IGNORED

Best or worst flip flop score

OCdude12
Note: This thread is 5439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was 38-43 yesterday. finished bogey, double, double, bogey...........very disappointing.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Does anyone know why all of us, (I mean the mid handicappers) are like this.

I can not remember the last round where I played well at all and things were even. I shot a 45-47 but that isn't typical.

What can we do?? It is a big difference and seems to seperate the good 5 or 4s from the 8 or 9s.

I am not tired or anything like that but I have a real problem with consistantly posting good scores on the front and back.

Brian

Does anyone know why all of us, (I mean the mid handicappers) are like this.

I think alot of it is just not overreatcing to bad shots. Which is something im working on doing. When things are going well, youre on cruise control. Miss a green after a birdie and a few good pars? No problem, ill just get it up and down. But miss a green after a few bad holes and youre like "OMG I HAVE TO GET UP AND DOWN OR IM RUINED!"

When you have some bad shots after you come off crusie control you start to press. That can just compound your problems.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

2 years ago (when I was around a 15 handicap), I played a course with 2 distinctivly different 9's - front 9 very open 'links style' course and the back 9 very tight with several doglegs and lots of trouble. I was not driving well that day, but got away with it on the front because course was so open I always had a good shot. I shot a +1 37 on front primarily because my short game and putting were really on. The back 9 was a totally different story. My driving was missing big both directions and I couldn't hit the 3 wood or 5 wood either (I didn't carry hybrids at the time and I was not a good long iron player). After losing balls off tee box on the first 2 holes I fell completely apart and shot a 59 (+24) and only got that because I managed to make long 1-putts on 17th and 18th greens (I think I had two 7's on those holes, with 17 being a par 3). Without a doubt it was my worst 9 holes I had played in years and fortunately I have not duplicated the dubious feat of matching that 59 again (at least not yet).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Well this would probably be considered a best flip-flop... Last Saturday on my home course I went out with a buddy who is a golf pro and was in town for two weeks. Front 9 was terrible, I couldn't hit driver to save my life(Everything was pulled/hooked left) and shot a 49. About the 8th hole he mentioned that my bottom hand on my driver grip was very strong and thought I should try to weaken it. So I did and on the back 9 I hit driver dead straight and deep every hole I had to use it. Ended up shooting my best score of 36. It was a pretty fun ending. He was pretty amazed as this is only my second year of golf, but all the while he shot a 33-34 for a 67...

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

I saw this thread earlier and thought: "what's up with these guys"? I'm fairly consistent, posting nines in the 38-44 range.

Then I played yesterday.....

Shot 49, then 36!!!!

13 stroke difference!

I Lost 4 balls in the span of 4 holes, missed a 2 foot putt, etc... I need a par on the ninth to not shoot 50 !

I righted the ship on the back, after starting with bogey on 1, a few pars and a double, I birdied 16, 17 & 18! THREE IN A ROW IS MY NEW RECORD!

Iron game and putting came to life! Plus I triple boinged off the cart path on 17, I was 40 yards out on a 400 yard hole! (now I gotta go post how I drive the ball over 300+ yards in another thread). It costs me a nice Pro-V, but made me about $80!

Best part is I won a total of $206!!! I was able to not get killed in my Nassau bets, and I have a great damn-I'm-good feeling at least until 8 am Saturday when we tee it up again!

I think alot of it is just not overreatcing to bad shots. Which is something im working on doing. When things are going well, youre on cruise control. Miss a green after a birdie and a few good pars? No problem, ill just get it up and down. But miss a green after a few bad holes and youre like "OMG I HAVE TO GET UP AND DOWN OR IM RUINED!"

that is good advice. I definitely think there is a correlation for me. Miss short putt for par, bad tee shot on the next hole. It is like clock work. But I need to change this pattern.

Brian

talk about a tale of 2 nines. 48-38 Sunday. was 12-over (with a QUAD on the par-3 #4) after 7, when I said to myself I was going to shape up and par the rest. Pared 8 & 9 to make my 48. Bogied 11, then pared 12, 13 birdie 14 w/ a 22' putt to go even on the back. 15 is a par 3, I left it pin high left on the fringe. Drained the put, also 22' for birdie. The Randy says," Hey man, you can go 34 on the back just paring in.....normally this is a decent proposition as I finish strong......not today, missed a 3' putt for par on 16, so I'm even on the back. Double the par 5 17, and bogie #18 for a smooth 3 over 38............Man I Love/Hate this game!!!!!!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

This past Sunday..

40 on the front (after 4 putting the ninth for a double) and then a whopping 55 on the back.. First 3 holes on the back were

6 (par 4 where tee shot went right into the trees and the escape attempt was pitiful)
9 (Par 5, tee left onto edge of woods where fallen tree made me hack it out backwards left handed)
6 (Par 3 where tee shot was OB with an 8 iron!! talk about furious )

toss in another couple bogeys and a double and you get 55.. *sigh*

53 - 41 yesterday.... The first two hours of the day were just miserable.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Yesterday, couldn't keep the the tee shot on the fairway for the front nine, but got it figured out on the back. 48-36.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Oh i got a great one. On sunday, i was standing on the 14th tee at even par. Ended up shooting 7 over 77...lol. Finished double, double, bogey, par, double.

I win!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Everyone has been there before, either you start off blazing on the front nine and absolutely tank it on the back or you somehow save what was a miserable front with a Tigeresque finishing nine. Lets here some good stories.

umm 2 over on front 6 under on back for a 68

How about a flip flop four holes. Beat this:

Hole Par Score
1 4 10
2 4 4
3 5 12
4 4 5

Camping and walking 40Km in a weekend clearly does wonders for your swing.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Note: This thread is 5439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!