

How bout: Hackers... it's just simple: "you goin to hackers tonight?" "man I took out that slammin waitress at hackers last week" or turnstyle... playing off of "the turn" and mixing it with your own style there's a spot in ny that was called table 50 that I used to DJ at... why? b/c they had 50 tables... or flute.... b/c all of their drinks were served in champagne flutes then the best spot not for a $15 martini - 230 5th. b/c the address is 230 5th ave. then you can have themed drinks like "bunker ball" - take like bailey's since it's brown as your base and start from there. then you can make fun of people who overuse the term: "bite" and call your signature drink: "bite" or "G*d Dammit Tiger" the wedge platter - basically disco fries made with potato wedges the slice - a slice of pizza the hook - a strong a** drink b/c unless you're an expert..you can't control it then instead of supersizing..you can just say: give it to me fat.... or chunky... top balls: basically eggs benedict.. the poached eggs are the ball. the canadian bacon is the dirt..served on an english muffin dyed green. for the health fanatics... you can call a dish grip & "rip"ped - they grip a protein shake and they rip farts when they're done b/c of the protein overdose.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

These naming threads are always fun.

Here's a couple:
The Road Hole
Carnoustie's

I like Mulligan's, too.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!