IGNORED

Grips, Grips, Grips (Equipment, Not Your Hands)

Note: This thread is 4810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lamkin full chord! Perfect for hot weather.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a grip I make myself. I take a Winn grip, take all the wrapping off, then I use cloth tape to build the grip to my specks. After than, I take a tennis replacement grip and wrap around. It is soft like a Winn, but it is easier to make the grip like I want.... a little thicker, non-tapering, and about 4 inches longer than standard. The best thing is replacement is very easy.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

IMO, correct grip thickness is more important than grip type. Find the grip size that you can hold the tightest most comfortably. This can be highly subjective and may not correlate with grip fitting charts, etc.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Golf Pride New Decade

me too love them.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Golf Pride New Decades are the best IMO

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

• 1 year later...

I'm looking to re-grip my clubs this winter and wanted to know what the best grips are out there now.  I like the non-corded style.  Something softer where a can get a good feel for the club. I have heard mixed views on tacki-macs and premio (this is recently new to my knowledge anyone have these?)

I currently have the Winn G8 RAVE grips and really liked them but I feel like they wore down quickly (I got 2 seasons out of them).

Any grips that you guys have used that seem to be my style I would love to hear about them

Thanks in advance.

I've heard very good things on the PURE grips... I think you should consider those... the main site has a review on them.

You can pick up a 13 grip set with the attachment gun for $50 on RockBottomGolf.com

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For non-corded grips, my favorite are Lamkin Crosslines. Lots of texture without being aggressive on your hands, decent in damp weather, too. I generally use cord or half-cords, though.

I have been golfing a few times this December and i live in NY. I use the Lamkin Crossline and they are great.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

What do the half cords look like.  What is the hybrid grips that are out there.

Google "Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound"

Half cord are regular on the front half of the grip and cord on the back... the multi compound grips are regular on the bottom and cord on the top.

In addition to the Pure grips, if you want something like the multi compound that Golf Pride does, check out Sharpro grips on eBay... much cheaper and just as good.  They are cheaper because they own the patent (Golf Pride has to pay them to use it).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I currently have Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips, but in need of a change.  Tried about 10 different grips on a stick in a store, Golf Pride, Lamkin, Winn, cords, non-cords, hybrids.  And I liked the Lamkin crossline the best.  This week I ordered my new grips.  Lamkin Crossline Tour Navy Blue.  I hadn't tried their tour version in the store, as they didn't have those, but couldn't resist the blue color for my Mizuno irons.  Now I'm waiting for delivery and hope they feel every bit as good as the regular Crossline when I install them.

I know you said you were looking for the non-cords but the New Decade multi compounds are amazing. I dont even wear gloves anymore these grips feel so good. They dont get to slick even in all the humidty we have down here in fl. Great grip, Def worth the money.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

• Administrator

http://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/pure_grips_review

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!