IGNORED

Rant: Chewers

RC
Note: This thread is 5395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not difficult at all to avoid spitting on a green, and I chew tobacco quite a bit... As far as using the restroom facilities on a course, sure, if they're available I'll use them... Not always available on the hole you're playing... Recently played St. Andrews and asked my caddie where the nearest restroom was, his answer "find the nearest bush and go"...

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't care less if people chew tobacco or sunflower seeds, but please don't spit on the green (of all places).

The green is sacred ground. You don't run on the green, you don't slam your club down in frustration on the green, you don't drive or park a pull/power cart on the green, so why would you spit there? Out of respect for the course, your fellow golfers (in and out of your group), and even the greenskeeper please spit somewhere other than the sacred playing surface.

Is it really that hard to not spit on a green? Seriously spitting on a green whether its from chewing or not is like giving a big ol "F YOU" to the course you're playing on. Have a little respect and keep it to the side.

I work at a golf course, and the owner chews as well. Has nothing to do with respect. Has to do with when you gotta spit you spit.

Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

• Administrator
I work at a golf course, and the owner chews as well. Has nothing to do with respect. Has to do with when you gotta spit you spit.

I think it has to do with respect for the course and for others.

If you don't chew, you don't "gotta spit."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You don't spit on you floor at home when you have to spit do you? Im sure you must have another way of dealing with spit when you're inside. I would be a pretty big jerk if i went into your house and spit all over you floor, and likewise people don't need to deal with it on the putting green.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

Like I've said before, people who spit all over the course....should be banned from golf. Such a nasty habit is obviously an outlet for some other problems they have so they should be required to go to a shrink or something before they can play golf again.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

Like I've said before, people who spit all over the course....should be banned from golf. Such a nasty habit is obviously an outlet for some other problems they have so they should be required to go to a shrink or something before they can play golf again.

That's the funniest shit I've read on this forum! Outstanding!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN.

fixed.

What's In My Bag
Driver: r9 TP
Fairway wood: Hibore XLS 3
Hybrids: Hibore XLS 3&4
Irons: Victory Red Blades 4-PWedge: Cg14 Camo 56 R-91 60Putter: Rossa LabeauBall: Pro V1

Put me in the group that doesn't give a damn about where anybody spits expect for tees and greens. ESPECIALLY greens. As another poster said, greens should be treated as sacred ground.

But if you dip and want to spit in the rough, fairways, in a bush, whatever. Doesn't bother me one bit.

As for "banning" people from a golf course for spitting, smoking, or pi$$ing in a bush or behin a tree, that's some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time.
Driver: Nakashima HTEC 440cc 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki X73
3 Wood: 909F3 15* w/Fujikura Pro-95 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Nakashima 2 iron 19* w/ KBS Tour shaft 6.5
Irons 3-PW: 690.MB w/ KBS Tour Shafts 6.5
Wedges: Black Nickel Spin Milled 56.11* & 60.04* w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel Wedge ShaftsPutter: Pro...

Are the greens on your course so huge that it's a problem to walk to the edge of it and spit into the rough or something like that?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Then carry a dip cup.

Then carry a dip cup.

lol a dip cup? Nah thats ok. Im playing golf to have a good time. Its not like i spit in the cup! I just turn my head and spit where ever it lands it lands. You people dont understand what any chewer is talking about because you dont do it. And its not like yeah im gunna spit on the green hell yeah! Its like the tinyest bit of spit that comes out of my mouth. And i usually tap it with my putter. Theres no way any person could hit a ball on the green and have the ball get trapped by spit. It doesnt work like that people...

Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

i don't mind dip but when i look and see an old fat stogie or some dog shit lyin on the green that pisses me off.
Driver: Adams insight A4 Prototype
loft 9.0 face 2 degrees open
Matrix Ozik X high kick point
3 wood Tour Edge Exotic CB2
loft 15 Mitsubishi Fubiki XHybrid Cleveland launcer 3I Aldila NV XIrons ...

Don't get mad at other peoples habits just cuz its something they like to do.

I don't get mad at your habit because you like to do it. You could be a masochist (you golf, after all, so not too much of a stretch) for all I care. I think that dip spit is probably the second most disgusting liquid there is, right after bong water.

Since I have to get close to, and often touch, the ground on the green and the tee box, those are the only places I would prefer that people not spit. On the fairway, in the rough, in a bunker, expectorate away. It's gross, but I just let it go.
lol a dip cup? Nah thats ok. Im playing golf to have a good time. Its not like i spit in the cup! I just turn my head and spit where ever it lands it lands. You people dont understand what any chewer is talking about because you dont do it. And its not like yeah im gunna spit on the green hell yeah! Its like the tinyest bit of spit that comes out of my mouth. And i usually tap it with my putter. Theres no way any person could hit a ball on the green and have the ball get trapped by spit. It doesnt work like that people...

What "doesn't work like that" is defining other people's preferences for them. Many people have told you they find your juice unpleasant, inconvenient, or both. You can't argue that away. That is how we experience it and how we feel.

If you continue, you're just saying you don't give shit about our enjoyment on the course, just your own. Not an uncommon sentiment, but not exactly a virtue either.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

i just hate it when things like this come up in this place.
#1. Thread started about seed shells, I agree not the best thing on greens( not that they will make a huge diff in my score, could even help on one of many mis-aimed putts.
#2. Must remove trees and brush from course so as not to have leaves and twigs on green. May also reduce bird droppings that may impeid rolling balls or make people sick. (also may reduces temptation for people to relieve them selves behind)
# Clubhouse must have on staff mental health profesonals to deal with golfers feeling like they are in the great out-doors and not setting behind a computer stirring up others with absurd moral judgements.

With tounge planted firmly in cheek, JoelDuffer

DRIVER: SIEGE Clone 10.5º @ 45" 460cc
#1 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 9.5º @44 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
#3 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 13º @43 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
2-9,PW,SW IRONS "TOUR MODEL II" Black Dot TRUE TEMPER Dynamic
(3I @38 1/2" - 9I @35 1/2")RESCUE/HYB "THE GREAT ESCAPE" (SG tm) 24º @41 1/4"

I don't get mad at your habit because you like to do it. You could be a masochist (you golf, after all, so not too much of a stretch) for all I care. I think that dip spit is probably the second most disgusting liquid there is, right after bong water.

Why would you pick something so inconvenient to argue about? Its spit? Lol your gunna call me a masochist cuz i like to chew tobacco? Its ridiculous how something so simple can cause such a big argument. I could argue their preferences away just as well. No amount of spit that comes out of my mouth which is then pressed into the ground by my putter could stop even a wiffle ball let alone a golf ball. Now other peoples spit could be by the gallon. Im talking about myself alone. And it helps me enjoy the game. So regardless im gunna continue to spit on the green or where ever i please and no one will ever say a thing about it. Not cuz they dont care but because it doesn't effect anyone in my groups game or any others that follow. So stop complaining.

Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour

Spitting, chewing, smoking, etc.....is an outlet as a result of other problems someone has such as stress, anger, nerves. Therefore people who do this should see a shrink in order to solve said problem so that they won't need to spit, chew, smoke. Tapping your putter into the spit is even worse because then you touch the putter head as you put it in your bag and then shake the guys hand next to you. Believe me nobody wants to touch your spit regardless of how little you think there is.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

• Administrator
Guys, maybe you should lighten up on this Drennen fellow for being an entitled jerk spitting his disgusting brown goo all over the place.

After all, he'll probably need to have some or all of his his lips, gums, tongue, or cheek removed in 5-15 years. He's 18 now, so, you know... before he even reaches his midlife crisis he might just look like these people .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!