IGNORED

Walkers??

TN94z
Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a ClicGear 2.0 for Christmas this year and have been walking more. Some courses in the area don't let you walk on the weekends so I have to ride, but I prefer walking.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always walk unless its a really really long course or Im drinking. I've rarely had a guy in a cart catch me, they generally are to busy driving around in circles looking for their balls.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I am a devout walker. I was first off the tee yesterday morning and played 9 holes in 1 hr. 25 min. It was soooo nice not having to wait on anyone.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a devout walker. I was first off the tee yesterday morning and played 9 holes in 1 hr. 25 min. It was soooo nice not having to wait on anyone.

I love to walk too. I think it is so much more relaxing plus you don't have to talk to anyone because they aren't sitting next to you.

Brian

I love to walk too. I think it is so much more relaxing plus you don't have to talk to anyone because they aren't sitting next to you.

I think it helps keep my back loose as well.

- Shane

• Administrator

I walk at Lake View.
I'd be insane to walk at Whispering Woods.

That said, when I have a partner, I try to let him drive the cart as much as possible. I prefer walking.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I walk at Lake View.

That's the beauty of Western Pennsylvania golf! It can go from tabletop flat to don't-look-down heights in less than a mile.

I absolutely prefer to walk, unfortunately at some of the tracks around here the riding carts can barely climb the hills, what chance would I have on foot? But, at the courses where the walk is friendly, I'll just meet you boys on the green!

my neighbor gave me a 2-wheel pull cart. I stuck my stand bag on it, took it out and realized halfway through the round that the bag will not stay put due to the stand and the mechanism on the bottom. As soon as I got home the bag was off the cart and had the straps back on. Neighbor told me that's why he didn't need it, his new stand bag wouldn't stay on it. Something he didn't mention to me =P

A Work in Progress:

Bag: Physics Stand Bag (ebay dirt cheap special)
Driver: Knight GTi Tour 285 10*
3 Wood: r7 ST 15*5 Wood: "The Perfect Club" 21* rescueHybrids: None... yetIrons: Burner Super Steel 3-9Wedges: Burner Super Steel PW, AW, SWPutter: BlackJack 206Ball: NXT or ProV-1 (used)

Look around and you can find a good 3-wheel push cart for under $100. It's way better than the 2-wheel pull carts. I walk when I can, which is 90% of the time.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

Theres several things that go into the decision of walking vs. Riding. I only allow myself to ride if it falls under these catagories:
* Incliment Weather (Thunderstorms coming = Get me outta here!)
* Scorching Hot (85 degrees = cart for me!)
* Golfing with a group of friends (No reason to look like an idiot when you know the people you're playing with)
* Aches and Pains (Gotta golf, but body hurts)
* Super Hilly (Who designed this Mo' Fo'?!)

Realistically, walking is great for you AND your golf game. You stay relaxed, focused, it's better for you, and it's much easier to develop a rythm. Statistically, my game is markedly improved if I walk several times in a row.

I got a 3-wheel push cart from Dicks for $75, but there are better priced ones at rockbottomgolf.com if you are trying to save money.

Besides, have you EVER seen a professional golfer riding in a tournament (besides the guy with serious back? issues).

In Australia carts are predominantly reserved for senior golfers who are unable to maintain an acceptable pace of play walking. I still play regularly with golfers well into their 70's and 80's who have no problems keeping up walking with a 4 hour round. They might walk a little slower but they tend to be very straight and have very brief (if any) pre shot routines. Many younger players could learn about shot preparation and being ready to play by watching how efficient these senior golfers are rather than copying their favourite PGA pro.

However, as more and more resort style courses are being built the use of carts on these "cart only" courses is obviously increasing cart usage over here. Combine that with the trend towards social golf by people with less time available to spend on the course and it seems inevitable that we are heading down the path of the US in terms of carts becoming a regular feature of a round of golf, bit sad really.

My experience of "cart golf" is limited with the rounds were no faster than walking but we spent a hell of a lot less time getting to our balls but a hell of a lot more time then waiting to play our next shot.

honestly, i feel jipped if i don't walk the course and play from the back tees. unless i'm playing with a foursome on the weekends, you'll never catch me riding in a cart.

rochester... if scorching hot is 85 degrees, i'd suggest not coming to texas to play. hell, i'm walking 18 tomorrow and the high is 94. from june to september, only an act of god is going to bring the temp below 90

honestly, i feel jipped if i don't walk the course and play from the back tees. unless i'm playing with a foursome on the weekends, you'll never catch me riding in a cart.

That's what I was about to say. I am from West TN and 85 is a descent day around here.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I absolutely prefer to walk though I may take a cart every once in a while (especially if I had a long night the night before). I'd say 9 times out of 10 I walk.

To the OP:
Don't feel embarassed or intimidated or whatever feelings it was that you had when paired with people in carts. If they're giving you lip its because they know they should be walking too (but they're too lazy).

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

That is for sure. I walk whenever possible, but my courses are long in terms of green to tee. The holes aren't that bad but it is forever to the next tee box.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

Fawk 'em. There's nothing wrong with walking. The people that never walk are missing 95% of the course.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

the smell of the wind in the air.

I'm sorry, but this is classic.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

If the course is walkable and it's the morning, I'll walk. Otherwise I'm in a cart. I'm certain that if I tried to walk an afternoon round in Texas I would collapse by the third hole.

Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!