IGNORED

Tiger equipment change for Memorial.

RichF
Note: This thread is 5452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Erik has a good point here... he maybe playing the original prototype for the VRs?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look here, specifically the irons and the date (woods memorial winning clubs)

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2009...ing-clubs.html

I dunno, they dont look like anything VR to me? the ones he played were identical EXCEPT, there was "T" where the swoosh is, and a swoosh on the muscle back as I mentioned previously.

we all know they are not off the shelf right? Not sure hes played too many clubs ever off the shelf, they are prototypes for sure... but they looking nothing like VR thingies, much more like the old blades, thats all I was saying...LOL

I did everything but reach out and take one out of the bag. from all the goofy posts, believe me, I wish I had taken a picture Wednesday to put all the non-sense to rest. He used the VR wedges still and wore VR on his hat too.

The true question is...will he go back to VR's for the US Open? or play the classic Nike blades again...

keep in mind he was ranked #3 in GIR for the tourney..I'm betting he's sticking with the classic blades that look more like the originals while the Nike folks are scrambling to get a VR on those clubs..they should cause it appears the public wants him to be playing VR so badly.. LOL

Even before he discarded the VR's before switching back...just my opinion, but the VR's are ugly...they may be why Im telling you..pure aesthetics...

Tiger would crack up if he could see these posts...

• Administrator
Look here, specifically the irons and the date (woods memorial winning clubs)

That's pointless. They're linking to a store that has to sell you something. The link doesn't take you to the exact clubs Tiger played. His had more of a curve to them like the VR, not the straight line like those available in that store link.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just read this thread, this is hilarious.

On a side note, is he playing the driver with the adjustable shaft, like in the commercial. I would think he would laugh that right out of his bag.
TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Can you say Katsuhiro Miura?

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Can you say Katsuhiro Miura?

I had never heard of these before this thread. Did Tiger actually used to play them? Does anyone on tour still play them?

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

He definitely used to play them... it is unsure if he still does, but I'm pretty sure that his so called "proto type" irons that he's switching back to are his Miuras.

in the bag

He definitely used to play them... it is unsure if he still does, but I'm pretty sure that his so called "proto type" irons that he's switching back to are his Miuras.

I doubt that. When he won the amateur titles, was he hitting the titleists? So when was he playing these? Given the changes in his swing and his body shape/size there is no way the clubs he used 10+ years ago could still be correct for him.

I've heard Miura Irons for over a year here....What is this guy, an ancient Samuri Sword maker or something???

Throw me a friggin bone....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I've heard Miura Irons for over a year here....What is this guy, an ancient Samuri Sword maker or something???

Haha yeah... a kid I know has them and they are gold.

in the bag

Anything to back up your claims about Tiger playing them? I didn't think so. Just like I said before, no different than 9/11 conspiracy theories.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

did you guys know that tiger doesnt really drive a buick? its actually a land rover with a different cover and new badgeing...

Colin P.

I've seen a lot of posts saying Tiger played Titleist irons when he was an amateur. Wasn't he playing Mizuno MP-14's as an amateur?

He switched to the Titleist blades when he turned pro, since he signed with both Nike and Titleist but Nike was in it's baby stages of golf and did not have a line of clubs/balls yet. He didn't start playing Nike irons until things went sour with Titleist, I believe.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

For the record:
  • Mizuno MP-14 & MP-29 (1996-1998)
  • Titleist 681 'T' (1998-2002)
  • Nike Forged (2002-2008)
  • Nike VR / Nike Forged (2009)
  • Miura (no proof at all that he's ever used them, in any guise)
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!