IGNORED

Tiger Woods amazing win!!

NorCalGolfer
Note: This thread is 5440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was parked on the second tee box yesterday while the last groups were coming through. When Tiger and his mob came through, I could tell from the focus in his eyes that he was/is "back". He proceeded to stripe his 3w down the fairway and birdie the hole after a less than desirable approach. Impressive win on a very tough course with lightning fast greens.

BTW - There were plenty of Euros there on Thursday and Friday but many didn't hang around for the weekend for some reason. Regardless, there was a lot of other international talent there through.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't even require this week's win to still know that Tiger is the best. He took 9 months off and nobody was able to pass him in the world rankings. That's all anyone should need to see. He is so far ahead of any other player in ability and achievement that even during that long sabbatical, no one was able to unseat him. And now all he's going to do is continue to extend his lead again.

If he truly has gotten his driver under control, then the rest of the field at Bethpage had better be very, very scared. His wild tee shots were the only thing really holding him back since his return to competition.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

whats really scary is that tigers 69 on thursday was about as bad a score as he could have shot. goes for saturday as well. how many lip outs did he have? he could have easily been at -16 or -17

Colin P.

What's truly amazing, is that Tiger isn't near his best yet. When he fully recovers from his knee surgery, and heck that could be another year or 18 months from here, he's going to be unstoppable and a calender Grand Slam is there for the taking. No disrespect to any Euros, but if Paddy can win 2 in a year, heck TW could do 4 easily.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

It doesn't even require this week's win to still know that Tiger is the best. He took 9 months off and nobody was able to pass him in the world rankings. That's all anyone should need to see. He is so far ahead of any other player in ability and achievement that even during that long sabbatical, no one was able to unseat him. And now all he's going to do is continue to extend his lead again.

It looked that tiger was using alot of 3woods. He was nuking that thing, but from what i could see on TV the fairways at the course were kinda big as well. Which wont be the case at bethpage. He might hit his 3wood 270 or so, but he is gong to have to pull driver at the US open if he expects to win. Which seems to me is his nemesis club.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Thats what Tiger is all about, he thrives on the pressure and hits shots like the two irons on 17 and 18. Simply amazing, and most of the guys on here that are saying that it wasn't a major couldnt hit those shots with the pressure of their local club championship, much less the Memorial.
Driver: FT-3 Fusion w/ YS-Power X-flex
3-wood: McHenry Metals 12 degree with UST comp X
2 iron: MP Hi-Fli 18 degree
Irons: MP-60 3-PW w/ Rifle 6.5
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52,58 degreePutter: Red X 35X3Ball: ONE Platinum

It is very exciting for the golf community for Tiger to play like that. If he drives the ball well he is by far and away the best golfer in the world. I can not wait for Bethpage. It might be one of those killings of the field. If he played the way he did on Sat/Sun he would have lapped the field.

I just can't believe how good he is still.

Brian

"I suspect that (major) No. 15 will come for Tiger Woods in about two weeks," said Jack Nicklaus after watching Woods spectacularly birdie the two closing holes at Muirfield Village to hold off Jim Furyk by a stroke.

"If he hits the ball like that it won't even be a contest."

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

A HOLLOW VICTORY. NO Phil; very few Euros. He beat the old guys like Furyk, who is washed up, and the no-names. Wait until Bethpage, when the BIG BOYS are in town, and then if he wins, start talking THEN, and not now.

This idiotic post is the reason why so many people on various boards detest you (other reason is number of lies) and you end up leaving because everyone makes fun of you and I see you haven't changed from past mistakes

Tiger's game does his talking. He shoots 65 in the final found at the course that has the fastest greens on tour with his old blades and new driver. He birdies 3 of the last 4 holes to win and rolls a beauty on 17 and stuffs it to 1ft on 18.. Oh and by the way, he was 14/14 in fairways hit.

If that isn't enough, he's won twice already this year and is #1 on the PGA Tour in scoring average an unreal 68.88

it's simply amazing, and whether you are a Tiger hater or not, he's the best player by far...still...

Some of you guys are absolutely amazing, the man makes a 15 footer to win the Arnie Classic after Sean literally says Hey Tiger, you look cute lemme shoot a god damn 3 over today to let you win by one. Tiger earned his victory at Memorial with that 65 on Sunday but big deal, his first legit tournament win this year. He is so far from back, in fact he will never be back, we saw a different Tiger back in the day and unfortunately (all you 34+ year old men know this) when you hit a certain age you change. When i see Woods play all I can see is him trying to replicate what he has done in the past, well good luck Tiger because its not happening, IMO he'll be lucky to win a major in the next two years. Jack is where its at, and Tiger cant touch him.

...and his blades are lame as shit

Don't feed ian.mp57 guys. He only wants attention.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Don't feed ian.mp57 guys. He only wants attention.

I love gettin attention from a bunch of dudes on golf forums. Nice smileys I did those when I was 12. Its people like you that make forums a bunch of back n forth non sense. And this is a prime example.

By the way I am not hating on Tigers round at Memorial, I live just a hour and a half south and had a weekend pass. I watched his last two rounds and I feel it was the best he played all year. I used to be a huge Tiger supporter he is who made me get into golf at a young age, I just think he lost it, but is still number 2 player to ever walk this earth.

Did you really just flame me for having a smiley face as my sig. Really.

I would love to see you make a 15 footer at the Arnie classic to win since it's so easy. I really hope Tiger wins the US Open to make you look like an ass.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

• Administrator
BTW, I think I read a stat recently that Tiger Woods has won 19 of his last 45 PGA Tour events.

Including, of course, those in the "comeback" period this year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!